Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Some Dirt on the PMDG 737 NGX

Sorry i read now some posts, however is there any releasdate?
Um, do I read the infamous 'RD' question above? Well, no. There is none. And beware of the dogs :( Phil

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

A bit off this topic but... I have to tell you that I am thinking about purchasing the PMDG Jetstream!!! :-) I know it's not a jet (only stream, lol) but it's the PMDG guys' latest full release and since I really loved the Flight1 ATR and generally speaking I love turboprops, I am sure I won't regret buying the J41. Maybe I'm too late with the purchase and the NGX will be released when I'm still learning the systems of this cute little regional airliner, but I really fell in love with it, looks so cool, I;ve seen many videos, thanks to youtube:-) So I am seriously thinking about it, - and anyways, the only PMDG stuff I actually own is the 737-900/900 for my old FS9 so it's time for some new cool PMDG product:-) I hope that there won't be too much FPS hit on my system. What do you think?

jetstream is "cute"very detailed systems, and i like it.you need to overclock your processor bro, to around 3.8, if u got a decent cooler :)

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Hi! I know, I know, I need to overclock my PC... FPS wise I am OK in small and average default cities (all sliders max, FPS set to unlimited, light bloom off, addon AI traffic at 50 %) - but for example at default New York La Guardia I got 3-8 FPS... LAX - same. Aerosoft Budapest (my hometown) - better not to mention... uninstalled...I paid nearly EUR 1700 for my PC including a 21" monitor but still I can't fully enjoy it and basically I am banned from busy, crowded airports due to the FPS hit... I don't want too much tweaking, I don't want special "magic words" in my fsx.cfg - and of course, I don't really want to lower the sliders... So I will need to overclock - I woul want to overclock to 3.6 or 4 GHz but first, I will need a bigger cooler (I have no idea what to buy, and mostly, no idea how to install it...), second, I have no idea how to do the overclocking... Basically I have no idea on anything related to hardware, so this is why I am not yet "overclocked" ... :-( But soon I'll have to face these things, as I want to enjoy the game, and I want to land at busy airports too:-)

ill continue this by sending u a pm, as this is a ngx forum,anyone who want to contact me about FSX configs or computer set ups, send me a pm, lets not discuss here , its not the place :)best regards

Alex Ridge

[i would like to know if the NGX will get the same FS Actions shortcuts of the MD-11(opening of doors, pushback feature) and the weight and fuel and speed charts availaible just like the Jetstream 41 as ''popup charts''?Oh and btw it would be cool to get the new EFB (electronic flight bag) or even interchangeable flight data charts used from pdf docs?Cheers,Jonathan Marsh

It's funny how PMDG's name still refers to development of manuals. :biggrin:What I like the most about PMDG products vs any other developers' products is that you don't come here to ask whether their upcoming release will have a working FMC or proper visuals or accurate flight model. You come here to see what other developers will be keen to achieve in the next years. In the end it always turns out the cost was well worth spending on all PMD products.Talk about evolution... :(

Hi RobertFar too much exitement!! I think this one might put all the other PMDG aircraft in the cupboard for a while :( I think lots of us are really exited about this product and I know it will be worth the wait. Hopefully not too long from now we will all be flying the NGX into the early morning hours. GREAT WORK & DEDICATION.Johan Viljoen

i got one more question.so the real 737 has an own steering-wheel for driving on ground. but all fsx planes can only be driven by steering with the joke.does the ngx have his/her own steering-wheel for ground driving ?sry for my english, i'm a german pupil
I can't speak at all for the PMDG 737 NGX... I know as much as you guys do... but it is possible to create a realistic steering tiller in FSX. The FSX SDK does allow for it.In fact, I created a simulated Tiller panel once, and you'd drag the tiller handle to move the nose wheel.But it was awkward to use (using the mouse to drag the tiller handle), so I left it at that.Cheers,

#cheers mr yoke!ok pmdg, put is in some more light, nothing really since the dirt, [which is just more pictures of the VC which we kinda seen already and been waiting for since the begining of this year]

Alex Ridge

Here's a good 737NG video.

It's from JustPlanes, and it is a small part of the origanal one.

Guest 413X3

it's really a shame PMDG won't accept the fact the weather engine isn't 100% perfect in FS, and at least give us what we all want, working weather radar. Nothing is 100% realistic, we accept that. But at least give it to us? Every time they bring it up it sounds to me like they're covering up the real reasons behind not putting it in their jets. If Feelthere and Captain Sim can do it, PMDG can do it. We won't complain if it isn't 100% accurate.