Tuesday at 07:32 PM1 day 57 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:I've been using SU7 daily since it dropped, only thing I've found broken is some of the (payware) ini aircraft.At least the 340-300 now loads in SU7, after the latest flighting update of last week. Learning to fly gliders since 1980AMD Ryzen 5600x, 32GB DDR4, RTX 3060Ti (8GB), GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite AX V2 mobo, 1TB + 500GB nvme m.2 disks
Tuesday at 07:47 PM1 day 25 minutes ago, Piperdriver1093 said:Hows performance compared to 6?It feels the same to me.Apprently there are fixes to help arrival performance after long haul flights.14 minutes ago, jcomm said:At least the 340-300 now loads in SU7, after the latest flighting update of last week.Oh I'll have to try it again, thanks. Edited Tuesday at 07:47 PM1 day by Tuskin38
Tuesday at 08:01 PM1 day NVIDIA has released the GeForce 617.42 WHQL Game Ready Driver, providing official day-one support and optimizations for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2024 Sim Update 7. [1, 2, 3]Driver & Update DetailsDriver Version: GeForce 617.42 WHQL.Sim Update 7 Launch Date: October 13, 2026.DLSS Upgrade: Upgrades DLSS Super Resolution to version 4.5 and introduces Frame Generation enhancements like Dynamic Multi Frame Generation (up to 6X mode).New In-Game Content: Adds the National Championship Air Races, engine updates, and other general performance refinements. [1, 2, 3, 4] We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically. Devons rigIntel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 64GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 5070 Ti GAMING OC 16G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 3 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB / 1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe / 1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5
Tuesday at 09:03 PM1 day 1 hour ago, Piperdriver1093 said:Hows performance compared to 6?Mine's a lot more stuttery. But I want to try the new drivers that came out today | My Liveries | FAA ZMP | PPL ASEL | | Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 64GB 6000 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |
Tuesday at 09:36 PM1 day 7 hours ago, AnkH said:As I use optiscaler to enable 4x frame gen on my 4090 together with DLSS5, I could not care less about this driver release. But that is just me. I am really happy that SU7 already appears next week, because the one fix Umberto is waiting for to implement his multijetway thing is postponed to SU8. The faster those things come out, the better 😁I could use 4x FG. Are there any visual downsides you can speak to with using optiscaler? I've not heard of this but sounds like a good thing, except from what I just read it doesn't like some function of RTSS, and that is what I use. Also, can one use TAA with Optiscaler 4x? Edited Tuesday at 09:48 PM1 day by Noel NoelSystem: 9900X3D Noctua NH-D15 G2, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL 64GB (2 x 32GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Front Edge Sync.Aircraft used in MSFS 2024: Fenix A320, Aerosoft CRJs, I-Fly 737 MAX 8, PMDG 777-200LR, Citation Longitude.
Yesterday at 05:34 AM1 day I honestly dont know Noel. But as Optiscaler simply enables to select 4x FG within the MSFS2024 settings menue, I guess it should work with TAA, yes. I use DLSS Quality and a FPS lock inside the sim (set to 32), along with dynamic settings on set to 30FPS. This gives me steady 128FPS, smaller fluctuations are mostly balanced out by Gsync. To use the overhead at altitude, I also use AutoFPS on top to increase TLOD to 400 while airborne. Happy camper with this setup. Greetings, Chris AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D, 2x32GB DDR5 6000MT/s RAM, MSI RTX 4090 Ventus 3X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS2024
Yesterday at 07:34 AM1 day Since I'm on an RTX 3060 Ti, I still use only TAA and no FG, but I believe that even without messing around with any files I should probably use DLSS at "DLSS Quality" level (?)I am capping the fps both in the Nvidia App Graphics settings of MSFS 2024 and in UserOpt.cfg (FrameLimiter 30), which is WRONG and I will correct by setting FrameLimiter to "0" (unlimited) in UserOpt.cfg and keeping the FPS limit to 30 in Nvidia's App Graphics settings. Edited yesterday at 07:34 AM1 day by jcomm Learning to fly gliders since 1980AMD Ryzen 5600x, 32GB DDR4, RTX 3060Ti (8GB), GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite AX V2 mobo, 1TB + 500GB nvme m.2 disks
Yesterday at 08:18 AM1 day 2 hours ago, AnkH said:But as Optiscaler simply enables to select 4x FG within the MSFS2024 settings menueWhich optiscaler are you using now? Still using DLSS Enabler mod or a newer one like the ones used for DLSS5?41 minutes ago, jcomm said:I will correct by setting FrameLimiter to "0" (unlimited) in UserOpt.cfg and keeping the FPS limit to 30 in Nvidia's App Graphics settings.This is the wrong and inefficient method. You want to limit the frames inside the simulator graphics settings so that you can benefit from the engine's optimizations which will give your CPU more headroom and hence reduce frame times. If you leave the FPS unlimited in the sim and limit them in the nvidia app, it would be similar to your sim engine running at full RPM only for it to be capped by the transmission (nvidia app).One of the best features of MSFS2024 is being able to limit the FPS and to set a dynamic target FPS and to then use FG to achieved the desired target while having AutoFPS optimize everything for you. Private Pilot | Windsor Flying Club | CYQGIntel i5 14400F | Manli RTX 3090 24GB | Kingston DDR4 32GB | MSFS2020&24 | AutoFPS & Nexus Mods DLSS Enabler |
