Sign in to follow this  
Tristan Marchent

System and Overclocking

Yes, but pulling air in is Cosair's recommended installation.
Can't quite understand that one :( . Once the air has entered, it then absorb's the heat generated. If you don't get rid of it, then it has to add to your temps.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

CPU temps are critical to the water temp in the head of the cooler, pulling cooler air in is the recommened and best way to cool the rad. The air in the case might be warmer but who cares if the ambient air in the case is a few decrease higher, that has no negative affect on the CPU.

-Iain Watson-

thanks my friend !What is your vcore?
Around 1.35 at load. Otherwise down to below 1.0v. I did not manually touch any vcore settings. Luckily my mobo does everything for me :-). Just raised the multi and that's it. Love Asus for such an easy system

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Can't quite understand that one :( . Once the air has entered, it then absorb's the heat generated. If you don't get rid of it, then it has to add to your temps.
Not always, but typically when someone goes to the trouble of installing a liquid CPU cooler there will be other fans also present in the case. If you have the cooler set as intake, it's typically just a matter of reversing another 1 or 2 fans from intake to exhaust. You still have to consider the general flow inside the case for the heatsinks on the motherboard, but that's a non-issue in most gaming cases due to their flexibility in fan locations.

Hey guys as we are talking about system and OC'ing i was wondering how long should i run prime95 to make sure my system is stable enough to run fsx. i have a P8P67 i5 2500k OC'ed to 4.8ghz. i ran prime 95 last night and i got 1 error 0 warning after 7hours and 6 min what you think? keeping in mind that my system is just for simming and checking my emails etcc...vcore is 1.36 by the way
You want zero errors with P95/OCCT/Intel Burn Test - http://majorgeeks.com/IntelBurnTest_d5987.htmlMy 2500k won't go past 4GHz... I believe the motherboard is holding me back... but I am stable with tests at 4GHz so that's where I'll remain until I get a new mobo or new CPU.I tested P95 for 12-ish hours. I ran 10 runs on high of IBT, and OCCT half a day. Error free. Sometimes I still get CTD's with FSX though - FSX is a different beast.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

You want zero errors with P95/OCCT/Intel Burn Test - http://majorgeeks.co...Test_d5987.htmlMy 2500k won't go past 4GHz... I believe the motherboard is holding me back... but I am stable with tests at 4GHz so that's where I'll remain until I get a new mobo or new CPU.I tested P95 for 12-ish hours. I ran 10 runs on high of IBT, and OCCT half a day. Error free. Sometimes I still get CTD's with FSX though - FSX is a different beast.
There is something seriously wrong with your CPU, Motherboard or RAM. 4Ghz is a terrible OC for a 2500k. I haven't seen one that doesn't reach 4.8Ghz at 1.4v. Most will do a little more at 1.5v.

-Iain Watson-

There is something seriously wrong with your CPU, Motherboard or RAM. 4Ghz is a terrible OC for a 2500k. I haven't seen one that doesn't reach 4.8Ghz at 1.4v. Most will do a little more at 1.5v.
My config is an i5 2500k OCed at 4.8ghz and a vcore of 1.36v passed intelburntest and prime 95Kaman BA

my motherboard (Gigabyte X58A-UD3R rev2) is holding m back too :( . I can get a nice stable 3.5ghz on my 950 but if I go over 145 BLCK a warning light comes on that according to the manual is a light for indicating the Motherboard chipset is over 80C. This cant be healthy surely? I clock it back below 145 and the light goes green. Ive tried pointing a fan in the general area around the CPU to push air over the mainboard but no matter what the light stays on. The case im using has a 200mm fan on the top and 2 fans pulling air through the radiator for the fluid/water cooler.PS at 3.5ghz the CPU stays at around 65C on Prime 95 . I would love to get it upto the usual 4ghz that other people seem to manage. Have a very stable 80+ 600w OCZ power supply.Any tips?

My config is an i5 2500k OCed at 4.8ghz and a vcore of 1.36v passed intelburntest and prime 95Kaman BA
Congrats. Great news maybe I should go for the magic 4.8 too. Maybe once the ngx is out. Did you change any memory settings manually?

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Guest Tamadeez

Oh my lord I decided to install fsx on my old 1ghz celeron, 128mb ram with an invisible graphics card. And I'm getting 200+FPS with complex scenery and traffic. YES I AM BORED

Ordered my Corsair H50 Today :D Fingers crossed for tomorrow delivery :D :D

Best Regards,
Tristan Marchent - UK fATPL(A) - EMB 195 First Officer

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU

You should have no problems fitting it my H70 was a doddle.

The Corsair H50 came yesterday and I have just finished installing it in!!Idle temps are 30-35C now :D Thanks Guys!

Best Regards,
Tristan Marchent - UK fATPL(A) - EMB 195 First Officer

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU

There you go new you would like it, now a little overclocking and your on your way, good luck. :( Rich

Rich Sennett