Sign in to follow this  
Epgd

new media 22.10....Flight site...

Guest veeray

People have spent way more for way less :)

I would pass, I'm not going to switch sims and start repurchasing all my addons again, like I did going from fs9 to fsx unless of course the new flight is significantly better then fsx. 5% pleaserolleyes.gif
If I were a gambler, I would almost be willing to bet my house (paid for!) that Flight will offer full compatibility with anything made to be 100% compliant with the FSX SDKs. There are still FSX products being built with older code, but if it's 100% FSX, I'd be betting it will work in Flight. Just my $.02.

And let's be real, 95% of us complaining will buy it anyway. I know I will. Even all the people who complained about FSX when it first came out (and rightfully so) eventually bought it.

I'm looking forward to it. I have liked what I have seen in each video, be it the clouds and sunrays, the self-shadowing on the plane, the shadows of one object onto another object, the buttery smooth gauges, all looks promising. Seems like they are creating the FSX they really wanted but now with multi-cores and new vid cards able to handle the workload. Maybe I'll just hop over FSX as I haven't fired her up yet and wait for this one to come out as FS9 is working/looking awesome these days.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Well, hopefully MGS will consider opening a dialog soon.
Why should it do that?

to be honest, the game doesn't look much greater than fsx, HOWEVER, this is just showing us the visual aspect of the game. I really really hope they improve on the realism of this game. If you're a true flightsimmer you play the game for the realism, not the graphics. I couldn't care less if the graphics were comparible to fs95 but the realism of it was spot on. If they can make the flying realistic, I will definitely buy this game. I like the lighting of it, and as for my FSX I love how amazing it looks. The developers could spend a whole year in making this game look better than what they've shown, or they could spend the rest of the year making the ATC realistic, and the flight dynamics amazing. Like others have said, if they add in sloped runways that would be nice, but if not, they definitely just need to work on the realism of the game.

Graphics and realism go hand in hand. There are a lot of aspects of flight that can't be simulated with graphics from 1995.

to be honest, the game doesn't look much greater than fsx, HOWEVER, this is just showing us the visual aspect of the game. I really really hope they improve on the realism of this game. If you're a true flightsimmer you play the game for the realism, not the graphics. I couldn't care less if the graphics were comparible to fs95 but the realism of it was spot on. If they can make the flying realistic, I will definitely buy this game. I like the lighting of it, and as for my FSX I love how amazing it looks. The developers could spend a whole year in making this game look better than what they've shown, or they could spend the rest of the year making the ATC realistic, and the flight dynamics amazing. Like others have said, if they add in sloped runways that would be nice, but if not, they definitely just need to work on the realism of the game.
I 'd bet you are a heavy Iron flyer. Not everyone enjoys flying because they are mastering a complex machine or are mastering procedures. If that were true, a real life pilot would get quickly bored of his beloved C172 after few years of learning all there is to know of his plane. I dare to say that huge number of people, I included, fly for the spectacular feeling of flying and views offered from up above. Better graphcis creates the illusion of the views we seek. If you have any doubts about what I am saying, take a look at popularity of add ons such as ORBX, GEX, UTX, REX, Megascenery and all the other scenery add ons available for the hobby.

I strongly disagree with the comment "If you're a true flightsimmer you play the game for the realism, not the graphics".  A true flight simmer wants both.  Having both is the only true approximation of realism.  This is one example of how you know this is true.   Lets say that "flight"  has prefect flight dynamics .. but planes could only be modeled as a "paper" airplane.  No one would view this has positive.  To approximate "realism"  you have to have good flight characteristics and good graphics. (PMDG and Orbx should come to mind)

Good question...Urg, so hard not to comment on the other stuff.
I like what I see now and you have got me excited by the other stuff.

Things I liked:Shadows falling across the wings at the start of the videoSense of depth has improved somehowThings I didnt like:Trees too big against houses in my opinionWheel sink into tarmac - hope that gets fixedNo objects in the far distance - still a circle of popping autogen, understandable from a performance aspect but impression of distant objects needs to be improvedRunway in this video wasnt sloped - hope some others areI love the depth and performane of http://outerra.com/

If it's just an update like SP3 or something there could be one plus - all add-ons might work from day 1. So we aren't going to wait another 5 years for PMDG 737NGX for Flight ;)

I'm very interested in the ATC that can be heard around 21 seconds into the clip. A sign of things to come perhaps?

I love the depth and performane of http://outerra.com/
very cool stuff

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I honestly and sincerely hope that MS doesn't release any more video teasers... :(
Bill,I'm picturing the new Flight development team sitting in a conference room reading this thread and having a good chuckle, just like a group of kids after they've put some tape on a cats tail...Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.