Sign in to follow this  
Scott Miller

Price for PMDG NGX Manuals

Guest nzch2010

I aree with Ron, what a stupid idiotic post. Did you make the same post when Level D released a simular manual several years ago ? And printing was cheaper then. Let the moths out of ya wallet

Please guys, relax.Thanks!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

As I already pointed out on a similar thread in the PMDG forum, I've produced some real SOP manuals for a couple of European airlines for use in the Airbus A320, A321, and A330 and a few Boeing types too. These were in the standard ring binders such things come in so that you can insert updates and changes if necessary, and like most airline SOPs, they were adaptations of the aircraft manufacturer's standard aircraft SOPs with some procedure customisation for the airlines in question, with some branding by the addition of airline logos on top of the pages. Since this was a freelance job, I was working with a print company I've done a fair bit of stuff with, and I can tell you, even at the deals I could get, they were a damn site more expensive for the airlines to buy them of us than PMDG is charging for their versions.Yes they are expensive, but the production of such things is costly; collating loose-leaf bound pages into ring binders on a short production run means there is no economic way to do things other than having a lot of hand finishing, and that makes things time consuming even after the artwork is produced. That's not even getting into proof-reading, licensing and security measures which have to be factored into the costs as well, since these things have info that a terrorist might find useful (and no I'm not going to say what that is, suffice to say that I suspect that stuff is not in the PMDG versions). Frankly, I'm amazed PMDG have managed to pull it off at all, and especially for the price.You don't have to buy this stuff, just as you don't have to buy an expensive airliner add on, or a flight sim, or even a computer capable of running all that, but many people do because it is what they are interested in. If anyone thinks someone is off their rocker to want that stuff, even at a high price, they're entitled to do so, but it's simply a measure of the passion people have for something they are really into, and there is nothing mad about that. If I added up all the money I've spent on aircraft-related stuff of that nature over the years, 300 Bucks would seem like a drop in the bucket by comparison LOL.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I got the email as I registered for their site when I thought the ngx was about to be released a while back and went had a gander at it saw the price and thought nah not for me, no harm no foul, took about 5 secs out of my life and went off and read about jobs for EAM Oracle data analysts.At no time did I feel anything other than mild curiosity at what they were worth and when I found out it was "oh ok thats not for me" and then moved on.LOL I don't see the need to get up tight at any of this

Um, how much do we think the airlines pay for a set of these manuals - because these are essentially the same thing. PMDG is not delivering some ad hoc manual with a few graphs taken (likely without copywright permission) from manufacturers docs. These are the same things the pilots use to train to fly the real bird. Obviously, casual simmers won't be interested in these. But for those of us who like deep immersion and learning something in depth, they are an absolute steal. A glimpse into the life of the guys and gals who sit up front. Colin

Guest firehawk44

Captain Mike Ray wrote some excellent 737 manuals with a lot of graphics and arrows pointing to where the switches are located, etc. I have some of the samples taken from each manual. They contain a lot of humor to make it a bit less boring reading them. They are reasonably priced too over at FeelThere.com (the hardcopy version may be available at Amazon.com too or at least they use to be)and those are the manuals I intend to use. Now, let's release the PMDG 737 and let the fun begin!Best regards,Jim

Given the prices for just the manuals, one is going to have to take out a mortgage on their home or sell their first born to afford the plane itself!
They are not for you poor chap. I hope you can afford a movie ticket and popcorn once in a while. :(

Guest a2bomber

This is a real disgrace. What an absolute rip off.

rolleyes.gif Did you even read the reasons behind the cost? These are the REAL deal manuals from Boeing, which means there are licensing fees to be paid. The cost of these manuals are not just arbitrarily inflated.

Oh sorry. Should they give them to you for free oh mighty one?

Since you do not have to purchase them, and they come in the package FREE once released as a pdf file, why do you consider it to be a ripoff?I am still at a loss as to why so many people are upset about the price of something that is optional, and in no way affects one's ability to fly the aircraft once released.

Waleed N

I am still at a loss as to why so many people are upset about the price of something that is optional, and in no way affects one's ability to fly the aircraft once released.
if you really wish to find fault in the cost or availability of something start with health care; getting food, safe water and shelter to the world's starving, sick and homeless peoples ... don't get all upset about the cost OF A GAME.FS is optional.any addon is option.nothing about FS is 'life or death'.feel something is too much you don't purchase or get said game or addon.everything here points to the fact that PMDG is getting close to the release of an aircraft that is going to have extream levels of high-fidelity. PMDG are offering the option for those that are interested the real-world 'owners manual' for an 737NG. the discussions required to overcome the legal considerations for this to happenare huge. yes, HUGE. this comes from my friends that are in the upper levels of legal decision making for the boeing company, and my experience in supporting releases of other addon aircraft.--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/