Sign in to follow this  
Scott Miller

Price for PMDG NGX Manuals

Dunno about you guys but photocopies here are 3 cents, printing is 10 cents per page. So 300 dollars just on the pages, nevermind the custom PMDG binding, color laminates... it's actually a very good deal.
I don't know if sound logic works in a heated argument, does it? I have a small laser printer that costs about $.03 per page to print. I would have to a.) buy pre-punched paper for the binder or b.) use regular paper and my three hole punch. Fun, huh? Then I'd have to buy the binders and labels. More fun, huh?For the hard-core simmer the manuals will be part of their investment in the product. Just like the external switches, gauges, yoke and all the other "non-required" items. Let these people enjoy their leisure time. The rest of the spoil sports just sound as if they are jealous that they can't spend or afford as much as the next guy.I don't really care about the product, because it goes too high and too fast. Once I get above 20,000 I always ask myself "Now what?"

If my disposable income was higher I'd buy them....just can't justify it given my situation...even if it were half that price people would still say it's too high....can't win PMDGcheersGreg

Buy one iPAD with the money and open the manuals in it!!!
Any issues reading PDF files on the IPAD?

Any issues reading PDF files on the IPAD?
This is a link to a page I was reading earlier that may answer your questionhttp://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=106623

MANUAL. I don't need no stinking manual ! :mad:A parity from the movie Blazing Saddles.http://www.dailywav.com/0500/badges2.wav
Actually, that would be a parody... You will get the same manuals in PDF form with the NGX - with the possible exception of the QRH. Then you can choose not to read them for free.DJ

Ryan, I've garnered the impression that PMDG has basically contracted with the actual company that produces the "official" manuals to produce the PMDG versions. It would seem reasonable therefore that the actual customer's cost is largely determined by what the supplier is charging PMDG for the service. :Thinking:It seems to me that it is completely unreasonable to expect PMDG to charge less than their costs... :(
Even more unreasonable is the carrying on and moaning about the cost of printed material that will be provided in pdf format as part of the release! Your impression is correct. PMDG has stated explicitly that the company producing these manuals is the same company that produces it for the non-FS world.DJ

I think the next interesting point in this thread will come when we receive a clear yes or no from PMDG on the fact if the pdf manuals can be printed.In the meantime, high (or not high, as you may want to see it) prizes usually don't frighten any fan (I hope this word doesn't get a too bad context now). Justin Bieber tickets can never be too expensive if you are a fan, can they? And if one is looking for a Christmas present, the no-go barrier even rises.I really appreciate some answers around here, especially the ones from Alan while I really, really wonder where all the emotional stuff comes from some other guys (luckily, not the majority of users of course). Lets see how the copyright argumentation goes into some pdf files then. As said, even the buyers of the fancy printed manuals will appreciate some print option I think. And it would be a very strange copyright if you are "allowed" to buy printed manuals, copy over pdf files to an PC (you own) in the world but are not allowed to print a single page then. But we can discuss the aspects of this if we have some facts I think.Thanks for being able to print e. g. the MD11 manuals. Seems like I saved some money there to just get some paper under my pillow. Big%20Grin.gifBy the way? Where are the MD11 fans around here? We need to drive Bryan York from FS2Crew to get a Voice Edition for this bird too as his 2010 747 Voice Edition is work of art and really enhances the immersion on this old flight deck. He even offers a discount for previous owners.And after the MD11, we have to convince him about Concord X. Sorry for hijacking though.

Hi,Not exactly a fair comparison (classic/NG), and that E-bay auction does come with CBT software. Nevertheless, I have no problem with PMDG's pricing of the supplied printed material, I believe they are being offered at a bargain.

Hi,Between the Boeing Licensing fee coupled with the limited run, these are being offered at a bargain!. The only real disgrace here, is your statement.
This is a real disgrace. What an absolute rip off.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I've let out an "e" on a very vital aviation name in my previous post. Here it is, Concorde :(

Guest veeray
Buy one iPAD with the money and open the manuals in it!!!
Or get Windows 7 and autodock the pdf and FS windows... :)