Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

PMDG 737NGX Livery Availability

SRAces, since not everyone has the -600/-700 expansion, it would be best if you do the -800WL just because then everyone will have access. Meanwhile, nobody from support has replied to my emails in 5 days and I don't know if I'll ever get the NGX to even activate... any help please go on my other forum post.

-Jeremy Chesney

SRAces, since not everyone has the -600/-700 expansion, it would be best if you do the -800WL just because then everyone will have access. Meanwhile, nobody from support has replied to my emails in 5 days and I don't know if I'll ever get the NGX to even activate... any help please go on my other forum post.

-Jeremy Chesney

Jeremy,

I'll keep the -800 in mind when I get to that point. I have a lot more experience in the -700 than the -800 paintkit, but let's wait and see what happens. Sorry to hear about your lack of support with your issue. Have you submitted a formal suport inquiry at this location? http://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/Default.aspx . I would think you might get quicker help there than here in the forums for that type of issue.

Yes I have tried that option, however, they got to me but none of the hot fixes worked. Now they want to do teamviewer, and I sent them the details and they haven't helped me in 5 days, it is honestly irritating beyond belief.

-Jeremy Chesney

I've had that livery on my personal "to do" list for quite some time. I have the Cathay Pacific and another request at the front of my list right now. Let me see how difficult the tail graphic is going to be. If it's doable, I'll do one of the 2 models with winglets.

Steve,

That would be fantastic. I look forward to seeing your efforts bear fruit! Thank you for adding it to your to do list and giving it a try. Nice work, by the way.

I don´t want to open up a new thread. I´m very much struggling with painting the "PMDG_NGX_VC_N_Number" and the "equipment_decal". Is there any magic trick to get this working? I can not edit myself, I never get rid of the old registration or name. Kinda frustrating.... help is very much appreciated!

I don´t want to open up a new thread. I´m very much struggling with painting the "PMDG_NGX_VC_N_Number" and the "equipment_decal". Is there any magic trick to get this working? I can not edit myself, I never get rid of the old registration or name. Kinda frustrating.... help is very much appreciated!

What you need is a new Alpha Channel. Just CTRL click on the thumbnail of your new VC number in the layers panel to make a selection. Then go to your channel panel and click on the white square with the cirkel in it called "Save selection as Channel". Now you got a new Alpha channel (alpha 2). Then you just delete the old alpha channel (alpha 1).

Then you go Image - Image rotation - Flip canvas vertical.. And safe as DDS.

The same for the equipment_decal. and if i remember, the wing decals too.

Hope that helps :)

If you use Photoshop...let me know and I will post the steps here that I use. My steps are simple and work every time.

Steve:

I am also interested in your process for the equipment decal. I will be using Photoshop. My specific question is related to using a bmp or jpeg logo file.

Thanks

Bill

Steve:

I am also interested in your process for the equipment decal. I will be using Photoshop. My specific question is related to using a bmp or jpeg logo file.

Thanks

Bill

I played around with the equipment early on, but haven't done much with them. I just let the default PMDG ones work for me. I guess if I were a purist, I'd be painting the equipment for each bird and adding them into the ptp files. :P So I don't have a process for that arena...yet.

Chris Hicks (Jokers Wild) probably has the most experience with the equipment (painting them and adding logos). Maybe Chris will interact and provide his expertise in that area.

Steve that would be great, and yes I´m using PS CS5. Lets give it a shot

Hey folks,

Does anyone know what happened to the lovely TAAG Angola 737-700 I saw posted in this thread a week or so ago? Haven't seen it in the AVSIM library yet.

Thanks.

Hey there Bill,

I took some screen shots for you because I'm bad at trying to explain things. This is how I do the equipment decals:

When you open the file in the paint kit, it looks like this

Untitled-2.jpg

I erase it with the eraser tool. Then bring up the "channels" tab and select the alpha channel

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

I use the paint brush and paint out the white area of the alpha layer with black

Untitled-4.jpg

Next, re select the RGB channel, go back to the layers pallet and paste in your new logo

Untitled-5.jpg

Once it is in place, ctrl-click on the logo's layer in the layers pallet to make a selection around the logo

Untitled-5.jpg

Now go back to the alpha channel in the channels pallet. You should see something like this

Untitled-6.jpg

Take a paint brush and white color and paint in the selected area

Untitled-7.jpg

Reselect the RGB layer, then flatten and save like normal.

Did that make any sense?

Chris Hicks