Sign in to follow this  
vscimone

What Msfs Version Are You Using Now

FS9 or FSX  

1,131 members have voted

1. 1. What MSFS Version do you use for airline addons made for both platforms?

• FS9 exclusively for airline addons
    • FSX exclusively for airline addons
    • Both FS9 and FSX for airline addons
    • I don't fly airlines in MSFS
  2. 2. What MSFS Version do you use for light aircraft addons made for both platforms?

• FS9 exclusively for light aircraft addons
    • FSX exclusively for light aircraft addons
    • Both FS9 and FSX for light aircraft addons
    • I don't fly light aircraft in MSFS

I posted FSX on both questions. I have FSX FS9 FS2002 and used to have FS98 and I used them very very very very rarely. I use FSX very often and I have all the PMDG addons and the level d 767. I wonder if this poll was to decide if Dash 8 is for FSX and FS9?Taylor Oldham

I wonder if this poll was to decide if Dash 8 is for FSX and FS9?
Considering that the Dash will be FSX only and FSX is down by 20% for airliners in this poll, I'm going to go with: "No"They used actual sales figures, and apparently the JS41 sold quite well.

Joe Sherrill

I fly FS9 for airlines only and GA in both.
This poll is realy an old one! Why bring up one starting 2008 to springtime 2009?Would be nice though if PMDG could start a new one, reflecting todays use of FS./ Leffe

This poll is realy an old one! Why bring up one starting 2008 to springtime 2009?Would be nice though if PMDG could start a new one, reflecting todays use of FS./ Leffe
Why? Its only a poll. People who are interested or motivated will get involved, those who aren't, wont. And given that all new PMDG products will be available for FSX, most FSX users just don't care if there are also FS9 versions and so wont be interested in such a poll, while most FS9 users, not sure if the products will be produced for their preferred platform, will be motivated to make FS9 appear to be well represented. This is the sort of natural bias that all polls inherently have.PMDG will make their financial business decisions based on their own sales figures, not on internet polls.

Hi,i fly the FS9 only. I have a big system (i7 920 @ 3.5ghz, ASUS P6T, 12gb 1666mhz ram, EVGA GTX260, 1000w power supply and 1.5 TB space) but the FSX (with some addons) is at about 15-20 fps at all... that sucks. Unflyable for me. :( I think the FS9 is much better then the FSX because, it is very framefrindly also with REX and PMDG

I only have FSX installed. I wouldn't even consider using any older versions of MSFS.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I only have FSX installed. I wouldn't even consider using any older versions of MSFS.
FSX exclusively for me, too. :( Like many people I had a lot of investment in fs9 products, but the world doesn't stand still. FSX may not be the future, but it sure is the present.

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

FSX for both. I do have FS9, but have most scenery addons for FSX (a world without FTX isn't a world :-))

Well that

Captains,This is just an informal poll to get a better idea of what simulator version our customers are currently using. Your participation is welcome and appreciated! :( Best,VinPMDG
When I upgraded the computer, I upgraded to FSX exclusively. 9 has its high points, but I uninstalled it because I was never using it. X isn't perfect, but I don't see any reason to avoid it vis-a-vis the problems 9 has as well. I toyed with reinstalling it to play with the AirSimmer Airbus, but from what I've read its really buggy, so I'll stick to my FSX and decent add-ons. I'm actually surprised at the fact that FS9 appears to be "winning" here in terms of exclusive use. I know there are the hard core 9 users, but I didn't think it was a plurality. I'm not sure us forum users are a scientific sample of all simmers.

I'm going to be staying with FS9 for the foreseeable future. I have neither the money nor the time to invest in upgrading my computer just to run FSX. Even if I did, the spending wouldn't stop there, because then i'd have to pay for all my add-ons again to make them work. FS9 still works extremely well as a simulator and it looks pretty darn sweet now that REX 2004 is out!

Greg Wills

sfo_a320.png

EASA Commercial Pilot License | Multi Engine / Instrument Rating | Flight Instructor | ATPL Theoretical Knowledge Instructor

---------------- I'm actually surprised at the fact that FS9 appears to be "winning" here in terms of exclusive use. I know there are the hard core 9 users, but I didn't think it was a plurality. I'm not sure us forum users are a scientific sample of all simmers.
Doug- I'm surprised also. The latest AVSIM numbers for 'Primary Simulator', show FS9 slightly increasing its lead.As of Oct 5 09- FS9 1269 replies or 50.5%FSX 1180 replies or 47.0As of Jan 7 10-FS9 1330 replies or 50.6%FSX 1233 replies or 46.9%This poll allows only a one-time vote so it doesn't reflect subsequent changes in primary sim (9 to X or X to 9). The changes shown here are from new simmers or those who hadn't previously voted. It may not be a scientific poll, but 2563 simmers replying is worth noting. AVSIM would need to reset/restart this poll to correctly reflect the simmers who voted earlier but have since changed their primary sim.Alex Reid

FS9 for big stuff - big and complex planes and big airportsFSX for light ( piston prop ) stuff but only to use photo scenery with resolution higher than 4.8 m/pix I just bought new i5 / 4 gb / gtx 260 rig mainly for FSX and after 2 weeks of tweaking I'm only happy with light planes and photosceneries. Complex airliner/turboprop and big custom airport is no-no for me as I expect solid 30 fps and nothing less. It's incredible how FSX can eat up resources without giving too much in return. but...FS9 performance is sweet thanks to intel's turbo mode on i5. I never enjoyed FS9 so much as I do it now. I can throw anything at it and it will keep going...

FS9 all the way although I do have FSX installed too. For me it's just a matter of being able to to enjoy all the gorgeous add-ons I've purchased for FS9. Many of them are now also available for FSX but it would cost too much to have them in FSX too. Also I don't like the performance I get in FSX although I have an i7 920 running at 3,8GHz, 6 GB ram, Asus 5870 gfx-card and using Windows 7 64 bit. Admittedly I haven't done any kind of tweaking yet, just experimented with the different settings within the simulator.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Recently switched back to FS9.... not only have i invested so much into FS9, but now that REX is out for it, why switch?FS9 from now on... I agree with Maxim, my system is pretty fast, but still prefer FS9.