Sign in to follow this  
Guest Logan826

LevelD 757 only for FS10

I'm with you, Mike T. But, I'll go a couple points further: I don't believe in ghosts, fairy-tales, urban legends, or that change never happens. ;)It is comforting to see that Level-D Simulations is a company that is regarded by the community as a quality developer. Quality takes time - and the decision to not develop for FS9 any longer - is about quality control, not about making money. It is about concentrating efforts on ONE goal: a quality product at a reasonable price. Why else would Level-D offer the 767 upgrade for FSX for $14.95? Believe me when I say that IF this was about making money, Level-D's principal developers would have developed the 757 for FS9. BUT, how long would that development cycle take? Perhaps as long as it has taken PMDG (a quality developer, with excellent "dudes" working on the MD-11) to deliver the MD-11 for FS9 and FSX?Wade, Laurent or Pedro - the 3 principal developers - are interested in concentrating their efforts on one goal with Level-D products: FSX and beyond. The Level-D Simulations developers - unlike PMDG - do their FS-development-work "part-time", after their "real jobs" are completed.Development of QUALITY takes time. And time is money.So, with that, I am moving on defending the decision of Level-D Simulations. Time to get back to work on building quality products for FSX and beyond.Daryl ShuttleworthLevel-D SimulationsSupport & Documentation

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

All I can say is 'ouch' and 'ouch!' Pragmatic as I am it's 'bad' enough that LDS has dusted fs9 off it's feet, but to send me off to PSS and CS for a 757 alternative just adds insult to 'injury' :) You're not serious are you??As for the happy FSX users, those posts are not particularly instructive. Perhaps those folks are happy with visual compromises that I am not? Call me greedy but I cannot go back to less than smoothly approaching a chock full Mega Frankfurt or London with all the trimmings after 9 hrs, bloom or not.That said, the point is moot, such is life.regards,Markedit - glad to know LDS is planning beyond FSX - personally I will get back to you guys in some sim at some point. :)

Regards,

Mark

I realize you are joking, but I am NOT sending you off to anyone, Mark. Just pointing out that there are 757 paywares available for FS9.Visual compromises? I remember that being said by reluctant FS7 & FS8 users about migrating to FS9...You're right: the moots win.Fly FS9 till your computer grows hair, Mark. ;) Noone is taking FS9 away from you.Daryl ShuttleworthLevel-D SimulationsSupport & Documentation

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

"Believe me when I say that IF this was about making money, Level-D's principal developers would have developed the 757 for FS9"I think (and this is my humble opinion) that those who develop airline simulations for FSX only are only thinking about money and are thereby making a double mistake in that all the serious airline simmers I know fly FS9 and certainly as far as Level D is concerned would pay without thinking for a Level D 757. "Time to get back to work on building quality products for FSX and beyond"And beyond!!!? most of us realise the backward compatibility of FSX/FS9 was hogwash. So we are hoping for a completely new sim for FS11. So there will be no beyond for a FSX 757 you will have to make a new one from scratch.

Aside from the LDS757 argument, FSX will go down as the sim that never was. Francois Dumas's poll which showed 2/3 of users are still using FS9 after 1.5 years of FSX being out tells it all. Bryan may have a 50-50 market for his stuff but the overall market is likely weighed in FS9's favor. Aces studios is done with the SP's for FSX. The people that were on the fence and waiting to see how the SP's flushed out have either setiched now or stayed with FS9. I dont see FSX gaining much more numbers other than from first time users who dont have a clue what they are getting into. I forsee peronally a 2/3 FS9, 1/3 FSX market until FS11 arrives. Aces by that time will hopefully have done a complete re-write and say to #### with back-compat thus allowing all of us to be FS11 users.

