Sign in to follow this  
Holgi

NGX - 2D Panel

Hello PMDG-Team!My last information is that there will be a 2D Panel. So far I haven´t seen any 2D-Panel Shot. I hope you didn´t change your mind and there will be a 2D-panel as I´m a multi-monitor user.Would be nice if you have some informations about the 2D Panel. Is it still under construction and will it be similar to the MD11 style or more in the JS41 way?Thank you,Holger

Hello PMDG-Team!My last information is that there will be a 2D Panel. So far I haven´t seen any 2D-Panel Shot. I hope you didn´t change your mind and there will be a 2D-panel as I´m a multi-monitor user.Would be nice if you have some informations about the 2D Panel. Is it still under construction and will it be similar to the MD11 style or more in the JS41 way?Thank you,Holger
It is a full 2D panel...

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

It is a full 2D panel...
Prove it with a screenshot :(:( eheh

It is a full 2D panel...
I always liked the 2D panels, but based on the screenshots of the 3D, I dont think I'll have a choice but to use the 3D...

By full 2D panel I guess that means that the PFD FMC ND EICAS will be re-sizable and can be reposition for use with multi-monitors?percy clapp

I only fly the 2D panel. The 3D actually makes me sea-sick - which happens in real life when say I read a newspaper on a bus or fly in a full motion sim. It sounds strange - huh! That's why never became a pilot - I threw up in the parking lot 3 different times after flying in a simulator. This doesn't happen with the 2D cockpit. Am I abnormal? Anyway, I am perfectly happy using the 2D and I hope future releases will continue the 2D panel as a choice.

Paul Gugliotta

I only fly the 2D panel. The 3D actually makes me sea-sick - which happens in real life when say I read a newspaper on a bus or fly in a full motion sim. It sounds strange - huh! That's why never became a pilot - I threw up in the parking lot 3 different times after flying in a simulator. This doesn't happen with the 2D cockpit. Am I abnormal? Anyway, I am perfectly happy using the 2D and I hope future releases will continue the 2D panel as a choice.
Currently I use the 2D in most of the time, but I'm slowly transitioning to the VC, even because the next PMDG developments may not come with 2D cockpit. The NGX may be the last PMDG with a 2D cockpit. So, you should start trying to use the VC. It's a little bit 'weird' compared to the 2D, but once you get used to it, you'll 'love' it.

Matheus Mafra

Guest wims
Currently I use the 2D in most of the time, but I'm slowly transitioning to the VC, even because the next PMDG developments may not come with 2D cockpit. The NGX may be the last PMDG with a 2D cockpit. So, you should start trying to use the VC. It's a little bit 'weird' compared to the 2D, but once you get used to it, you'll 'love' it.
It looks good for sure, it just isnt quite as functional as the 2d panel. Its a shame that PMDG wants to stop doing 2d panels :(

Yes it is to bad PMDG may stop the 2D panels as only 2D can be used with separate monitors for the main panels in home cockpits ( PDFs NDs ECIS FMC), VC will not work.percy clapp

I think it of it very simple: VC is for flying, 2D is for clicking/managing.

Guest acezboy561

I use the 2D cockpit for the MCP - I find it alot easier than the VC.

Well said.

I love VC, I use 2D panel because sometimes VC is not modeled in high resolution which means the prints are not clear enough to see. I used to see PMDG747 on my friend's computer, it is the most clear VC I have ever seen, even better than that on Md11.

Interesting. 2D in combination with a few monitors and some cockpit hardware gives me the feeling to fly, whereas clicking in a VC gives me a mouse-pilot feeling. I really hope PMDG will continue to support both approaches and doesn't consider VC as "the only future".Torsten