Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

iFly 737 Has Been Released

I bought the ifly FSX. I was not for me. I returned it day one:( I think the FS9 looks better than the FSX VC. I was expecting improved textures in the VC to take advantage of the FSX engine. Did not like the blue window frames and brown interior sidewalls. Maybe it was my set-up, who knows. The FS9 version did not have quite the same and perhaps looked a little better in that regard. The displays are clear however. I also had some pretty bad fps issues on a decent system. Their support and staff over at Flight 1 seem great though! It seems like a good bird from a systems point of view.I am hands down waiting for the PMDG NGX now however. This bird is built for FSX and the VC shows it with the textures and added window stickers etc etc. There is a long list of nice visual stuff in the VC. I have compared their vc to real shots and they got it hands down. I am into real looking VC's:) I like the darker cockpit textures they switched too. FSX sometimes has a wash-out effect on the VC when sun sets flying certain directions etc, so I am confident pmdg have worked this out brilliantly with the darker set:)I have always said both products are good. Just get what suits you:)Check this out: Just a different perspective for the vc.http://forum.avsim.n...ised-vc-images/

Simon

If it was in fact an intended jab, GOOD on you IFLy, it most definetly means your already a high end fs add-on developer.I really dont like the "this company, that company" threads, they are really ridiculous, If the Ifly 737 for fsx is anything like the fs9 version, which Im thinking probably better, then i can assure that it is an in depth 737 sim. As Im sure that PMDG's will also be a very in depth 737 sim, so lets all just be happy.P.S Imagine being stuck with deafult aircraft only :( Wait a second, there was a time when default was all that was available :( :(

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

Are people surprised this addon is buggy?Despite any beta testing that takes place it is Inevitable that bugs will not be detected. This is a fact of life.Im not surprised there is the odd defect particularly as this addon is only hours old. The developer will I presume aim to resolve these bugs with future service packs.I would wager that even the pmdg 737 will have some defects. It seems that as this add-on is produced by a new developer it is easy to benchmark it to pmdg. Yet I suspect pmdg would not receive the same criticisms for it's imperfections. Perhaps it would be better to assess this on it's own merits rather than something that has yet to be realised.I recall aerosoft receiving heavy criticism for it's airbus despite this being a huge step ahead of any previous attempt.Perhaps our expectations are way ahead of what is reasonable from this hobby. If perfection is the key hell why don't we study to be a real world pilot lol.Tom

Tom

Why not read some useful tips and tricks - http://forum.avsim.n...22#entry1965722

I bought the ifly FSX. I was not for me. I returned it day one:( I think the FS9 looks better than the FSX VC. I was expecting improved textures in the VC to take advantage of the FSX engine. Did not like the blue window frames and brown interior sidewalls. Maybe it was my set-up, who knows. The FS9 version did not have quite the same and perhaps looked a little better in that regard. The displays are clear however. I also had some pretty bad fps issues on a decent system. Their support and staff over at Flight 1 seem great though! It seems like a good bird from a systems point of view.I am hands down waiting for the PMDG NGX now however. This bird is built for FSX and the VC shows it with the textures and added window stickers etc etc. There is a long list of nice visual stuff in the VC. I have compared their vc to real shots and they got it hands down. I am into real looking VC's:) I like the darker cockpit textures they switched too. FSX sometimes has a wash-out effect on the VC when sun sets flying certain directions etc, so I am confident pmdg have worked this out brilliantly with the darker set:)I have always said both products are good. Just get what suits you:)Check this out: Just a different perspective for the vc.http://forum.avsim.n...ised-vc-images/
So you returned it after a whole day? Well at least you were able to - try doing that when PMDG release their NGX.

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

So you returned it after a whole day? Well at least you were able to - try doing that when PMDG release their NGX.
Yes, it was a decision I had to make. I have just finished university and am waiting to start my full time job next month, so finances and time are tight. So I would rather get something I can learn and use and like from the start as this will be the first complex airliner add-on I actually use, so I have a lot to learn in little time:) I am pretty confident I will be happy with the pmdg...they have no return policy, so I better be:)

Simon

as this will be the first complex airliner add-on I actually use,
HelloIf your are not familiar with complex airliner addons you really cannot judge a product on one days useYou had 30 days and that might just have been enough to put this one through its paces.

