Sign in to follow this  
trisager

Feelthere ERJ mini-review

Guest 413X3

if that is his attitude then I won't be buying another feelthere product. night lighting like that is completely unacceptable for an FSX product, and how anyone can think a yoke that covers the gauges is realistic in the VC is beyond me. Looks like I will stick with quality developers like PMDG, Eaglesoft, Level-D. Carenado has that same attitude about vc lighting and I stopped buying their planes

if that is his attitude then I won't be buying another feelthere product. night lighting like that is completely unacceptable for an FSX product, and how anyone can think a yoke that covers the gauges is realistic in the VC is beyond me. Looks like I will stick with quality developers like PMDG, Eaglesoft, Level-D. Carenado has that same attitude about vc lighting and I stopped buying their planes
HelloI get the impression that you would not have bought it anyway, Pity because it is easily the best regional jet with VC in FS9 or FSXThe developer just feels that they have made the correct design decisions.The FS9 nightlighting is good, I don't know what went wrong with the yellow panel in the FSX version but hopefully it will get changed (if enough folk let them know)The yoke is ok if you use trackIR, I would rather it could be lowered but it is not a show stopper.

Please post in the feelthere forums if you would like to see the yoke lowered or removed with a mouse clickThe more requests they get about this and the Nightlighting the better chance that Vic may listen.At he moment he thinks it is just my "taste" as he puts it.Am I fighting a lone battle ?
Study thesehttp://forum.iemit.com/http://www.iemit.com/forum/and look for the correlation between in-forum user requests (not bug fixes, but feature requests) and actual product changes. I think you'll have better insight into Vic's response once you've done that.FeelThere has VAST potential; they have always delivered interesting products way ahead of their competitors and, in this sense, they are prolific. However, there always seem to be little niggles and gotchas that just persist in their products. I will remain hopeful regarding the future of ERJ V2, but I think your response from the developer should give you the pause that it has. Often, you'll feel like you are shouting at the wind over at those forums; other times, you will get genuine good service. I think mileage varies considerably with feelThere in terms of product satisfaction and perceived service.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Guest 413X3
HelloI get the impression that you would not have bought it anyway, Pity because it is easily the best regional jet with VC in FS9 or FSXThe developer just feels that they have made the correct design decisions.The FS9 nightlighting is good, I don't know what went wrong with the yellow panel in the FSX version but hopefully it will get changed (if enough folk let them know)The yoke is ok if you use trackIR, I would rather it could be lowered but it is not a show stopper.
I would certainly have purchased I purchase quality payware airplanes. I have the feelthere 737 which doesn't have that night lighting issue

Guest 413X3

I usually end up only having time to fly later in the day or at night, so a very bright VC that kills my night vision in the game just ruins the experience for me.

I think its a great plane, fun to fly, very good systems, interesting FADEC, VC is five star, 2d nice too, what can i say Finally Wilco launched a good product.

Guest Hardwater

I just bought this and I am in love with it. With the J41 and this plane and the level d 757 comin and the PMDG 747 I would say that I'm in Sim heaven and my sim life is complete. Now if I could just get a DTW add on for FSX.

hypo:thanks for the kind words ... but, the ERJ v2 is not a wilco product. the ERJ v2 is 100% feelThere's.wilco happens to be a distributer.--

Is there a SP1 on its way ?
HelloYes SP1 is being worked on, but in truth there are no showstoppers in the ERJ as it standsVery solid release, Feelthere did well

Guest 413X3

now can they please release a redone C208 and Super Cargomaster for FSX

now can they please release a redone C208 and Super Cargomaster for FSX
HelloNot till they have lowered my yokes in the ERJ I hope :-)I think they should stick to the Embraers, they have this corner of the market to themselves and they are very good at it.One of these would be nicePhenom 300

My vote is for McPhat liveries for the 145XR -- say Continental Express and Expressjet. I don't fly in VC so the yoke is no bother to me at all. Love this plane. It's the best so far imho.

BTW feelThere, 16:9 and 16:10 monitors are prevalent and CHEAP. Please consider rolling some of your profits into improvements in your tools. I get the sense that you are running on machines you bought when you started up as a dev shop and have never updated since (i.e. 4:3 ratio monitors, 32-bit-only OSes, etc.)
Yes, the same strong feeling that I've got and this is just ridiculous.Dirk.

Bought it yesterday and have 2 flights so far. Major improvement over the initial FT ERJ. The only problem I have is that I can't seem to get my copilot in Radar Contact to handle the comms........ :( The installed copilot calls out the checklists, etc. but using it I lose the RC copilot. Anyone know how to reconfigure it so I can? It's a little hard hitting CNTR-SHFT-1 all the time...... :( Steve Lewis
I've noticed this issue as well.

- Aaron