Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

Externalities and the NGX

Hi EveryoneThis is my first visit post on here and I felt I had to register and post a comment on the subject of the forthcoming PMDG 737 NG.There seems to be countless questions on when the product is going to be released along with members knocking PMDG for delays of the product. I am as eager as anyone to get my hands on the NG and check every day for new news (I know I’m a sado!). I think we all have to understand PMDG’s position on this, take a step back and be patient. All the guys and gals at PMDG are obviously in the processes of producing a cutting edge peace of software encompassing probably never seen before level of detail and functionality. Ok I agree maybe they should have changed the comment on the 2010 release date but as a simulator systems development engineer working in ATC training myself I know these projects do have a tendency to have a delayed release date.I’m sure PMDG will not release anything or give any statements until they are 100% sure that the product is ready for release and/or anything they say on the product is correct. They don’t want to upset us by giving us false hope or mislead us in any way.So what am I trying to say in a nutshell …. Give the guys a break and just let them get on with it, they will tell us when it is ready … when it is ready. So in the meantime keep checking their site for news and the credit card close to the computer ready.Richard

Hi EveryoneThis is my first visit post on here and I felt I had to register and post a comment on the subject of the forthcoming PMDG 737 NG.There seems to be countless questions on when the product is going to be released along with members knocking PMDG for delays of the product. I am as eager as anyone to get my hands on the NG and check every day for new news (I know I’m a sado!). I think we all have to understand PMDG’s position on this, take a step back and be patient. All the guys and gals at PMDG are obviously in the processes of producing a cutting edge peace of software encompassing probably never seen before level of detail and functionality. Ok I agree maybe they should have changed the comment on the 2010 release date but as a simulator systems development engineer working in ATC training myself I know these projects do have a tendency to have a delayed release date.I’m sure PMDG will not release anything or give any statements until they are 100% sure that the product is ready for release and/or anything they say on the product is correct. They don’t want to upset us by giving us false hope or mislead us in any way.So what am I trying to say in a nutshell …. Give the guys a break and just let them get on with it, they will tell us when it is ready … when it is ready. So in the meantime keep checking their site for news and the credit card close to the computer ready.Richard
+1

Of course we have an internal estimate. Are we going to share that? Absolutely not. Nothing we've ever said (ie the video from last year) was anything more than our internal estimate at the time. We're not going to make the same mistake of setting ourselves up like that again. No matter how many times we say things are estimates, people take it as "promises" etc and we end up taking flak for it. People can call us "arrogant" all they want for not broadcasting our internal release estimates to the world. Try getting Apple to tell you when their next iWhatever is coming out and see what they say... The better question is what would it do for you in the first place even if you knew? I could tell you the target date is X and that still doesn't mean a thing and likely won't be met.
Hey Ryan did you enjoy the snow from last weekend? If you want some more we ship some more down to you!!!!!

Richard Spencer

Churchill

PVT SEL

GYSGT

USMC (ret)

Why do these update threads always end up turning into a argument about the release date? Rediculous. it was - 53 here with the windchill two nights ago so all my time is spent inside, besides work. Find something else to do besides complaining about a virtual aircraft for the computer. Do you guys complain about this to your wife/girlfriend at the dinner table too? You complainers complain more than my old lady... and thats hard to beat. haha.Corey Prefontaine CYEG

Do you guys complain about this to your wife/girlfriend at the dinner table too? Corey Prefontaine CYEG
No....but you can bet that they will be complaining to us once the NGX is released and we don't talk to them for a month.

You are absolutely right!I work with children and in the psychology stuff there is something called "to be able to postpone the need". This is something we all have to learn. We have all sorts of reactions to our needs where we have directed them. :( Some are still infantile in there coping with postponing desire and wishes and some on the level of the yogis. They let go and rest in whats left...peace.:im Not Worthy:I check precissionmanuals.com 4 times af week and check if there are any launching news... Off course there are not. :( Maybe we should make crises management to ourselves from time to time and make an APPD forum. (Anonymous PMDG Pilots Dependents) :(

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark

Maybe we should make crises management to ourselves from time to time and make an APPD forum. (Anonymous PMDG Pilots Dependents) :(
:("Hi everyone. My name is Ryan.""Hi Ryan!"

Dear PMDG team , please make an screenshot for the NGX B738H only in white color without regrestrie logos , with winglets ,without eyebrows and Row44). Please i wish it :( Thanksbest regradsChris

I was really happy with how far this thread had gone without completely jumping the shark and becoming a beg for updates thread. Lets face it, PMDG is not going to give us any hints. Why argue? It will just get this thread shut down too.

Of course we have an internal estimate. Are we going to share that? Absolutely not. Nothing we've ever said (ie the video from last year) was anything more than our internal estimate at the time. We're not going to make the same mistake of setting ourselves up like that again. No matter how many times we say things are estimates, people take it as "promises" etc and we end up taking flak for it. People can call us "arrogant" all they want for not broadcasting our internal release estimates to the world. Try getting Apple to tell you when their next iWhatever is coming out and see what they say... The better question is what would it do for you in the first place even if you knew? I could tell you the target date is X and that still doesn't mean a thing and likely won't be met.
My first and only post on this topic, just have to say this:PMDG, you guys are doing a great job, the above is absolutely correct and please take as long as you need!And to the people that keep asking, maybe they should get a "cool-off" period?Have a good day.Tycho Scholtens

:(

You are absolutely right!I work with children and in the psychology stuff there is something called "to be able to postpone the need". This is something we all have to learn. We have all sorts of reactions to our needs where we have directed them. B) Some are still infantile in there coping with postponing desire and wishes and some on the level of the yogis. They let go and rest in whats left...peace.im Not Worthy.gifI check precissionmanuals.com 4 times af week and check if there are any launching news... Off course there are not. B) Maybe we should make crises management to ourselves from time to time and make an APPD forum. (Anonymous PMDG Pilots Dependents) :(
"Hi, my name is nelson and I am a PMDG NGX addict.""I check the forums everyday and go into a corner and cry when I do not see a update! ":(

PMDG, please take your time to finish it. I really want to fly in a good bird instead of a buggy one and that you everytime think weil flying: "Hmm... this isn't working. Omg, this doesn't work (properly)" etc. Ofcourse, I hope it will be released tomorrow but hè ... it's already (in my eyes) delayed so this extra day more... who cares?! I'm really curious about the liveries, how they looks like :D How "real" PMDG made them. Besides that, I'm really curious about the sounds, how it "feels" like if you push the trottles forwards. Now, Airbus X has been released and if you are cleared to taxi/take-off and push the trottles forward... wauw you "feel" the power of the engines.Question to PMDG: Is there an option in FMC to choose between a clean or a dirty plane? I like it to fly in abit dirty plane, such as dirty flaps.

face it, you've been complaining a lot!!Please stop whining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...well he"s kinda right....I"ve been told on many of occasions that I am a very patient man, but I must say, it"s getting a bit rediculous now,don"t you think,for what ever reason, if things don"t change we will be at summer 2011!, ...makes one wonder as like NLS A380 developement,what"s going on, it wouldn"t be total re-development of the NGX due to microsoft springing on us the next offering "Microsoft Flight" a few months ago would it? (compatability?:()

Dear PMDG team , please make an screenshot for the NGX B738H only in white color without regrestrie logos , with winglets ,without eyebrows and Row44). Please i wish it :( Thanksbest regradsChris
really?.....why? Not to be rude, but that is the most off the wall request i have ever seen.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda