Sign in to follow this  
Epgd

new media 22.10....Flight site...

Seems things were simple on developing a sim from the ground up-until they asked to model all the things fsx does-the programmers seemed to have balked at that point...Lockheed Martin seems to have grabbed esp and run with it...wonder why?
Where could I read more about it?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Where could I read more about it?
If you are referring to Lockheed Martin's license of ESP which they now call Prepar3d you shouldn't get too excited unless your a developer. Lockheed is specifically excluded from the Entertainment market.Client licenses will be $499. The price for the Prepar3d Developer Network (PDN) subscription will be $9.95/month for the Registered Developer level, and $99.95/month for the Solution Developers level.

OK maybe it's just me but I hope that ladies voice is an ATC controller or something because I think it's quite sexy!! In fact so far that's the best thing from MS Flight.

OK maybe it's just me but I hope that ladies voice is an ATC controller or something because I think it's quite sexy!! In fact so far that's the best thing from MS Flight.
I'm pretty sure that ATC clip was pasted on in post-production.

What a joke! Flight is FSX...
Yes, you can fly a plane in FSX. :biggrin:Come on, judging on one video? This thing is still in early development!!! :(

Brandon Filer

I'd prefer it if she actually knew the difference between a noun and an adjective: 'that's why it's so fun'? Learn to speak English, you silly cow.On a more serious note, if I was at the controls of a Boeing Stearman and it sounded like that weak on lift off, I'd be making an emergency landing straight back down onto the runway I'd just lifted off from. Have these people ever heard one of those things?Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I'd prefer it if she actually knew the difference between a noun and an adjective: 'that's why it's so fun'? Learn to speak English, you silly cow.On a more serious note, if I was at the controls of a Boeing Stearman and it sounded like that weak on lift off, I'd be making an emergency landing straight back down onto the runway I'd just lifted off from. Have these people ever heard one of those things?Al
Dont worry, the kids that will be playing this game dont know the difference anyway.

Guys (and Gals),I'm really not expecting much of a change from FSX. For FSX development, they had the whole ACES team. That team was disbanded almost in entirety. Anyone have any idea how many people have been added to the team since then? My bet is that it is a skeleton in size.For those of you who are looking for a complete rewrite - rewritten by who? You're kidding right? If ACES didn't rewrite it before, how could a smaller team have created a NEW product with a greater level of quality and at least as much or better depth of detail?Sorry guys, my bet is an improved version of FSX with perhaps a new stable of airplanes.For those thinking this is still the early stage of development, I believe that we are expecting a release in late 2011. For FSX, development was basically finished in January for the expected release in October. Which means development is nearly finished, and will soon be going into alpha testing.I, for one, am happy with what I have seen, and happy that Microsoft seems to be keeping the realism in the sim, and are not going arcade.

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Dont worry, the kids that will be playing this game dont know the difference anyway.
I think kids that don't know the difference don't play airplane games.They want war with guns and bombs and tanks.And they want heroes and chicks, and a narrative.They want to collect wood and build bases....cast spells, and slay dragons with teams of friends.But they don’t want to fly a Stearman :( I don’t think they even have the faintest idea what a Stearman is – or care :)It’s not super fast or powerful...no guns - lasers – bombs...it’s not conventionally “cool” in any way.FS is a formula game...its for a specific audience...and it is what is.The Stearman is sort of an interesting choice; demographics wise I mean.Unless you’re a baby-boomer or a little wiser a Stearman won’t exactly float your boat ;)

Guys (and Gals),I'm really not expecting much of a change from FSX. For FSX development, they had the whole ACES team. That team was disbanded almost in entirety. Anyone have any idea how many people have been added to the team since then? My bet is that it is a skeleton in size.For those of you who are looking for a complete rewrite - rewritten by who? You're kidding right? If ACES didn't rewrite it before, how could a smaller team have created a NEW product with a greater level of quality and at least as much or better depth of detail?Sorry guys, my bet is an improved version of FSX with perhaps a new stable of airplanes.For those thinking this is still the early stage of development, I believe that we are expecting a release in late 2011. For FSX, development was basically finished in January for the expected release in October. Which means development is nearly finished, and will soon be going into alpha testing.I, for one, am happy with what I have seen, and happy that Microsoft seems to be keeping the realism in the sim, and are not going arcade.
HelloI am in agreement with you on this.Release could be closer than we imagine.I envisage FSX with the assets reworked to fully support DX10 with the landclassing and associated textures completed to where they should have been if FSX had not been prematurely pushed out of the door.If we are really lucky there may be better support for multi core processors.And if that is all that Flight! turns out to be then I will be very pleased.Very much like the transition from FS2002 to FS2004, and look how well that turned out.

HelloI am in agreement with you on this.Release could be closer than we imagine.I envisage FSX with the assets reworked to fully support DX10 with the landclassing and associated textures completed to where they should have been if FSX had not been prematurely pushed out of the door.If we are really lucky there may be better support for multi core processors.And if that is all that Flight! turns out to be then I will be very pleased.Very much like the transition from FS2002 to FS2004, and look how well that turned out.
I don't think MS will even bother with DX10. Will most likely be Windows Vista and 7 only using Direct X11

Brandon Filer

That team was disbanded almost in entirety. Anyone have any idea how many people have been added to the team since then?
There was word that the new team is made up 'mostly' of the old team.As I understand that...ACES got disbanded and in time many people were hired back by MS Games.My hunch is pure legal matters played a bigger role than any of the theories we’ve discussed ;)

What is wrong with saying "that's why it's so fun" ? I am a professional editor and I see nothing wrong with that "silly cow's" quote. I do have a correction for you. It should be "If I were at the controls," not "was at the controls."

What is wrong with saying "that's why it's so fun" ? I am a professional editor and I see nothing wrong with that "silly cow's" quote. I do have a correction for you. It should be "If I were at the controls," not "was at the controls."
Ooooh!Handbags at dawn.Shame%20On%20You.gif

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.