Yesterday at 09:23 AM1 day 1 hour ago, xsever said:Which optiscaler are you using now? Still using DLSS Enabler mod or a newer one like the ones used for DLSS5?This is the wrong and inefficient method. You want to limit the frames inside the simulator graphics settings so that you can benefit from the engine's optimizations which will give your CPU more headroom and hence reduce frame times. If you leave the FPS unlimited in the sim and limit them in the nvidia app, it would be similar to your sim engine running at full RPM only for it to be capped by the transmission (nvidia app).One of the best features of MSFS2024 is being able to limit the FPS and to set a dynamic target FPS and to then use FG to achieved the desired target while having AutoFPS optimize everything for you.thank you @xsever ,but since I can't use FG because I'm on an early 30xx series GPU, but I can still benefit from DLSS super resolution, should I then continue to use the cap to fps in UserOpt.cfg and 30 in Nvidia App MSFS 2024 specific graphics settings ?I ask because I've read that capping in two places isn't good and can create conflicts, so, if I cap fps in MSFS it might be good not to set any FPS cap in Nvidia App right ? Edited yesterday at 09:32 AM1 day by jcomm Learning to fly gliders since 1980AMD Ryzen 5600x, 32GB DDR4, RTX 3060Ti (8GB), GIGABYTE B550 AORUS Elite AX V2 mobo, 1TB + 500GB nvme m.2 disks
Yesterday at 10:04 AM1 day 32 minutes ago, jcomm said:thank you @xsever ,but since I can't use FG because I'm on an early 30xx series GPU, but I can still benefit from DLSS super resolution, should I then continue to use the cap to fps in UserOpt.cfg and 30 in Nvidia App MSFS 2024 specific graphics settings ?I ask because I've read that capping in two places isn't good and can create conflicts, so, if I cap fps in MSFS it might be good not to set any FPS cap in Nvidia App right ?I think that's right. Either cap in-sim or out of sim, but don't apply both frame rate caps.It seems either capping method will work, but on some systems it turns out in-sim capping works better for some users vs the other way around. The best way to determine this is run the locked frame rate in both ways and determine which has less spikes/stutters on your PC.For me, I run the in-sim fps at 30FPS at then use 2x frame gen. Very smooth.Again for you, it might be the other way around where Nvidia locked frames works out better. SpoilerSystem specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttleNow built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus Dual RTX 4070 Super OC 12Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | WD SA510 4Tb |beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator X34P 3440x1440pMark AldridgeMSFS2024 SU6 & P3D v5.3 HF2
Yesterday at 10:23 AM1 day 56 minutes ago, jcomm said:thank you @xsever ,but since I can't use FG because I'm on an early 30xx series GPU, but I can still benefit from DLSS super resolution, should I then continue to use the cap to fps in UserOpt.cfg and 30 in Nvidia App MSFS 2024 specific graphics settings ?I ask because I've read that capping in two places isn't good and can create conflicts, so, if I cap fps in MSFS it might be good not to set any FPS cap in Nvidia App right ?I have a 3090 and all 3000-series cards can benefit from FG built into the sim using the DLSS Enabler mod. It was a game changer for me. Here's what you need to do:Download version 3.8.12 from this link https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/757?tab=files and paste the version.dll file inside the folder where the sim's .exe is located. (later versions are not very stable especially 3.9)Then, run the sim and voila you will have the frame gen setting enabled in the graphics settings. I use this mod for 2X where I lock the sim and dynamic settings at 30 FPS and then the FG ups it to 60 FPS smooth and stable.Try and revert back. Private Pilot | Windsor Flying Club | CYQGIntel i5 14400F | Manli RTX 3090 24GB | Kingston DDR4 32GB | MSFS2020&24 | AutoFPS & Nexus Mods DLSS Enabler |
Yesterday at 10:59 AM1 day 2 hours ago, xsever said:Which optiscaler are you using now? Still using DLSS Enabler mod or a newer one like the ones used for DLSS5?I tried v.0.7.7 due to the video on YT showing how one can easily enable DLSS5 prior super resolution and as such with only minimal performance impact. It somehow did not work alongside DLSS Enabler, so I ditched the Enabler and only use the v.7.7 Optiscaler together with the MFG mod. Like this, I have MFG for my 4090 like I had using DLSS Enabler PLUS the possibility to enable DLSS5 via keycommand if I want, e.g. to take some screenshots. While cruising on FL380 e.g. I usually turn DLSS5 off, the 50-60W higher power consumption is not worth the minimal visual improvements up there ;-) Greetings, Chris AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D, 2x32GB DDR5 6000MT/s RAM, MSI RTX 4090 Ventus 3X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS2024
23 hours ago23 hr 54 minutes ago, AnkH said:Like this, I have MFG for my 4090 like I had using DLSS Enabler PLUS the possibility to enable DLSS5 via keycommand if I wantHow would you compare the quality and performance of the DLSS Enabler versus Optiscaler? Do you prefer one over the other if you did not want DLSS5? Private Pilot | Windsor Flying Club | CYQGIntel i5 14400F | Manli RTX 3090 24GB | Kingston DDR4 32GB | MSFS2020&24 | AutoFPS & Nexus Mods DLSS Enabler |
23 hours ago23 hr DLSS Enabler is based on Optiscaler, no? It is just a stripped down version if I am not wrong. In any case, I do not see any difference. TBH, I also see no real difference between DLSS and FSR. Must be my eyesight ;-) Greetings, Chris AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D, 2x32GB DDR5 6000MT/s RAM, MSI RTX 4090 Ventus 3X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS2024
Create an account or sign in to comment