Sign in to follow this  
Opa

Football & FS Forums

Just a brief obvservation --I surmise that many simmers must also be football fans as I cannot help but notice how little "action" takes place in the forums here (and at other sites I frequent) on Saturday afternoons (College Football) and on Sunday afternoon (Pro Football) and again on Monday night (Pro Football).At least I observe very little "traffic" during those times by users from the USA.I wonder if sites track forum useage by the day and hour and if so, if they observe the same thing.Food for thought in any case. :(

hmmm...Nice try to interject some light heartedness into the fourm. Lots of heavy stuff,lately. I guess it was a no go. I don't watch football, myself. Thanks for trying, Opa. Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

hmmm...Nice try to interject some light heartedness into the fourm. Lots of heavy stuff,lately. I guess it was a no go. I don't watch football, myself. Thanks for trying, Opa. Bob
We all tend to take ourselves and this hobby/addiction too seriously sometimes I think.I guess I was really trying to determine if any of us who are addicted to FS have any sort of "other life" --- nah, not a chance......... :(

Coming from New Zealand Im into rugby rather than football, however our little country has just had a metamorphosis as the New Zealand All Whites beat Bahrain 1-0 in Wellington last weekend to qualify for the World Cup in South Africa 2010. So there might be a few soccer converts over the next few months. It will certainlly make it harder to be on the sim when there is so much rugby and football to watch. I just hope this doesn't happen........its been a two and half hour red eye flight across the Tasman.... decent clearance delayed by ATC... spent the last 15 minutes defying the laws of physics trying to loose altitude and airspeed simultaneously...the constant rumble of the speed boards coupled with turbulence haven't made for a pleasant ride down the back...turning onto finals for the ILS on RWY 23 at Auckland...damn I still need to lose some speed...vis is down to 2 nm and the clouds are on the deck....configure the aircraft for landing...ATC chatter incessant..can't acknowledge my landing clearance....did I just see a strobe out to my left...nah must have been lightening....landing checks complete...the guy in front of me has just called missed approach...I'm going down to minimas on this one...."Terry...the rugby justs starting"......you'll miss the kick off if you don't come now!" :(

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

Somewhere along my long twisted road to anything that resembles maturity I seem to have lost interest in football except for a rare OSU or Purdue game. Thanks for the enlightenment, now I know why I'm staring at the monitor as if in a daze on the weekends. I will be departing for EHAM as soon as I load AiSmooth, ActiveSky and FS9 however I think my PNF is going to bed, does that mean I have a life?Cheers Opa,Mel

Somewhere along my long twisted road to anything that resembles maturity I seem to have lost interest in football except for a rare OSU or Purdue game. Thanks for the enlightenment, now I know why I'm staring at the monitor as if in a daze on the weekends. I will be departing for EHAM as soon as I load AiSmooth, ActiveSky and FS9 however I think my PNF is going to bed, does that mean I have a life?Cheers Opa,Mel
I will have to run your "situation" by Dr. Phil or some other guru to be sure. :(

I play basketball with my buds on saturdays and also do my homework, then sunday is homework time as well and I also watch football. Our team isn't doing so well (Redskins). We have 3 wins and 7 loses now, after we lost to the cowboys today :(

I will have to run your "situation" by Dr. Phil or some other guru to be sure. :(
Dr. Phil paid me a visit and here are the results: He determined that I am by far the most hopeless case that he has ever come across. He was however intrigued by the fact that my son is also a avid FS user and posed the thought that it may be hereditary, so he has requested that he be allowed to take the grandson away from the FS environment for close observation and testing to watch for the onset of early FS symptoms such as upgrading, tweaking, and reinstalling, which are precursors to more extreme behaviors such as placing a windsock on the neighbors roof. Dr. Phil said,"this may boost my career some but I don't think it's worth it, it's just to depressing to deal with." He was crying when he left and over his shoulder he said, "I'd rather be doing movie cameos, maybe another scary movie!" Cheers, :( Mel

Aren't the world cup draws tomorrow? :( I would not want to miss all the disappointment and rage. :( "England could draw a group of death".Already newspaper headlines are starting to whine.He he. :(

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Aren't the world cup draws tomorrow? :( I would not want to miss all the disappointment and rage. :( "England could draw a group of death".Already newspaper headlines are starting to whine.He he. :(
Thanks for the heads up mate. It doesn't matter what the draw for New Zealand is, it will be a drawer of death. I just hope we don't drawer Brasil first off llike we did 20 or so years ago when we last got to this position. B)

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

We all tend to take ourselves and this hobby/addiction too seriously sometimes I think.I guess I was really trying to determine if any of us who are addicted to FS have any sort of "other life" --- nah, not a chance......... :(
Opa- It's my understanding that "simming" is a sometimes component of DNA- part of the strands of the double helix of life! It is in our Genes!Hence those of us who have that gene, are helpless to control our urges to power up FS regardless of other enticements.(At least that's what I've been telling her for fifteen years!)Alex Reid

Dragged a laptop into the family room during Texas/Nebraska (I figure reading/posting on this game I haven't missed too much offensive action -- not like Pitt/Cincy!).Go Badgers beat Warriors (why am I here reading avsim when I live 10 miles from Aloha Stadium? That's a question for another day I guess.) edit: well, I guess Nebraska was 1 sec from upsetting the apple cart, but that's life in the big city. scott s..

I am outside the USA so not so much a football fan. I am a Soccer fan, which is 'Football' (depending on what side of the pond you are on). I like Arsenal and now the Toronto FC now that they finally got a team here.

Matthew Kane

I bought a UK atlas to fly around England following Derby Country Rams FC virtually.Until they got relegated!Maybe somebody ought to relegate Saint Louis! :(

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.