Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Some Dirt on the PMDG 737 NGX

Guest yankeesji
I am starting to feel like
(SKIP TO 3:25) if the NGX doesn't come out soon.
Good god...How did you make it to 3:25?

i have a few question about the general "look" of the cockpit:1) will there be the option to change the backgroundcolor of the the cockpit, like in the JS4100?2) will there be a loadmanager and a tool for fuelcalculation?3) is the NGX is designed in a way that the rain/ice effects on the cockpit windows can be enabled/disabled?4) are the "upper windows" in the cockpit there, or not?5) can the windows in the vc be opened?with which other add-on can the NGX be compared looking on the framerate? maybe the CS757, or the more the CS767, or even the CS727? (of cause i know that the deevelopment isn't finished yet, and that things can change, but i more or less hope that someone can answer this question)thanks for your answerregardsEmanuel
1. To what exactly? All NG cockpits are the gray interior color in real life. The reason that option is there on the J41 is because they were actually made with the two different colors in real life.2. Of course.3. No decision has been made on this yet, I personally don't think we should even include it, you can not see individual raindrops hitting the window of a fast moving jet - that's an unrealistic thing that FS has taught people is there - it's not there in real life except for in slower moving aircraft.4. Eyebrow windows are selectable, yes.5. Yes.
oh man... i'll be disappointed if fingerprint marks arn't on the LCD's - will the VSD be fully functional i.e. en-route swath, decision gates and so on?
Don't worry, it's there and it's actually dynamic based on the angle you're viewing the screen at relative to the outside light. tongue.gif

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Danielderp

Optional eyebrows? YES!!!!!! WHOO HOO!I turned water OFF (yes it looks like crap but.....) it FIRED my frames up to 50FPS!!! i am gonna keep moving my settings around til i think i can run the NGX. When i get my Master system i hope fully will be able to turn it up ;)I am getting a AMD Athlon 3.4 Ghz 2mb L2 6 mb L3 CPU and 4 GB of DDR3 1600 RAM and Windows 7 Professional.I cant wait :)

At the end of the day, the new 737 NGX seems to be another step beyond in flight simulation ... look forward to have more info - and pictures - about the "gear" ... and hope it will be released soon ...AndreaPS. I would have preferred a "clean" cockpit ...

3. No decision has been made on this yet, I personally don't think we should even include it, you can not see individual raindrops hitting the window of a fast moving jet - that's an unrealistic thing that FS has taught people is there - it's not there in real life except for in slower moving aircraft.
Ryan, I hope you guys do include the rain because you can see it when your landing.Take a look at this video shot from a 737 landing in Bucharest forward to the 3:00 min mark http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwFbZFMYHpg&p=4F3300AE157F04E9&playnext=1&index=40 and you can clearly see therain on the windscreen.I hope you include it or at least give us the option to turn it on or off. Personally I like it when taxing, taking off and landing. In cruise at high speed I dont care, plus at that rate of speed you probably wouldn't notice it.Sean Campell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Take a look at this video shot from a 737 landing in Bucharest forward to the 3:00 min mark
If only cloud formations in FSX could really look like that :(

Best regards,

Alexander Rietveld

Set cloud_coverage_density=12 in your fsx.cfg and there you go. Together with Rex it should look like the video.

Ryan, I hope you guys do include the rain because you can see it when your landing.I hope you include it or at least give us the option to turn it on or off. Personally I like it when taxing, taking off and landing. In cruise at high speed I dont care, plus at that rate of speed you probably wouldn't notice it.Sean Campell
+1. If you guys could allow for non-fast parts of flight to show percp effects that would be awesome if possible it greatly adds to realism of slow moving...some of us don't get off the ground these days. lol.:(

Simon

Set cloud_coverage_density=12 in your fsx.cfg and there you go. Together with Rex it should look like the video.
Dankjewel :( I had totally forgotten about this setting! It does eat some frames though, but it looks terrific!Looking forward to the next 737NGX previews Any hint on when that may be? :(

Best regards,

Alexander Rietveld

Guest Wing
If only cloud formations in FSX could really look like that :(
it can... it's a smart piece of software for FSX called REX

Goodday Robert,This looks very impressive, Now I can plan for my new computer for NGX.I hope the new NGX includes Accurate, & Detailed Perfomance Calculations involving ASSUMED Temp,Take Off Speeds , Field Length , etc among other Take Off & data which was somewhat limited in the previous version.Best Regards,Stewart Thompson

While the screenshots are very pretty, I'm a little disappointed that there isn't yet any more information about the 'simulation' side of the NGX. Throughout the development of the NGX we've been told that there will be many new features to 'blow us away' and 'knock our socks off'. Can we please please have some info about these features? I always imagined you were talking about systems and gameplay. I do hope that all the developers own hype and excitment wasn't due to a few fingerprints and dust patches. The VC quality is undoubtedly important but is only a small side of the experience. All this excitment about the VC seems to jar with my image of what PMDG are all about. I dunno...it feels a bit like a Captain Sim focus rather than PMDG... No doubt the NGX will be amazing, will surpass the MD-11 and be everything everyone expects, but I'm just impatient to find out by how much... Adam.

While the screenshots are very pretty, I'm a little disappointed that there isn't yet any more information about the 'simulation' side of the NGX. Throughout the development of the NGX we've been told that there will be many new features to 'blow us away' and 'knock our socks off'. Can we please please have some info about these features? I always imagined you were talking about systems and gameplay. I do hope that all the developers own hype and excitment wasn't due to a few fingerprints and dust patches. The VC quality is undoubtedly important but is only a small side of the experience. All this excitment about the VC seems to jar with my image of what PMDG are all about. I dunno...it feels a bit like a Captain Sim focus rather than PMDG... No doubt the NGX will be amazing, will surpass the MD-11 and be everything everyone expects, but I'm just impatient to find out by how much... Adam.
Are you seriously serious right now? You probably need to re-read the first post in this thread, it obviously states that there will be more threads like this going in depth into the aircraft features and what not. ffs.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Guest Wing

i'm pretty sure the VSD will "knock your socks off", it's something that has never been implemented fully on flight simulation for FSX...

i'm pretty sure the VSD will "knock your socks off", it's something that has never been implemented fully on flight simulation for FSX...
There was a very effective VSD in "Torndao", the DOS based Panavia Tornado simulator and it was brilliant. c.1993 :(

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg