Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Some Dirt on the PMDG 737 NGX

3. No decision has been made on this yet, I personally don't think we should even include it, you can not see individual raindrops hitting the window of a fast moving jet - that's an unrealistic thing that FS has taught people is there - it's not there in real life except for in slower moving aircraft.
To be fair to MS, (I can't believe I wrote that), the sim is designed for a bunch of different birds, not just large jets. Also, while it might be unrealistic in a fast moving jet, it is realistic on piston craft, and would not be unrealistic for a jet down at landing speed, where, frankly, you are more likely to be under the weather and getting rain. How much rain do you get at FL350? Not much. I'm actually ambivalent about whether you include it or not, but I think its important to accept that some unrealistic elements are going to be in any sim just because it is a sim. I do like the ice effects on the J41, especially because you can turn and see the ice being removed by the boots from the cockpit, which you can't do in a 737.

Guest rmk2009

Hi all,is there any chance pmdg could give us an insight into how long we will have to wait untill this great product is released i can wait but just be nice to know how long we're looking at before we get this product.Thanks

To be fair to MS, (I can't believe I wrote that), the sim is designed for a bunch of different birds, not just large jets. Also, while it might be unrealistic in a fast moving jet, it is realistic on piston craft, and would not be unrealistic for a jet down at landing speed, where, frankly, you are more likely to be under the weather and getting rain. How much rain do you get at FL350? Not much. I'm actually ambivalent about whether you include it or not, but I think its important to accept that some unrealistic elements are going to be in any sim just because it is a sim. I do like the ice effects on the J41, especially because you can turn and see the ice being removed by the boots from the cockpit, which you can't do in a 737.
I do it all the time. Turn on the wing anti ice and the ice sheds off. In the 737 you don't operate the wing anti ice like the engine anti ice. It really is a wing DEICE. You actually wait until you see the ice form and then melt it off. Apperently the Boeing manual says its more effective this way.
Hi all,is there any chance pmdg could give us an insight into how long we will have to wait untill this great product is released i can wait but just be nice to know how long we're looking at before we get this product.Thanks
Honestly? We all know by now that PMDG doesn't give dates. It's as obvious as saying the rain is wet today.

Ok I haven't seen this question before in the forum, so pardon me if the question has been already been answered.Question: Will the NGX be accompanied by binded printed manuals and QRH, like the MD-11?Although their cost with delivery may be multiple to that of the software, it adds so much to the experience, plus it makes the work put in the product by PMDG come to light. Suggestion: I guess that with NGX, there will be several systems and their failures simulated. However I believe 95% of the users don't even know about such features. How many for example know that the brake temperature mechanism in MD-11 is (or to me appears to be) a replication of the system in the real aircraft. The same goes for the brake cooling rate. Try overheating and then take-off leaving the gear extended to see how quickly the temperature will drop. So when the NGX is released, it would be good if PMDG started publishing something (e.g. newsletter, forum posts etc.) highlighting such features and tempting the user to experiment with the aircraft. It is a great shame if they remain hidden for users to find out through experience only. PMDG could always say : "Did you know this can be simulated... Try doing this and this and observe how the indications/system behavior change". So these were my 2 cents. Ilias

Ok I haven't seen this question before in the forum, so pardon me if the question has been already been answered.Question: Will the NGX be accompanied by binded printed manuals and QRH, like the MD-11?Although their cost with delivery may be multiple to that of the software, it adds so much to the experience, plus it makes the work put in the product by PMDG come to light. Suggestion: I guess that with NGX, there will be several systems and their failures simulated. However I believe 95% of the users don't even know about such features. How many for example know that the brake temperature mechanism in MD-11 is (or to me appears to be) a replication of the system in the real aircraft. The same goes for the brake cooling rate. Try overheating and then take-off leaving the gear extended to see how quickly the temperature will drop. So when the NGX is released, it would be good if PMDG started publishing something (e.g. newsletter, forum posts etc.) highlighting such features and tempting the user to experiment with the aircraft. It is a great shame if they remain hidden for users to find out through experience only. PMDG could always say : "Did you know this can be simulated... Try doing this and this and observe how the indications/system behavior change". So these were my 2 cents. Ilias
For future reference.If you only do two thigns while you post, let it be this1. post your full real name2. don't ask about release dates. People tend to get cranky when these two things are (2.) and aren't done (1.).Just lookin out for you.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

