Sign in to follow this  
vscimone

What Msfs Version Are You Using Now

FS9 or FSX  

1,131 members have voted

1. 1. What MSFS Version do you use for airline addons made for both platforms?

• FS9 exclusively for airline addons
    • FSX exclusively for airline addons
    • Both FS9 and FSX for airline addons
    • I don't fly airlines in MSFS
  2. 2. What MSFS Version do you use for light aircraft addons made for both platforms?

• FS9 exclusively for light aircraft addons
    • FSX exclusively for light aircraft addons
    • Both FS9 and FSX for light aircraft addons
    • I don't fly light aircraft in MSFS

---------Does this poll ultimately mean more split platform projects beyond NGX? Or will PMDG simply drop fs9 for the sake of pure progress (a la LDS)? Either way I certainly understand.Mark Reynolds
------------Mark- this poll (albeit very informally) shows that 60+% or substantially better than 2:1 of airline simmers, still use FS9. I read that as suggesting that developers might be better off to abandon FSX !! Or at least to release first for FS9, and only then if they have spare time, convert a version for FSX! With MS having now abandoned BOTH Flight Simulator versions, there is NO preferred future development path. The only question from now on is- which will sell more copies of an add/on.Alex Reid

Now that PMDG received feedback from its clients as to what platform they mostly use, would it be possible to know whether those percentages were translated in the same proportion in MD11 sales, in other words, 61% sold in FS9 version and 39% in FSX, this would be interesting indeed? (I acknowledge that not all respondents will have bought the MD11, the survey is free...)Thank you!Jean-Claude
Look at the file library, and compare repaints. There are more (recent) FS9 repaints than FSX repaints. RECENT FS9 repaints tend to have more downloads compared to FSX versions.Compare pmdg_md11f_fdx_n589fe.zip (199 downloads) with pmdg_md11f_fdx_n589fe_fs9_(2).zip (494 downloads) .......

FSX all the way for me. I have a good machine that runs FSX very well. Sliders not all the way max'd, but definitely very good looking. I have installed FS9 back on this computer a few times and it runs amazing. While FSX doesnt run "as" good as FS9 on my machine, I am going to stick with FSX.

Guest CX355

Will switch to FSX when someone is willing to buy all my FS9 add-ons, probably 600.00USD or more and my current system, 2000.00USD. I for one think MS should take a break in FS, this was silly, putting out FSX so close to FS9 when their really was not much difference, at least to me. Just more money for all of us to spend........Same with XP vs. Vista...I will never go Vista..sorry all you FSX and Vista fans. hercules

Will switch to FSX when someone is willing to buy all my FS9 add-ons, probably 600.00USD or more and my current system, 2000.00USD. I for one think MS should take a break in FS, this was silly, putting out FSX so close to FS9 when their really was not much difference, at least to me. Just more money for all of us to spend........Same with XP vs. Vista...I will never go Vista..sorry all you FSX and Vista fans. hercules
Did you use FS2002 before you used FS2004? Did you have any addons and did you manage to 'sell' them? And how much did you get for the system your $2,000 USD 'current' system replaced? On the other hand, you didn't say how much you wanted for that old stuff. Let's see, 5 year old sim with addon's and machine to run it on? I might offer $200 (if you pay shipping).

FSX all the way for me.Why? because the scenery and graphic is vast improvement over fs9.I want my flying experience to be as realistic as possible and FSX does the job.I have an i7 rig, 920 @ 3.8ghz. Most sliders high on FSX and constant over 20fps on dense airport. Love my PMDG 747 flying on Heath row without and lag,blurriness, etc. So FSX being laggy for me? Not an issue.-Vincent

I use FSX almost all the time, the only reason I use FS9 is for the 737NG.I'm using FSX with REX, and it looks absolutely stunning. Meanwhile, I cringe everytime I look out my 737-800's windows.

Exclusively FS X. I have a pretty mediocre computer, it was top of the line 3.5 years ago, but it still runs FS X reasonably well today. I don't have any of the aforementioned OOM errors or anything else similar.I'm due for a new computer soon so I'll likely have one that will run FSX near maxed out.

FS9 for everything. I mess around with FSX; it runs reasonably well on my mid-upper performance laptop computer. FSX just offers too low of performance levels for me to use it for any high-realism airline/GA simulator add-ons. I take the flying seriously, being a current real-world pilot, and FSX doesn't provide the performance for me. I wish it did, but at the same time, I have many add-ons for FS9 and would hate to not use them anymore, even though many of them are dual platform FS9/FSX aircraft add-ons.

FSX is the only way to go for me. Together with so many add-ons I have purchased, it works great. And I never get below 30FPS. Love it.

Marius Petrascu

FSX for me baby. I do beleive they both can exist together without everyone getting bent out of shape :)

I use nothing but FS9.. It works great and I don't have a good enough computer to run FSX.Chris Porter

Guest CX355

FS9 all the way......toooooo much invested w/ FS9 and very sure FSX does not warrent the money to move to that plateform. The poll results so far do not suprise me. I would be interested in the thoughts of those running Vista as opposed to XP. My son's computer runs Vista and mine XP, I still like XP better. I wonder how Windows 7 will perform. Vincent