Eric 

Bingo!Okay so lets assume that a computer will exist that will run FSX fill tilt in a year, fine, we'll all migrate to FSX. BUT, 6 months after that, FS11 will be on final approach.So that begs the question: Why in God's green earth would I spend any money adding to FSX with FS11 arriving by the time I can finally run FSX? Let's be realistic, and this has nothing to do with LDS since they did not cause this debacle, but the fastest (read most expensive) computer components available today are totally incapable of running FSX without compromises and performace issues. If I spend $6000 right now I STILL cannot run FSX with the same visual details and smoothness that I get in FS9. So great, maybe 6-12 from months one will arrive, but there is no way that I will spend another $1000 on that hardware to get FSX running in all its glory with FS11 following closely behind, and THEN spend hundreds of dollars in add-ons on FSX additionally with no gurantees that I won't have to spend it all again if FS11 is not backward compatible?Look, FS2000 was an absolute mess and the fix for that was FS2002. FS2004 improved on FS2002 and about a year after release there was plenty of hardware that could run FS2004 with full sliders at a respectable rate giving a 2 year buffer before FSX. 1.5 years after the release (half way through its life) of FSX 2/3 of the community are not even using it. And then FS11 is 1.5 years away? The fix and savior for FSX will probably be FS11 mimicing FS2000.Of course Microsoft could choose to put FS11 off for 2.5 years and keep FSX in play at which point FSX will probably be the sim of choice by the end of 2009 and FSX developers can finally start making some serious money...but I really don't think that will happen.Regards,Mike T.

"Of course Microsoft could choose to put FS11 off for 2.5 years and keep FSX in play-----"----------- Mike- After reading this whole thread, I'm more confused than ever. What I do know for sure, is that I won't bet AGAINST somebody who thinks FSXI will be released in 2008!AR

Good point Eric,that Daryl statement makes me remember people trying to defend Windows ME years ago :-)Rgds,Hamilton

Hamilton Müller

To bad. I would of purchased a Level D 757 too.I tried FSX but even after a upgrade FS9 runs better on my machine. And even if I could get FSX working good on my machine I doubt very much that I would switch. I have so many good things for FS9 (add on airports, planes, and mesh) that going to FSX would be taking step backwards.

I have FSX but I reverted back to FS9 - partly because of performance but I really missed all of the great scenery for FS9. I don't see FSX ever having the number of addons that FS9 has. I can't even remember the last time I heard any new on a new Flightscenery or Fly Tamps project.Scenery aside, I am not in to the complex airliners mainly because I like to just around from plane to plane and fly in different parts of the world. As a result, I don't spend enough time with them to lean all of the systems. The one I was waiting for was the LDS 757. The 757 is my favorite aircraft. Unfortunately, I will have to stick with freeware on this one because I am not investing any money in to FSX.I already bought enough add ons that run like a slideshows, I don't need anymore. It's not the add ons fault, it's FSX's fault.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Dave (on the Riviera),Sorry I shocked you. The copy/paste was the method I used to capture the 'news' I saw, unedited (or could've linked). I wasn't aware the topic was 'beaten to death' here or anywhere else. Please excuse my ignorance (and my moral transgression). --------As for the decision to bypass FS9 version of the 757, it was just too bad. But it's their decision and I wish the talented developers good luck and I hope to catch up with them again on FS11-SP3. PatAMD Opteron DC 185 @ 3GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 2GB DDR, 7800GS-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, RaptorHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke+TQ+peds, Eclipse RED KB, WinXP-sp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Remember when looking at the FS9/FSX user mumber comparison we are talking about virtual pilots who like to fly airliners.Not GA, Military or Heli jockeys etc, we know they prefer FSX and are a large number of the FS community.If one is talking about Airliners I would guess the figures would be FS9 99% FSX 1% :-hahAlso I would like to stress that although FSX is out.. FS9 is not standing still. It still gets better every day...look at the latest release...the PT TU-154. It uses the latest design technology...XML for models animations, Smooth 3D gauges in the VC, uber complex systems...and Freeware! :-eek...and what with some great airports on the horizon it strikes me that FSX is being left behind! :-lol