Sign in to follow this  
trisager

Feelthere ERJ mini-review

I've noticed this issue as well.
Here's how to fix that:In the kbd.ini file located at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\FeelThere\Erj\kbd.ini the last line says,fms_kbd=3,75 This equates to CNTR-SHFT-KChange it to read fms_kbd=0,0.I did this in my FSX set up and it allows my Co-Pilot to have the comms and doesn't seem to change the FMS at all. The section of the manualdiscussing this is on Page 5 and reads, "FMS keyboard modeYour computer keyboard can be made to operate the FMS by clicking the top left screw on theCDU, or by using the keystroke <CTRL>+<SHIFT>+<K>. This being done you can directlytype into the FMS using your computer keyboard."Since I use my mouse to type into the FMS, I don't need this function and fms_kbd=0,0 is ok.Hope that helps.Steve Lewis

Here's how to fix that:In the kbd.ini file located at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\FeelThere\Erj\kbd.ini the last line says,fms_kbd=3,75 This equates to CNTR-SHFT-KChange it to read fms_kbd=0,0.I did this in my FSX set up and it allows my Co-Pilot to have the comms and doesn't seem to change the FMS at all. The section of the manualdiscussing this is on Page 5 and reads, "FMS keyboard modeYour computer keyboard can be made to operate the FMS by clicking the top left screw on theCDU, or by using the keystroke <CTRL>+<SHIFT>+<K>. This being done you can directlytype into the FMS using your computer keyboard."Since I use my mouse to type into the FMS, I don't need this function and fms_kbd=0,0 is ok.Hope that helps.Steve Lewis
Thank you sir for that tip. Much appreciated.

- Aaron

Alternatively, you can just change the Radar Contact keyboard shortcuts so that something like Ctrl-C hands control to your co-pilot. I did that sometime ago because of a similar clash. It also means that you don't have to deploy three fingers like some virtuoso pianist.

Petraeus

Guest mlg33

One thing really annoying is the fact that the "Heading" knob cannot be pushed in order to synchronize present heading and selected heading... You have to turn it to the right or to the left and it takes too long sometimes...Same with the "course selector knob".Anyone found a trick ?

One thing really annoying is the fact that the "Heading" knob cannot be pushed in order to synchronize present heading and selected heading... You have to turn it to the right or to the left and it takes too long sometimes...Same with the "course selector knob".Anyone found a trick ?
It works fine for me with my Microsoft IntelliMouse with their latest mouse driver and software, you just need to make sure that the mouse wheel click function is indeed set to 'middle click' in the driver settings.

Cheers, Andy.

Guest mlg33
It works fine for me with my Microsoft IntelliMouse with their latest mouse driver and software, you just need to make sure that the mouse wheel click function is indeed set to 'middle click' in the driver settings.
Ohh... I'll try that asap.Thanks. :)

Guest Hardwater

I think what you may be refering too is that if you left mouse click the hdg and alt and so on knobs turn in incremements of single digits but if you right click it, it will incriment in 10s, 100, and 1000s for alt spd or hdg. Kinda like input acceleration.

Ohh... I'll try that asap.Thanks. :)

No I answered what he was refering too, which is you are supposed to be able to set the heading bug to your current heading by using the middle mouse button (mouse wheel click) on the heading dial in the EMB. If you have software installed by Logitec or Microsoft with either Vista or Windows 7 then the default middle mouse function is set to something completely different, something that makes FSX completely ignore the existence of the middle mouse button.

Cheers, Andy.

No I answered what he was refering too, which is you are supposed to be able to set the heading bug to your current heading by using the middle mouse button (mouse wheel click) on the heading dial in the EMB. If you have software installed by Logitec or Microsoft with either Vista or Windows 7 then the default middle mouse function is set to something completely different, something that makes FSX completely ignore the existence of the middle mouse button.
My Logitech USB wheel mouse and "Vista-32/bit" work fine ... pushing the center mouse button will set the heading bug to my current heading (FS9).

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

The scroll wheel on my Logitech mouse in Win 7 syncs the heading bug when pressed.

My Logitech USB wheel mouse and "Vista-32/bit" work fine ... pushing the center mouse button will set the heading bug to my current heading (FS9).
My Logitech USB wheel mouse and "Vista-32/bit" work fine ... pushing the center mouse button will set the heading bug to my current heading (FS9).Edit: It also works in FSX windowed and VC views, FS9 windowed and VC. CRS and HDG knobs center up when mouse is center clicked.I wonder if USB mice (without a cord) going to the mouse itself Laser Mouse (transmitter/receiver stations) work ok or are the ones causing a problem?

Best Regards,

Guest mlg33

That "center mouse wheel" button worked !Thanks again, I forgot to read the manual it seems... :(One question though : I am encountering major "stutters" with this ERJv2 !!! Am I the only one ?The screen sometime freezes for one or two seconds (even the sound stops) !This is the first time I encounter such freezes. Never happened before that's why I'm asking !I even had to reboot once...Do you have the same problems using it ?Thank you.

What View are you in ... 2D windowed or ??You have other complex aircraft (CitationX) and no major stutters but ERJ has stutters?Maybe better to post this problem on the feelthere forum.

Best Regards,

I am encountering major "stutters" with this ERJv2 !!! Am I the only one ?
no reports of stutters. only one user states they have poor performance ... win7 system ... but other with same OS and slower processors have no problems.
The screen sometime freezes for one or two seconds (even the sound stops) !
this reads like an anti-virus scanning issue.support forum -http://forum.iemit.com (as stated in manual, page 79)--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

The new ERJ looks pretty good, but it looks like there are no windshield glass reflections (the windshield glass when you look at the model form the outside). Can somebody confirm?That is huge pet peeve of mine, always has been regarding aircraft for FS (I'm into the visuals as well as the simulation). The V2 looks to be a nice add-on though.I wish Feelthere would just do the glass like on the ERJ v1. It looks a lot more realistic than having the pilots just sit out in the open. If the effects aren't present, is there a way to add them via a texture edit with the alpha channel?Thanks

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3