July 8, 20242 yr Author 1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said: Neon sign? That's some hyperbole if I've ever seen any. Russell GoughKent, UKFarnborough Airshow 2024FlyJSim 732
July 8, 20242 yr 5 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said: That's not neon, it's not even bright. It blends right in. It's small and out of the way of your main view, and only appears when the wheel is open. Simple solution, don't have the wheel open when you're not using it. Edited July 8, 20242 yr by Tuskin38
July 8, 20242 yr 5 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said: It's their product, why shouldn't their logo be on it? And it's not always there, it goes away when the wheel closes. Okay, so you can have their logo keep appearing on your screen. Do you enjoy PDMG products? How about having their logo appear when you fly a Boeing. Every time your 3rd party ATC solution contacts you have their logo appear too. We could go on….
July 8, 20242 yr 3 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said: Do you enjoy PDMG products? How about having their logo appear when you fly a Boeing. Well it is on the pen in the left side pen holder on the 777 (if the livery maker didn't remove/replace it) 3 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said: Every time your 3rd party ATC solution contacts you have their logo appear too. BeyondATC does have their logo on their UI. Doesn't bother me one bit, it's their program. Edited July 8, 20242 yr by Tuskin38
July 8, 20242 yr 3 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said: That's not neon, it's not even bright. It blends right in. It's small and out of the way of your main view. I am just lol.
July 8, 20242 yr 6 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said: You only need to pay $100 to have the logo removed from P3D last I remembered. sp With V6 they removed the watermark from the cheapest version, which is now called Personal License. Edited July 8, 20242 yr by Tuskin38
July 8, 20242 yr Author 2 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said: You only need to pay $100 to have the logo removed from P3D last I remembered. sp Good point. I'm ok with that. Pay to remove. I did not use the FREE version of Flow. I paid 40 bucks straight off to get the 'pro' version. STILL got the logo :( Russell GoughKent, UKFarnborough Airshow 2024FlyJSim 732
July 8, 20242 yr Today a logo, tomorrow the world ! 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, one or two 1440p 32" screens, 64 GB RAM, 4 TB PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, VKB NXT EVO stick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel. Crystal Light VR.
July 8, 20242 yr 9 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said: I am just lol. It's also only there when the wheel is open, which I'm not sure why anyone would have it open all the time.
July 9, 20242 yr Parallel42 are the most arrogant devs out there and there products are bad and get abandoned shortly after release. Never will I buy from them Lukas Dalton
July 9, 20242 yr Was planning to get this but then they had one price for the Fenix pack and changed it on release. Left a bad taste in my mouth. This is just confirmation that i made the correct choice. Some of you do not care about branding of products within the sim. Some very much do .. the dev could have included an option for a clean interface but decided not to do so. No thanks.... AMD Ryzen 9800X3D/ Asus ROG Strix B650E F Gaming WiFi / Asrock Taichi 9070XT / 32GB G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 6000 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200 Pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / Seasonic Vertex 1000w PSU / Lian Li LanCool II Mesh Performance / Asus VG34VQL3A / Topping E70 Velvet DAC & L70 Amp /Sennheiser HD660s2 Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke + TCA Sidestick + TFRP Rudders
July 9, 20242 yr Author 11 minutes ago, Maxis said: the dev could have included an option for a clean interface but decided not to do so. There is not one single screen shot of that logo that I could find on the product pages. Just the wheel. In all its versions. Not bad looking, worth a punt as they say. Except....not one mention of the "Logo" (Tm). IF I get lucky and get a refund, I will definitely post it here as that would be worthy of laudation. A dev who 'gets it'. Credit where credits due and vice versa. Russell GoughKent, UKFarnborough Airshow 2024FlyJSim 732
July 9, 20242 yr Author Woahhh! Well it looks like I WILL get a refund. IF I contact OrbX after they contact them first to umm warn them I'm heading their way...wish I could read THAT email lol. NOT gracious though. They could have easily said..."yeh I see your point, no hard feelings eh", but no, apparently "I'm not a 'good fit" for their software and.. "DON'T COME BACK!": Hi Mr. X, I can see this thread has become quite lengthy and, unfortunately, a bit unproductive for our support team. We understand everyone has their preferences, but we strive to develop our products based on a broader vision that might not always align with individual tastes. Your excuse is in poor form for software that is 100% working as intended and without issue. I ask myself how you deal with having MICROSOFT flight simulator installed, or any of the aircraft you fly... Look, we value every customer, but it seems we're not the right fit for each other at this time. Therefore, I'll personally forward your request to the Orbx team to initiate a refund for you. In order to initiate that from your end, please contact: orbx email withheld The sour taste is mutual, and we ask that you not return as a customer. Thank you for understanding, and we wish you the best in your future endeavors. Best regards, //e I'm tempted to highlight portions of that but nah, it speaks for itself. The bit about NOT returning as customer....I DO own a couple more of theirs...I'd better not mention THEM! Russell GoughKent, UKFarnborough Airshow 2024FlyJSim 732
July 9, 20242 yr 3 hours ago, sloppysmusic said: I thought other Avsimmers might be interested in this situation and how it plays out. thanks very much for reporting this here. hopefully they will re-think their attitude. AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, VR: Pimax Crystal Light + HP Reverb G2 @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler. 60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking. very nice.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.