I just gave the iFly back to the owners. Too buggy for me I SHALL wait for the PMDG. Patiently. Is a 737 suppose to sound like a Hoover vacuum cleaner?
The plane is hardly 'buggy' - I have both the FS9 and FSX versions and have experienced no bugs. So far, reading the support forum I have seen two items that qualify as bugs - an incorrect sound config file in the 600 - 700 and some (few) users having problems with the menus in full screen mode (fixed today) and some complaints regarding low frame rates in the VC (which may or may not be a bug) when the mouse is on-screen; oddly enough, my experience is that the plane is always smooth regardless of the displayed frame rate... Incidently, I run with complex add-ons and heavy AI. Most problems I've read are the result of bad installations (failure to read the directions), odd or incorrect system setups, and lack of user knowledge. The staff is always on hand, unfailingly polite, and able and willing to provide help/fixes as required.Just as a side note: I also have, and enjoy, every plane that PMDG produces except for the JS41. I expect to buy the NGX on release and enjoy it too.DJ

Chapstick: I see you are also completely missing the point of this discussion. It's not about the product ITSELF.
Oh please, I'm not missing anything. I know exactly what you're saying.

It seemed the right thing to do in my situation at the moment. I will have more time to spend in a couple of months on learning most of the stuff needed for a complex add-on. Starting a busy job, so need to focus on that with some play in between:)

Simon

Against my better judgement, I'll offer my own thoughts to this thread. And to state right up front, I've purchased the iFly 737 for FSX and intend to purchase the PMDG 737NGX, hopefully soon. I regret the us-vs-them tone of this thread and the product bashing that's been going along with it.I've bought and used extensively the PMDG MD-11 and BAe JS4100, the QW 757, the CS 727 and 757, and the feelThere ERJ and E-Jets...I know, I know...I'm hopeless and can't help myself when presented with such toys. With some experience with those under the belt, I like this new iFly bird a lot. I haven't experienced the issues that some have and in any event am confident that iFly and Flight1 will take care of those quickly. Their forums and service are stellar...I'm very, very impressed.I find the VC and external textures easily on par with the QW product and perhaps even a bit better, approaching the PMDG 4100. The iFly 737 VC is much better than the PMDG MD-11, but that comparision is a bit unfair, given the strides made in 3D computer modeling since the MD-11 release. The iFly 737's level of systems complexity, including the FMS, is terrific and exceeds that of all the others with the exception of the PMDG MD-11...plenty to keep me immersed. I'm just getting started with the iFly 737 and have completed only one full flight...it was fantastic, and everything worked as expected, right up to and including disengaging the AP at 500 AGL to handfly the completion of an ILS approach to rwy 19C at KIAD. A head's up -- some of the problems reported in the iFly forums I suspect are due to user error and a failure to RTFM -- this bird seems a bit more realistic than some of the heavy metal I've been flying and thus requires a bit of careful study of the manuals. An example...some users reported problems with AP/LNAV disconnects while in flight or on the climb out. The docs state that before engaging the AP, one must trim out the bird so that there's no pressure on the controls. Now, I have no idea if that's "realistic" or not, but I found that when I paid attention to the docs, I had no problems with the AFDS on the iFly 737....it's fun to fly.Finally, the Flight1 30-day money back guarantee has got to be one fo the best deals in the flight sim biz....you should take full advantage of it and try out the iFLy 737.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Thanks for the video dude!Please balance the audio though bout blew me out of my house when you went to the external view!

Thanks for the video dude!Please balance the audio though bout blew me out of my house when you went to the external view!
biggrin.gif I was thinking the same thing the first time I watched it, I should have posted a warning about the external audio.

MrSpeaker,Are those custom views cameras that you added to the model? If so, can you post the script? :Whistle:Very nice!

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Excellent vid. Very tempted, having watched that. Thanks for posting.Also: was that "bump" on landing EZDOK? It worked well, I thought.

Paul Skol