For future reference.If you only do two thigns while you post, let it be this1. post your full real name2. don't ask about release dates. People tend to get cranky when these two things are (2.) and aren't done (1.).Just lookin out for you.
Dear Mathew, Thank you for you advice and concern. Nevertheless please don't let the "Newbie" and the 3 posts I have made in this forum fool you. It is just that for the past decades or so I have avoided signing up or posting in such forums, exactly because I don't like being patronized, especially on off-topic matters. I am sure any issues with my posts would be taken up by the moderator other in public or by pm-ing me. I guess all these years I wasn't that wrong. If you would like to discuss this further please don't hesitate to sent me a pm or even email me (I can provide you with an address), as it is best to leave this forum to the announcement of a PMDG product. Thank you again for your advice, and my apologies to anyone having to read something so...off topic.RgdsIlias

erm?!?but the forums rules are forum rules,no one needs to contact you to debate about such matters?just sign your name,its not a problem,unless your name is osama bin-laden, and we can try and source your ip adress and find the cave you are browsing the internet from.

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

erm?!?but the forums rules are forum rules,no one needs to contact you to debate about such matters?just sign your name,its not a problem,unless your name is osama bin-laden, and we can try and source your ip adress and find the cave you are browsing the internet from.
Big%20Grin.gif, yeah ok ,...as long as this does not get my first post almost forgotten in this discussion!Rgds,Ilias Pyette

Ryan, I hope you guys do include the rain because you can see it when your landing.Take a look at this video shot from a 737 landing in Bucharest forward to the 3:00 min mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwFbZFMYHpg&p=4F3300AE157F04E9&playnext=1&index=40

and you can clearly see therain on the windscreen.I hope you include it or at least give us the option to turn it on or off. Personally I like it when taxing, taking off and landing. In cruise at high speed I dont care, plus at that rate of speed you probably wouldn't notice it.Sean Campell
Great Video !

Printed manuals - we're aware of the requests for this, no guarantees, but we'll try to make it happen.I'm extremely glad you've noticed stuff like the brake system modelling in the MD-11 - we've always believed attention to details like this and true dynamic system modeling are what set us apart from the competition. When I say dynamic, I mean that the modelling is able to respond to change just like the real world systems do - it's not a static "X in, Y out" sort of thing. On a lot of other addons, you can "break" the logic by putting it into situations it wasn't programmed to deal with - the logic is static and limited to just the basic things. In fact I think you may get your first look at just how detailed this type of dynamic systems thing is in the NGX in the next one of these updates RSR is going to do...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

In fact I think you may get your first look at just how detailed this type of dynamic systems thing is in the NGX in the next one of these updates RSR is going to do...
Can't wait!

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

3. No decision has been made on this yet, I personally don't think we should even include it, you can not see individual raindrops hitting the window of a fast moving jet - that's an unrealistic thing that FS has taught people is there - it's not there in real life except for in slower moving aircraft.
A situation like this shure makes a difference in the simulation. A similar experience is possible in FSX when using a good vcrain mod (mine) :( and if it's implemented in the 737 of course.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkDGKggc5LgGerrit

A situation like this shure makes a difference in the simulation. A similar experience is possible in FSX when using a good vcrain mod (mine) Batting Eyelashes.gif and if it's implemented in the 737 of course.

Gerrit
Thank you for the video ! Awesome video !

i am officially sold on the NGX!! i just hope that the transition from the 747-400X isn't that bad, (i.e learning the new systems, handling, etc.) I simply cannot wait for all of this, HUD, TERR on ND, superb VC, and it won't even affect my system any more than the Queen :D! i am so happy right now, i just can't wait. Kristoff Ottar-Spencer