Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737 NGX: PMDG's attitude toward realism

I can't open the pictures, it just keeps loading - are they removed?

I need a 2D because sometimes at the end of a long flight in either PMDG 744, 748, and MD11 all the other views have disappeared. There ia no VC, spot view, wing view, no scenery, no runways, etc. For some reason the 2D cockpit still is visable and functional. I have done quite a few ILS approaches and landings on grass fields or whatever. It's aii still there. I just can see it unless it's the 2D cockpit. Michael Cubine
Michael, You should start a new thread in the general section here asking for some help because those issues are not at all normal and something is obviously very wrong there. I'm fairly confident we can figure out what's going on if you do. Also, I'm sure you've seen it by now but incase you haven't check out this post http://forum.avsim.net/topic/280688-graphics-corruption-in-fsx-update-possible-solution-found/.
I can't open the pictures, it just keeps loading - are they removed?
Go back a page or two, there are other links that were posted. I think it happened as a result of the small hiccup yesterday in the system.Edit:Here was the post from Aidan and the link he provided:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/299624-pmdgs-attitude-toward-realism-on-the-737ngx/page__view__findpost__p__1839901

i9 10920x @ 4.8 ~ MSI Creator x299 ~ 256 Gb 3600 G.Skill Trident Z Royal ~ EVGA RTX 3090ti ~ Sim drive = M.2  2-TB ~ OS drive = M.2 is 512-gb ~ 5 other Samsung Pro/Evo mix SSD's ~ EVGA 1600w ~ Win 10 Pro

Dan Prunier

I don't know if it is the case, but is something similar to this implemented in a 737NG?2yuhtzq.jpgbest regards,toby
I hope what's in the right seat is implemented, :( :( Angel.gif For the rest, just waiting for this amazing bird, B) :(

.... HEEEEELP....I can´t see the vc-pictures in full size - tried Google chrom an Explorer - !!!Jesper - Denmark

Whoa, this video looks so real!

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

That is amazing to hear you are looking into that for the failures model.. Unfortunately even being in aviation I do not know what "Mean time failure" is... We track life limited components on hard cards, and whenever the hours run out we change them. Can't wait to learn all this stuff.. Looks like we will have to screen the logs and records carefully before taking flight.

That is amazing to hear you are looking into that for the failures model.. Unfortunately even being in aviation I do not know what "Mean time failure" is... We track life limited components on hard cards, and whenever the hours run out we change them. Can't wait to learn all this stuff.. Looks like we will have to screen the logs and records carefully before taking flight.
Simple. The average time that it takes for a component to fail. Jack C

Is an interesting concept, but do not know where it would apply. Like on the H-60 one of the carded items is a hydraulic main rotor damper. Is limited to being on the aircraft for 800 hours, but they are inspected every 179 hours (phase).. They only get replaced though when they are found to be defective, or the 800 hours is hit. I mean usually they fail long before the 800 hours comes due, and maybe that is what he is talking about. Taking the actual failure rates and using them to program the module. I've just never heard the term before. Probably something the guys up in Cherry Point, and Sikorsky track though.

Quick question about the NGX. Is the hud like an optional thing? As I don't see it in the VC picture or is that still being worked on?

6) Hard Copies of Manuals: It is currently planned that these will be available. We are working with Boeing and the manual publisher to ensure it is done correctly. (It would be unethical for us to simply provide you with a warmed over copy of intellectual property that is owned by Boeing... I find it disturbing how few add-on developers seem concerned by such a requirement. We purchase the rights to use and distribute their intellectual property- and we have already made the legal arrangements required to produce these manuals for you...) Ryan was "slightly" wrong above when he indicated that we might not produce these. The MD-11 manual sales met expectations but they were FAR too expensive. We are working with Boeing and the publisher to make these far more affordable...
That is awesome news, Rob! I love my MD11 manuals... just adds that extra level of realism. Regarding cost: Personally, I'd pay again what I paid for the MD11 ones, in a heatbeat: they really are high quality. I'd hate to see the quality go down with the price.

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

Is an interesting concept, but do not know where it would apply.
It would apply to a simulation - if you want to simulate failures with frequency close to their real-life failures then knowing the "mean time failure" is a must. Of course some ABC of statistics is required because if this number happens to be say 500 hrs for some component you do not want to simulate such failure every 500 hrs, rather build a Poisson distribution around this number. Also if you are running an airline and have your own maintenance department then knowing mean time failure is important because it will let you estimate how many spare parts of different kinds you should keep in stock.

Good stuff. Figured airlines just ordered parts from the manufacturers like we do. 9 times out of 10 though we just usually wind up cannibilizing the part from another aircraft in heavy maitenance/hard down while waiting for the new part to come in. There is a wind range of effects though on parts. We just had a brand new engine chip out on one of our new helicopters after barely 100 hours.. But I have seen re-conditioned motors that have gone thousands of hours without needing much. Is definately a wide range once you start digging into statistics and such. All I know is cannot wait to see this in action whether it is with the original product, or a patch.

Quick question about the NGX. Is the hud like an optional thing? As I don't see it in the VC picture or is that still being worked on?
Yeah, the HUD is an option, not all NGs have it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest BlueRidgeDx
Figured airlines just ordered parts from the manufacturers like we do. 9 times out of 10 though we just usually wind up cannibilizing the part from another aircraft.
Cannibalization is complicated by the fact that airplanes break at the outstations so often...especially the ones with warm weather and beaches.In the airline biz, 10 times out of 10, if the part can be MEL'd/CDL'd the jet will fly with it broken/missing.