Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG 737NGX Pricing and Availability

If I may say this without getting attacked: The way I see it, you are not releasing the 737 series on August 4th. You are releasing half of it. Those of us who are die-hard Southwest fans have to pay the modest 69.99$, wait 4-8 more weeks, and pay another 24.99.$. I had assumed that will all the time it has spent in development, you would be able to release the complete package up front. I guess I was wrong.
So it would be better to release the aircraft in 1 or 2 years so that you can get your full package with a price tag of 200$ ?I think the actual situation is much better ... get it now and only those you need/can afford ...

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

If I may say this without getting attacked: The way I see it, you are not releasing the 737 series on August 4th. You are releasing half of it. Those of us who are die-hard Southwest fans have to pay the modest 69.99$, wait 4-8 more weeks, and pay another 24.99.$. I had assumed that will all the time it has spent in development, you would be able to release the complete package up front. I guess I was wrong.
Hey Collin. There are many more airlines out here than Southwest. I am not sure why people get SO hung up on a particular airline. Besides, the 800 is the best one in the lineup anyway when it comes to best bang for the buck for airlines.JackColwill

LMAO nice one EV! Too funny. Yeah,Ryan, you gotta keep this guys post. I just read it a second time and I think I laughed even harder than the first!JackColwill
the best part was when he said "ifly is better than you anyway" really? if so why even bother caring if pmdg releases a fs9 version... what a looser

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

That's an awful lot of negative assumption there for a product you haven't seen. I've never seen the NGX get down to 10FPS and my system is quite similar to yours. I run with an external FPS limiter at 40 and I usually get that unless we're talking about some of the worst possible situations you can throw at FSX. (which will slow it down even with default airplanes)Our EGPWS has basically no performance hit - I'm not sure where you're getting that assumption from, we went to great lengths to optimize how it reads in the terrain data.The Maddog you mention does not have the best looking or performing VC (one of its only flaws honestly, we're huge fans of it otherwise) - you really do need to see what we've accomplished here with this product for yourself before you deem FS9 and 2D panels "maximum reality" I think...
Which limiter to you use?

Thanks, Matt  -|-  Win 10 Pro 64, 7820X @ 4.6Ghz, Corsair H115i, Asus Strix X299, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance, MSI RTX 2080ti, Samsung C49RG90, CH Pedals, Saitek Yoke, Aviator Joystick & 2x Throttles, TrackIR, VRinsight MCP Combo, XP11, P3D v3.4 & v4.5 Pro and way too many add-ons to mention! Simming since '95. Flying since '98.

Well, we diehard Southwesters can fly the -800 in March! :PConsidering I thought the package would include the 6, 7, 8 and 9 and be $110, this is still cheaper than I had assumed.Are you ever going to hop in to our IRC channel / Mumble server and officially fly with us?
That would mean I have to install IRC lol don't you guys use Skype or anything? Or if you join the vatsim ZMP TS server I'm on there often as well...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Robert, Ryan, and Team, It has been an experience hanging on all of the updates. Your company's reputation has gained you a HUGE following in the airliner sim market. I have all of the PMDG aircraft from FS9 as well. I am hopeful that after all of the Team's 18+ hour days that the financials are going to reward your company hugely, but I know that it is the love of what you do that has kept PMDG around, what is it now?, 14 years! I wish you and your team continued success on the 777 project, and look forward to flying the NGX without violating any FAR's.

There is nothing that I can say that hasn't already been said. I'll say it again anyway. THANK YOU! The pricing is excellent, and the packages will be complete.As for which packages I will buy: Obviously the base pack (duh), but also the 6700 and ER. I personally don't have an interest in the BBJ or MIL versions. Again thank you and godspeed!

I tend format every few months... Will that cause any activation errors when reinstalling the NGX?Well maybe every 6 or so...
Don`t worry in the least. I installed on about 6 machines since 2009 and recently found I couldn`t reinstall the J41, though the 747 was ok. A simple email and all was quickly sorted, then my reinstall began. I was told it wouldn`t be a problem unless I swapped machines again, I usually have 5-7 computers here though none are ultra powerful and the software only goes on my main machine. I gave 2 computers away to friends in the past who had a fault on theirs and 1 to my brother so a spare is always good. Then I got a CPU cheaply, had the right mobo and formatted my main machine drive again. Reinstall was no problem, though I did email PMDG to tell them I swapped, even though the reinstall didn`t present a problem-I wanted the change on record and the reason why. Be up front with PMDG and they`re brilliant with you.In your case, sorry about the long winded explanation above, all you`re doing is wiping the drive, rather than changing hardware. That should not present a problem and as you can see from the above you now have an example to go by. I too format at least every 6 months and never had a problem with any supplier at all. Just make sure you archive the installation file and textual copies of any emails. Then weeks/months later if you forget you have the full details in front of you. Keep them separate from your install drive, on a disk or an external drive. Have fun and enjoy, don`t worry PMDG are reputable and ok to get on with.Steve Brooks

I agree, its a fair price! But not 'soo cheap' as some of you guys are saying. Maybe if you have a full time job, but for me (and many of us) as students it isn't really cheap. But, its more than worth it and i'm buying it on the release date for sure! Big%20Grin.gif

How will "Subject to interest" be determined for the P-8 and BBJ's?Phil Stephens

Phil Stephens

i7 9700 3.00GHz | 16GB DDR4 | NVIDEA GTX1600 Ti  6GB | Win 10 x64

Sounds great to me! Sign me up for the 6/7/BBJ/P8 as well!! :(

the price is great. cant wait to buy it. i have 2 questions:- can someone tell me/us the performace compared md11 that i own?- any chance for a small pacth after the 737 development for put the glasses inside the md11 3d cockpit? my system is:- q9650 (oc to 4.1ghz)- 4gb 1200 g.skill- gtx 285thx in advanced

***********************The following was already mentioned in the "PMDG 737NGX Pricing and Availability" post:PMDG 737NGX PACKAGES:=====================PMDG 737NGX Base Package: $69.99* ETA: On/Before 04AUG11 Contains the 737-800/800WL, 737-900/900WLPMDG 737NGX 6700 Package: $24.99 ETA: 4-8 weeks after base Contains the 737-600, 737-700/700WLPMDG 737NGX ER Package: TBA ETA: 4-8 weeks after 6700 Contains the all 737ER variants.PMDG 737NGX BBJ Package: TBA ETA: TBA Subject to interest Contains BBJ/BBJ2 variants.PMDG 737NGX Mil Package: TBA ETA: TBA Subject to interest Contains the P-8 and "Wedgetail" variants.You will notice that I have placed an asterisk after the $69.99 price for the base package. This is an initial release price that will be available until the release of the first expansion pack (1-2 months after the base package release.) ***********So, just wondering, what is in the expansion pack?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Is there going to be some sort of demo version, because I would really like to know if my rig can "cut" it before I buy it.