19 minutes ago, MarkW said:

If you don't want the bundle should you buy the piston or turbine?

The piston also comes with a performance enhancing Grand Duke variant, so from that standpoint you are getting more than the turbine standalone variant.

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, outermarker said:

It's an absolute joy to fly by hand (and I'm usually not the biggest fan of hand flying in the sim). But my favorite part and the thing that brings it all together is the sounds, one of the best sound sets I've heard in sim in the last 20 years. I'm so glad Nick worked with Boris on these. Not too long ago, I wouldn't have expected a GA add-on like this to come from anyone other than A2A. Can't wait to see what the future holds!

That's good to hear!.. would be great to hear reviews/opinions of the flight model from others. Unlike A2A and its external FM, Black Square is using MSFS's CFD tech for its FM which in the hands of the right developer can really shine (i.e. iniBuilds' GA and airliners, FSReborn GA birds, etc).

Also looking forward to how they implemented the new ground handling/physics from SU15.. I presume those who install this aircraft with the SU15 beta will automatically trigger that new functionality?

Edited by lwt1971

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

20 minutes ago, MarkW said:

If you don't want the bundle should you buy the piston or turbine?

Ryan did a good summary of the differences above, It depends if you want to think about managing a piston or a turbine and whether you want to climb and travel faster, as the turbine is a much faster aircraft. For me, I would not likely fly both of them so I am going to just get the Turbine so I can fly longer distances in a more reasonable time. Hoping to hear more impression though.

• Like 1

Dan Scott

I just managed to pay for bundle and site crashed LOL

fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1

• Like 3

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

15 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

If you don't want the bundle you should buy them each separately.  🙂  

But seriously, the turbine goes a bit faster at altitude (FL250-300) speed-wise around 270-290 ktas.  Piston at FL250 does around 250 or 260 ktas if I recall.  The the turbine also climbs a heck of a lot faster....  3000-4000 fpm vs 1000-2000 (piston).  But the turbine guzzles more fuel per hour.  Both have tons of avionics options and the same deep systems.

I've flown the absolute word not allowed out of the Turbine Duke.  Ryen, you're the go to guy here...What's the range difference between the two?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Are there any left?

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

It's back! 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Downloading 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Maintenance done and the website is live again.  Really sorry for the initial hiccup there.  Too manty trying to get through the doors as soon as they released. We've increase capacity so things should be better now. Won't be ultra-fast to start with but moving a lot better now.

Hope you all get what you're after!

• Like 15
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JustFlightScott said:

Hope you all get what you're after!

And I hope you guys make a ton of money. well deserved!

• Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

I don't get the WT GNS 530/430 to run. On the JS site it was said that the GNS would already work with the S15beta. During the installation I was asked if I had the 15beta which I answered with YES. But no GNS running. Anyone else with this problem?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

What a week for MSFS! First BeyondATC was released, and now the Black Square Duke!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Probably going to get the Turbine Duke. Anyone know if a Simbrief profile exists for the airframe, or what to base it on?

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, mmcmah said:

Probably going to get the Turbine Duke. Anyone know if a Simbrief profile exists for the airframe, or what to base it on?

I don't think so.  I tried to enter BE60 or B60T and it wasn't there.  I was using king air 200 for my BATC flights

Edited by ryanbatc

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

ok, one thing I don't like right off the bat - it auto installs to the CF - I really hate that. Just loads up the CF unnecessarily.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors