July 9, 20242 yr Just now, Tuskin38 said: Distracting spot? It’s at the very top right corner of the screen. It’s completely out of the way. We are individuals right? Or you you expect that because it doesn’t bother you it certainly must not bother anyone else ? AMD Ryzen 9800X3D/ Asus ROG Strix B650E F Gaming WiFi / Asrock Taichi 9070XT / 32GB G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200 Pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / Seasonic Vertex 1000w PSU / Lian Li LanCool II Mesh Performance / Asus VG34VQL3A / Topping E70 Velvet DAC & L70 Amp /Sennheiser HD660s2 Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke + TCA Sidestick + TFRP Rudders
July 9, 20242 yr 2 minutes ago, Maxis said: We are individuals right? Or you you expect that because it doesn’t bother you it certainly must not bother anyone else ? How is the top right corner a distracting spot? Edited July 9, 20242 yr by Tuskin38
July 9, 20242 yr Commercial Member 21 minutes ago, Maxis said: Sorry no… the product and its functionality identifies the product.. the logo is your branding and under these circumstances does not need to be displayed in a distracting location or manner EVERYTIME the person interacts with the product. Your product’s functionality does not depend on the logo, your customers should be able to opt out of seeing branding when it has nothing to do with the functionality. As it regards to the efb which I personally don’t really have issue with you should be well aware that as soon as the efbs come out wallpapers are released to replace them. Even Fenix themselves posted the option to replace their efb original wallpapers with whatever the customer wants as a feature. Call me old school but the effectiveness and utility of your product should be able to do 90% of the advertising work for itself. Your logo only should be getting involved after interest is generated. No need to see it forced on screen indiscreetly when the end user engages a function. I do wherever I please with my product and my logos will be wherever I want them to be. If you don't like it, don't buy it.. simple as that.. and under those circumstances almost every product in MSFS would be annoying for you basically. You cannot rule me or any other company in the way we want to use our logos, branding or company PR.. The entitlement on this community is astonishing sometimes. R. Oficial Website: https://www.FSReborn.com Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/XC82TqvKQ3
July 9, 20242 yr Just now, simbol said: I do wherever I please with my product and my logos will be wherever I want them to be. If you don't like it, don't buy it.. simple as that.. and under those circumstances almost every product in MSFS would be annoying for you basically. You cannot rule me or any other company in the way we want to use our logos, branding or company PR.. The entitlement on this community is astonishing sometimes. R. Thanks for letting me know your feelings on the issue and yep it’s duly noted.. You need to learn how it’s done by some of the other up and coming devs in this community. Some of you are stuck in your ways and I’m glad I can clearly identify who caters to their end users and who can take a breath reflect and then try to problem solve for the benefit of their own business and their clients. AMD Ryzen 9800X3D/ Asus ROG Strix B650E F Gaming WiFi / Asrock Taichi 9070XT / 32GB G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200 Pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / Seasonic Vertex 1000w PSU / Lian Li LanCool II Mesh Performance / Asus VG34VQL3A / Topping E70 Velvet DAC & L70 Amp /Sennheiser HD660s2 Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke + TCA Sidestick + TFRP Rudders
July 9, 20242 yr 3 minutes ago, Maxis said: Thanks for letting me know your feelings on the issue and yep it’s duly noted.. You need to learn how it’s done by some of the other up and coming devs in this community. Some of you are stuck in your ways and I’m glad I can clearly identify who caters to their end users and who can take a breath reflect and then try to problem solve for the benefit of their own business and their clients. You should look more closely at the addons you buy. You’ll probably find a lot of them have their logo somewhere.
July 9, 20242 yr Commercial Member 7 minutes ago, Maxis said: Thanks for letting me know your feelings on the issue and yep it’s duly noted.. You need to learn how it’s done by some of the other up and coming devs in this community. Some of you are stuck in your ways and I’m glad I can clearly identify who caters to their end users and who can take a breath reflect and then try to problem solve for the benefit of their own business and their clients. I cater for my customers very well sir, do a little research about me actually about how much I care. There is a clear line to be drawn between customer needs and people that want to IMPOSE and RULE how we should run our business, asking a refund because a logo is beyond crossing that line to be frank, we know the user asking for the refund will continue to use the product regardless (since will not delete it), effectively has now steal from the company just because a logo *roll eyes*. Another way of crossing the line is the way wait you write to me saying I am not allowed to use my company brand the way I require and consider to do so, or imposing your own ideas and expect me to react positively towards it. R. Oficial Website: https://www.FSReborn.com Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/XC82TqvKQ3
July 9, 20242 yr 26 minutes ago, simbol said: I cater for my customers very well sir, do a little research about me actually about how much I care. There is a clear line to be drawn between customer needs and people that want to IMPOSE and RULE how we should run our business, asking a refund because a logo is beyond crossing that line to be frank, we know the user asking for the refund will continue to use the product regardless (since will not delete it), effectively has now steal from the company just because a logo *roll eyes*. Another way of crossing the line is the way wait you write to me saying I am not allowed to use my company brand the way I require and consider to do so, or imposing your own ideas and expect me to react positively towards it. R. Please identify where i said you can or cannot ? I wouldn't as a consumer want to see branding where i should be seeing sky. NO one is completely opposed to branding .. as long as it is discreet and tastefully done. Instead of comprehending the contents of the message some got angry and want to now say that the end user is asking for too much ... Ok it now becomes differences of opinion .. That's fine .. Additionally, the way the company responded is telling. I have no problem if a company wants to stick to their values even if it does not align with the end user but there are ways to do this without damaging the relationship further. The way you responded crossed the line for me as a potential consumer.. Not that you cared at the time but i'm certain you now see how that works.. Edited July 9, 20242 yr by Maxis AMD Ryzen 9800X3D/ Asus ROG Strix B650E F Gaming WiFi / Asrock Taichi 9070XT / 32GB G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200 Pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / Seasonic Vertex 1000w PSU / Lian Li LanCool II Mesh Performance / Asus VG34VQL3A / Topping E70 Velvet DAC & L70 Amp /Sennheiser HD660s2 Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke + TCA Sidestick + TFRP Rudders
July 9, 20242 yr 1 hour ago, simbol said: In broad terms, you are asking a company to remove their branding.. is like asking Pepsi to sell you a Pepsi without the logo, and then get upset because their response doesn't align with your ideas.. my 2 cents, Raul Or...a customer is asking for his money back after finding that the people he purchased a product from had decided to inject an unnecessary and unwanted advertising feature into his experience without making it clear beforehand that they were going to do this. Perhaps there's a lesson to be learnt here for all developers that there is a limit to what paying customers will tolerate. I now know that I won't be purchasing anything from Parallel 42 as it seems obvious my requirements don't align with their individual tastes. I think paying customers do actually have some entitlement; mostly to be told exactly what it is they'll be getting when they part with their money. It's all very well to play the 'entitlement' card but as a potential customer I think in this case and reading the developers replies entitlement is obviously a two way street.
July 9, 20242 yr 2 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said: to inject an unnecessary and unwanted advertising feature It's the darn logo for the product they're using, It's not advertising, it's branding. If it was promoting a completely separate product, than yes it would be advertising. PMDG puts their logo on their ground equipment (and on some textures in the aircraft like pens). Edited July 9, 20242 yr by Tuskin38
July 9, 20242 yr I'm also just in general appaled by this modern idea that you can refund everything. Yes, in a time of where we shop more virtual, than going to look at a product up close in a shop, it is necesarry to give customers the option to say "Don't want it"; That's why that 14 day no reasons needed return policy exists. It works and makes perfect sense for clothing bought on the internet for example. But digital products are something else. Nothing can stop customers from exploiting this policy, I did so myself in the past, with an e-book purchase. Read the whole thing from top to buttom, then refunded it. Is that right? No. But it was possible, so I did it. So I totally get why many companies say: No refunds, when it comes to digital products. And I'd expect everyone to be a little bit more thankful to those companies who still give the option and not pretend like it is some basic customer right they absolutely should have. 9 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said: PMDG puts their logo on their ground equipment (and on some textures in the aircraft like pens). But you can and are allowed to remove them by using different paintjobs. Edited July 9, 20242 yr by Farlis
July 9, 20242 yr 2 minutes ago, Farlis said: But digital products are something else. Nothing can stop customers from exploiting this policy, I did so myself in the past, with an e-book purchase. Read the whole thing from top to buttom, then refunded it. Is that right? No. But it was possible, so I did it. Especially if said digital product has no form of DRM. What's to stop someone from refunding but then keep using the product? I'm surprised GOG has a refund policy since every game sold on there has no DRM. You just lose out on updates and the ability to redownload if you lose it. Edited July 9, 20242 yr by Tuskin38
July 9, 20242 yr I guess one of the reasons why someone buys Flow Pro is to de-clutter the interface. And then they add some clutter themselves. No one needs it, the user without a doubt knows that he/she bought the product. And it's easy to add the possibility to switch it off. Anyway, good to know how they treat customers who complain. I won't ever buy any of their products.
July 9, 20242 yr 1 minute ago, StoneDoor said: And then they add some clutter themselves. No clutter was added. It's only there when the menu is open. It goes away once you're done using it. Edited July 9, 20242 yr by Tuskin38
July 9, 20242 yr This is what's being talked about. Look how small it is, and how fast it disappears after closing the wheel. https://imgur.com/a/KWgdxOn If you're only looking at the wheel you won't even see it. Depending on where you opened it of course, the wheel appears wherever your mouse cursor is. Edited July 9, 20242 yr by Tuskin38
July 9, 20242 yr 54 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said: How is the top right corner a distracting spot? Are you incapable of understanding that everyone is different? It may well be distracting for some, again just because it isn't for you DOESN'T mean it isn't for everyone - understand that please. Pico Neo3 Link VR - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte RX 9070 XT OC 16gb (AMD GPU), 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1 Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.