Sign in to follow this  
pao

good throttles ?

Hello,I am looking at a good throttle for FSX. I already have a Logitech Extreme 3D pro which is I think one the best joysticks around (good resistence, not too loose like the X52 or G940 which have been using both in the past). Now I am just looking at throttles and am hesitating between the Saitek and CH products ones ?Thanks, Greg

too much, too soon....

Hello,I am looking at a good throttle for FSX. I already have a Logitech Extreme 3D pro which is I think one the best joysticks around (good resistence, not too loose like the X52 or G940 which have been using both in the past). Now I am just looking at throttles and am hesitating between the Saitek and CH products ones ?Thanks, Greg
While I don't personally own the Saitek I highly advise not to buy it. Interestingly enough you are talking about joysticks being loose or resistant (which are important properties for me as well), and I can say the Saitek, especially the quadrant, has a pronounced cheap, plastic like feel to it. You should get a grip on it in a store whenever you can and get your own opinion though.No comment on the CH as I've never touched it, unfortunately.On an off-topic comment, the best feel for a joystick is still the good old Thrustmaster... although I haven't had the chance tried it in action, just had it in my hands at the store. I know it has its issues - but the feel is far superior to anything I've ever tried. I wish they had a civilian version of the Warthog haha.sig.gif

Hello,I have experience with both CH and Saitek yoke and throttles.The CH products went out of the door because the yoke was pretty bad.Then I bought a Saitek yoke-and-throttle and an extra throttle quadrantThe Saitek yoke is much better then the CH yoke.The Saitek throttle is also better then the CH throttle because the levers are longer and have a longer "travel". Meaning you have much more feeling and precision.Now I have to agree with Etiennes remark that the Saitek throtlle have a cheep feeling (CH throttle is even worse) but I solved that:I the extra throttle quadrqnt package there is a bracket which you can move over 4 throtlles to "fix" them together. I cut this bracket in half and put both sides over 2 throtlle levers, configuring only 1 throttle out of 2 per engine.The feeling is much tougher and thus less plastic-like. I'm quit happy with it.Bert Van Bulck

I have the saitek yoke and throttle. The yoke is great but the throttles have just lost their accuracy now. I have had them for 2 years and i get terrible spiking, and incorrect readouts (throttle handle is only about a quarter of the way but in the sim will spike up to three quarters and sit there). Seems the CH ones might have a similar issue. The only one i can find that looks hard wearing is the GoFlight TQ8, wish i could afford it.

While I don't personally own the Saitek I highly advise not to buy it. Interestingly enough you are talking about joysticks being loose or resistant (which are important properties for me as well), and I can say the Saitek, especially the quadrant, has a pronounced cheap, plastic like feel to it. You should get a grip on it in a store whenever you can and get your own opinion though.No comment on the CH as I've never touched it, unfortunately.On an off-topic comment, the best feel for a joystick is still the good old Thrustmaster... although I haven't had the chance tried it in action, just had it in my hands at the store. I know it has its issues - but the feel is far superior to anything I've ever tried. I wish they had a civilian version of the Warthog haha.sig.gif
Speak for yourself sir.I owned CH stuff for years, and they're the ones that feel cheap.Saitek is made with metal parts, something CH can't claim. The plastic is industrial heavy grade.I highly advise that if you want the best bang for your money, Saitek is in the sweet spot with quality vs price paid.Saitek isn't meant to be a true replica. For what it's designed to do and how it feels, it's worth it.

Speak for yourself sir.I owned CH stuff for years, and they're the ones that feel cheap.Saitek is made with metal parts, something CH can't claim. The plastic is industrial heavy grade.I highly advise that if you want the best bang for your money, Saitek is in the sweet spot with quality vs price paid.Saitek isn't meant to be a true replica. For what it's designed to do and how it feels, it's worth it.
Of course you are entitled to your opinion. As I pointed out I could not even compare to the CH ones but the prevailing opinion in this thread seems to confirm what you say. Still the Saitek one would not do for me at all which is why I have not purchased any seperate quadrant so far. Not exactly sure where the Saitek one has the metal though, are you talking about outside, visible parts? I'd be glad to know what these are. I'm not saying their material isn't sturdy in terms of durability, I just find (which is completely subjective, admitted) they have no sturdy feeling to them at all when you operate them. Yet they might be alright for their bucks, point taken.sig.gif

I have the Saitek X-52 and have had it for a number of years without any problems whatsoever... besides my wife trying to get me to get off the flight simulator!

Not to hijack or anything, but it is a long these same lines, A lot of people say saitek yoke is better, I have the CH and wonder weather it would be worth it to switch. I have the CH yoke and pedals no throttle but would love to get one and might before the NGX comes out. My only problem with the CH is both the yoke and pedals have a little bit of a zone in the middle that you dont really get any response in and then there is a notch kind of feel then you start to get response, not just smooth right when you start moving it, that is both with the yoke and pedals and on the yoke it is both elevator and aileron controlls. does the saitek have that or is it smooth even right at the beginning?Thanks for any advice.Richard GLatter

Have both. CH and Saitek Yokes, Throttles and rudder pedals. The CH ones are in the storage closet. Love the Saitek. The Throttles in particular are much sturdier than CH. My CH ones got sloppy and loose within 2 years.

A little expensive!
yes they are, and I would love to have the money to get that serious. LOL.gif

Revolution Simproducts Motorized throttle! The best you will find. Love mine!

How about Throttletek?ThrottletekI have not yet got this throttle but have read good things about it. This of course is for those like me that can't afford the ~$2000US for a revolution simproduct.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Very interesting!....They sell for ~650 USD I believe..jen noulet