Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Who is really using FSX ? And who still FS2004?

I don't think FSX stands a chance with me ... my FS9 just keeps getting better! ...seen the new FT SXM?I am sooo happy I did not waste hours and hours trying to tweak FSX and spent the time simply enjoying my wonderful FS9.:)

90% FS910% FSX (but even that's just only to do a short GA circuit)There's nothing wrong with my FSX performance. It runs great. I just don't like it (yet), like many others. But this will no doubt change.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

100% FS9, decided to skip FSX alltogether given the huge investments I made in FS9. I don't want to do it all over in FSX. Besides that, the added value of FSX is not substantial enough to make me switch (at least now)

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I have it installed but never use it. Too occupied with all the goodies I have for FS9!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

It's FS9 all the way for me, in an attempt to prepare for FSX I bought a new computer (Specs below) and I'm not chucking any more money at this hobby.FS9 runs sweetly for me now and like others, I have so many wonderful add-ons for FS9 it's likely to stay.With wonderful scenery like 'Flightzone 02 Portland' providing us with better graphics that anything FSX can offer, why should anyone want the FSX slideshow?P.S. FSX is still on my P.C. but gathering cobwebs. It's an insult.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Now post this same question in the FSX forum and you'll get just as many responses favoring FSX. Then what will you have learned? That FS users who visit the AVSIM Forums use both FS04 and FSX!Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development Team Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/AirSource Member: http://www.air-source.us/FSEconomy Member:http://www.fseconomy.com/

Guest CWR Weather Radar

Hi!Normally i am a commercial jetliner freak but FSX made me VFR flying. The virtual cockpits of FSX are outstanding together with the famous accelleration feelings. Together with the mission system its real fun to rescue the memebers of a exploding oil platform with a heli!To be honest i have a high end system for that and run FSX in the 30fps range.For Airliner flying i still use FS9 because most of the airport sceneries run only at FS9, and on FL350 i do not matter in what detail the ground below me is modelled.For development i am forced to use both.my 2 centsflorian

FS9 still for me.Apart from the issues of getting it to run perfectly without intalling vista, i have too many addons (pay + free) that have taken me at least three centuries to install.I couldnt face starting from scratch again.Peter

Peter Schluter

Good point, Jim, I did in fact ponder that prior to posting here. It's kind of crazy, isn't it?!JS

Peter:My basic feeling too: I simply cannot face doing it all over again for the 6th time in 10 years or however many number of times it actually is. No way. Like many, I've invested many hundreds in fs9 add-ons and there's no way I am going through this rigmarole ever again. If my present PC sysem crashes and burns, end of FS for me forever. If it holds, Fs9 forever!JS

Guest dpc

As stated above, it would be interesting to see your question posted in the FSX forum.I have FSX installed but do not use it. I will have to reinstall it prior to adding the up coming SP1 because I've messed with textures and trees and all that jazz. I'll give it another chance at that time but it will have to be a marked improvement for me. I have a very good single processor system that just doesn't seem to cut the mustard with FSX. This will be the first time I do not do a major upgrade for FS because I just can't justify upgrading a system the runs everything else so well. So, if there is no major improvement, I guess I'll have to miss the boat on this trip.

FS9. I have FSX installed & will update, then probably move to an external drive. FS9 is all I need or want.Bob