Sign in to follow this  
StamPilot

Phil Taylor Leaving ACES

Guest grapesh

Phil, have fun at Intel!Wish you all the best in your new endeavor! Bring us a killer GPU soon, so we could finally maxx up all graphics sliders on FSX! :)Cheers, =S.V.=

Phil,Thanks for the awesome work with ACES, your role in FSX, and your generous support to the Flight Sim community!!It would be great to share the same skies with you man, maybe someday we'll met in the virtual skies!Good luck!!

Guest Nick_N

Phil Taylor is a pioneer in 3D technology. He

Phil, Best of luck to you....! Thanks for all you have done...! System Specs:Windows Vista 64bit/FSX Windows Vista 32bitEVGA nForce 680i SLIThermaltake Toughpower 850WC2D E68504GB Corsair Dominator PC2-8500EVGA 8800GTXBose Companion 5 USB speakers150GB Western Digital "Raptor" Running Vista 64bitSeagate Barracuda 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA Vista 32bit

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

Well..I think that would be the end of open conversation with ACES!Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest jshyluk

Or at least it will choke off the barrage of nasty e-mails and messages Phil has received regarding MSFS from irate and uncouth users...However, never say never. I think ACES has learned a lot from the events of the past couple of years. Certainly, though, Phil has been a pillar of support for our community (what a gross understatement!). Hopefully, he will continue to post to AVSIM.Whatever he chooses to do, I would like to join all AVSIM members to wish him all of the best!Jeff ShylukAssistant Managing EditorSenior Staff ReviewerAVSIM

Well that sucks! Phil congratulations on the new job you are taken. and I wish you the best! a lot of the guys here really appreciate all the insight and information that you have given us and the help, over the years. and of course you cant forget the drama lol. hope too still see you around once in awhile and fill us in on whats going on on that side of things.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Guest zzmikezz

Thanks Phil ...As you know my tribute thread can be found in the FSX forum on Another Site.

Congratulations Phil! A great opportunity and the right decision!Please do whatever you can to encourage Larrabee support for FS11. Larrabee will be amazing (can it do real time raytracing? OMG), I'm buying one no questions asked!Will you be able to start a new blog over at Intel? It would be great for the FS community to stay in touch with you and the Larrabee revolution!

Matthew S

Guest NoobPilot

Thanks for all your work Phil, and I have no doubt that FS11 will have extra support for Larrabee! Good luck at your new job!

Thank you, Mr. Taylor.I don't really participate here, or anywhere else, but regularly scanned these forums for your contributions, so I could get even more of the valuable information like that available on your blog - which was basically the REAL fs-insider website. ;-) So thank you for the time you put into the open dialogue.Since you have received so much hostility about them, I would specifically like to thank you for your awesome contributions to the Service Packs 1 and 2. Especially SP1 simply DOUBLED my framerate and is the all-time best Patch/Update/ServicePack/YouNameIt that I have EVER come across for any type of software, including video drivers.I made a 1000-Euro purchasing decision for a new computer mainly based on the info from your blog, and have obtained exactly the kind of performance that I had expected.Good luck at Intel, and again thank you.

Phil,I congratulate you on your opportunity to work with Intel and Larrabee. I have no doubt that Larrabee will be "special", when it comes to FS11. I thank you very much for all the hard work you have done to enhance mine and countless others' FS experiences. Hopefully you will be able to keep in touch from Intel!Best of luck to you,Regards,

Regards,

BoeingGuy

customer.jpg

ASUS P5E X38 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz on 1600 MHz FSB (400x8) | 4 GB DDR2-800 RAM | EVGA GeForce 8800 GT Superclocked @ 679/979 | 320 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 RPM HD

Guest bigean

Phil,what a great adventure to participate in Larabee. Good luck there. Though I don't think it will make it for FS11 (or even 12?), knowing you're in Larabee means it's something worth following the progress.And MANY thanks for all the stuff you explained. There was times when I checked your blogs and preferred forums at least twice a day, because if and when you posted information, it was sometimes like a "thriller" ;) You were able to pre-distribute information without exposing all the details. At least for me non-english-experienced I had a riddle to solve ;)Have fun over there!Bigean