Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

iFly 737 Has Been Released

If only the final FPS tidbits were remedied, then it'd get close to being perfect.
They will get there, the level of support is fantastic as is the community spirit. I have long been a proponent of locked support forums and the iFly forum is a shining example of why. You have, largely, people who want to solve a problem, not a pirate who has skimmed the aircraft from a torrent. You can then concentrate on solving the problem and not have to worry about moderating a few hundred "pirate based" queries and damnations.oh, and you don't need full names (as if that was going to solve anything anyway).

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I don't think that's it, I've done several flights where I did not fill in any destination info other than the arrival airport, and I've not had any VNAV issues.
Oh. Well, I'll see on the return flight what happens. I did not follow the tutorial very closely, to be honest, so I'll do that next time.Plane landed safely, but ATC almost completely screwed it up by letting me fly into the ILS signal way too high. Had to correct that. Default ATC is more than enough for my needs, but sometimes I wonder what the hell it is doing. I do have PFE, but I'm way too lazy to start founding out how it all works.Scott: I fully agree. I remember the flood of repaints and the huge excitement that followed the iFly 737NG for FS2004 release. I have seldom seen such a positive atmosphere at product support forums. Definetely a great community. Nice, humble and modest, and always eager to help.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

going to have to run FSX in windowed mode?
Go to the iFly support forum where there is a fix for this.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Hi,Go and get it, she is available via the forum.
Great 737 looks like a lot of fun :-)

André

Default ATC is more than enough for my needs, but sometimes I wonder what the hell it is doing. I do have PFE, but I'm way too lazy to start founding out how it all works.
You should give Radar Contact a whirl, it works in much the same way as the default ATC so there is nothing to figure out, but it does vectoring a lot better than the default ATC.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

That's crazy looking at your rigLook at my spec below. I get over 30% better fps than you quote.Do have a shed load of services running in the background?
No Phil, I have only 35 services running in the background I think this is not much for Win7 Ultimate.Even in outside view, frames of MD11 with HD textures are much better. With every other complex a/c I get nearly all the time 30 fps and smooth flights, hence I don't understand what is wrong with my system, because I also don't read something about such massive framedrops with iFly in other forums.

Guest firehawk44
I thought it was OrbX, but since he was flying in Canada and OrbX mostly does the USA and AU, I didn't think it could be OrbX scenery. Coverage of Canada isn't that big, anyway. I understand that it is OrbX, then?Doing my first iFly 737NG flight: ESSA to ENBR with a SAS 737-600. All seems to be going well, except that for some reason the FMC doesn't calculate the speeds and altitudes, and so I can't use VNAV. I don't care too much, to be honest, just wondering what could have gone wrong since I filled out the entire PERF INIT page. Must say I'm not a fan of the 737's engine soudns though. They are high and squeeky. I like the low rumbling of the 767's and 747's GE and PW engines better.
I programmed the FMC for the first time yesterday from KSEA to CYVR and recall the speeds and altitudes not being shown until I went to the Dep/Arr page and entered an arrival runway (this can be changed enroute if ATC wants you to land on another runway). Also make sure no discontinuity in the Legs page and make sure you have activated the changes as I found the activation light is white and sometimes hard to see. Anyway, the FMC worked flawlessly for my short flight and I thought the FMC performed better than any other commercial aircraft FMC I have installed. But it was only one flight so time will tell. Best regards,Jim

No Phil, I have only 35 services running in the background I think this is not much for Win7 Ultimate.Even in outside view, frames of MD11 with HD textures are much better. With every other complex a/c I get nearly all the time 30 fps and smooth flights, hence I don't understand what is wrong with my system, because I also don't read something about such massive framedrops with iFly in other forums.
Did you follow their installation instruction to the letter?

Was reading somewhere there is an add on sound pack for this plane? Where would I get it? Is it on their support forums?

Was reading somewhere there is an add on sound pack for this plane? Where would I get it? Is it on their support forums?
A tip for you guys is that free sound gauge for the iFly, adding some nice clicksounds and e. g. ones for the wipers. See details and a video here (registered forums section) and get the nice thing here. Easy installation and 100% function so far. Now works in FS9 and FSX.

Good thing this thread is here. Never made front page of Avsim. Simflight announced it on theirs. One wonders if avsim got the press release....

Eric 

Good thing this thread is here. Never made front page of Avsim. Simflight announced it on theirs. One wonders if avsim got the press release....
I usually get all press releases sent into my inbox, even though I am not the one to put them up. From what I remember, I didn't get a press release stating the release.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

The Poseidon adventure: Did this repaint for a laugh, of course with a standard 800 there is only so much you can do, had to blag the antennas with textures. If anyone wants it, I'll bang it up to the file library:poseidon.jpg'And if you look out of the left window, you can see our missiles...'Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Yes I use Radar Contact 4 for all my ATC. Its 100 times better than the default once you learn to use it. It also allows you to fly SIDs and STARS. And can be set to give Holdings patterns. All good practice. Will take you many flights to get used to it but when you do you will not live without it. Just%20Kidding.gif

The Poseidon adventure: Did this repaint for a laugh, of course with a standard 800 there is only so much you can do, had to blag the antennas with textures. If anyone wants it, I'll bang it up to the file library:'And if you look out of the left window, you can see our missiles...'Al
LOL, priceless :(

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg