Sign in to follow this  
DaveCT2003

Serious Question - Upgraded FSX/P3D Maddog MD-80

With good visuals... Yes!

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Yes, as long as it's easy on frame rates, like the Majestic Q400.

yup I would; it only needs a new vc textures and vc model as the systems and overall model are very good already!

Simon

Again, it's a very serious question. I can't entertain ANY questions, just answers to the single question.

If you're going to run a poll then I feel like it's at least owed to us whether you or someone you know actually has decision-making power? I mean, does this poll serve nothing more than to satisfy your own personal curiosity? Are you affiliated with the developer in any way? I don't think it's fair to the community to ask such a cryptic, loaded question and then immediately and preemptively quash the sort of follow-on questions that you know people want to ask.

But yes, I'd pay $60 for a P3Dv3-compat MD80.

If you're going to run a poll then I feel like it's at least owed to us whether you or someone you know actually has decision-making power? I mean, does this poll serve nothing more than to satisfy your own personal curiosity? Are you affiliated with the developer in any way? I don't think it's fair to the community to ask such a cryptic, loaded question and then immediately and preemptively quash the sort of follow-on questions that you know people want to ask.

But yes, I'd pay $60 for a P3Dv3-compat MD80.

Like he said. No current requirement for P3D but FSX would be nice.

if one goes to the maddog website, one will find 6252 forum members today.  even assuming 50% are die-hard fs9 people or double registered and 25% walked away from fs, you still have 2344.5 potential buyers.   doubt there will be anywhere near 2344 "yes" posted here.

looking for market potential here on avsim will likely underestimate the population, no? 

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Since there is not a payware version of the MD-80 for P3Dv2.0+, I would happily pay for it.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Hi Folks,

While I love the MD-80 - I went the Coolsky route and was very happy with my choice - it was a great package - that said - Coolsky seems to be ignoring P3D as well - so put me down for a yes for a new P3D compatible MD-80 - it's one of my favorite commercial planes to fly... I just don't have any interest in modern Boeing or Airbus - - - I am waiting on the DA CRJ though...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7