Sign in to follow this  
Epgd

new media 22.10....Flight site...

You're not the only one. It looks better than vanilla FSX for sure.
It was a very long and expensive trip moving from my fs9 to fsx, and now that I have fsx running to my satisfaction its going to take alot more then better tree's to get me to go on that journey again, I know its early and we really don't know what flight will be or how it will perform but I am not blown away by any of these first video's, and the next flight sim is going to have to really offer a hell of alot to get me to switch again.

and I like the camera views

My though... after watching last video on FLIGHT site.. This is FSX engine upgraded (with addon FLIGHT ) with new tress, lighting and shadows, game playing etc... It`s NOT a new sim (or something else) from basic for sure.and yes... these bugs, like weel sinking and markings.. in official marketing videos... echh it`s disaster.So, FLIGHT is going to be an Addon for me... or I`m wrong, who knows :)brdsMartin

I said this in another forum..."I love it... If Flight can come out of the box as good as FSX is today with all the functionality and fidelity of the A2A and Orbx products and at the same time have the extensibility of FSX, then we have a lot to look forward to.Hopefully some of the niggles of the current iteration related to its graphics capabilities (blurries etc) can be put to bed and we can use the full potential of our machines.My glass is certainly half full..."Cheers,

You know they could simply be completeing the DX10 update for FSX.A little lazy IMO and I'm slightly disappointing as I was hoping for a departure from the FSX world because it has been such a beast to tame... there doesn't seem to be much improvement visually either, the trees certainly don't look any better than what is possible with FSX. Shadows...ok nice, except the ground shadows look terrible! to me it really does look as if they are just finishing off coding FSX for DX10, adding a few new planes, textures and BAM! Microsoft Flight. $$I know this is still early days in Flights development but to release a video of FSX with a new aircraft just seems a little poor.

Well that's disappointing. I really hope I' wrong in believing this is just FSX with more graphical features stapled on to a bloated and outdated engine.

I don't think it does...The ground textures, the runways, are exactly like FSX.The autogen looked a little different, but not from a texture standpoint... just the placement of it seemed better.Sure, the Stearman looked nice but then again I've seen better VC's in 3rd party payware...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

what I've noticed is that those videos are becoming one month a part.is that a hint for something?

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

I don't think it does...The ground textures, the runways, are exactly like FSX.The autogen looked a little different, but not from a texture standpoint... just the placement of it seemed better.Sure, the Stearman looked nice but then again I've seen better VC's in 3rd party payware...
To be fair, shadows look much better.

Well I guess there is not going to be sloped runways in FLIGHT thats for sure, I think all that FLIGHT is going to be is FSX SP3
Sloped runways were #1 on my wishlist. I sure hope that can be remedied before release.

To say I am shocked is an understatement! I looked at the video in disbelief! After nearly SIX years, is this the graphics improvement we should expect from MS? Yes it is nearly 6 years; they showed us FSX in January of 2006 and this game will not be out till Fall of 2011. How brave of MS to, now, show us a scenery that can't hold a candle to sceneries from ORBX in our aging FSX! Also, am I the only one that thinks the sky, airport and runway textures look awful? The horizon looks like some overexposed pictures (way too whitish). The sky color reminds me of FS2000-2002 sky textures! And what is with the leopord spotted, extremely grainy, runway? Is the blue thing in the distance at 50-51 sec of the video supposed to be water? I don't remember how my FSX textures looked like before I installed REX, but I doubt they were this bad.

Hey at least flight is simulating the aircrafts suspension system during ground handling. Note how the right side of the plane and right landing gear tilts and presses down during the turn to the left. :(

Damn, people!!! Calm down!!! I've never seen such negative comments all in one place! OK, let's start off with this. Flight has at least another year before release. Anything can change. autogen, runways, clouds, you name it. There is obviously some major improvements looking at the new video. They appear to have fixed the shadow rendering system. I saw tree shadows move across the plane and ground as the Stearman was taxiing! That's a good thing. Also, the grass/airport background texture looks photoreal. We might get this for many airports. Autogen looks improved with better textures on airport buildings. It all looks better. Let's just give it time and see what MS gives us. No one is making you keep up with all this info. If you think MS Flight will fail and you're just here to express that, get out of here!!! No one wants to read all these negative comments. Just give Flight a chance.B)PS: Anyone know what airport is in this video? Maybe we can do some comparing with FSX...

The sky color reminds me of FS2000-2002 sky textures! And what is with the leopord spotted, extremely grainy, runway? Is the blue thing in the distance at 50-51 sec of the video supposed to be water?
The video has a color contrast edit. These are not actual colors.

Brandon Filer

I don't think anyone here is being overly negative, more subjective thoughts about the video itself. Obviously it is early stages, but maybe a little too early to release such a video that shows only slight difference between what we are using now and the promise of whats to come. Most of the criticisms are constructive and justified.I am still looking forward to the release of Flight and seeing future developments and progress. Even if Flight is to FSX as Windows 7 is to Windows Vista it will be an welcomed improvement.

I'm surprised at the video... It looks like FSX.It's a relief that the FLIGHT includes the whole earth and takes over MSFS series.But what's the difference? More FPS friendly?So FLIGHT uses the same lighting system of MSFS series which is old-fashioned and NO HDR support provided?MS should reconsider... I believe that it is possible that a completely new program and the compability of add-ons can be consistent.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.