Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

RIP: David "Opa" Marshal

R.I.P Opa you will be very sadly missed by us all. Our thoughts are with your family .

Everytime I saw he made a post it was him trying to help out another member, class act all the way. RIP Opa

it is with tears in my eyes i write this: there goes a man with class and style...a role model for every flightsimmer and human...thanks Opa for ALL of your contributions!

A truly class act who was always willing to share whenever he could. What a loss for his family and his extended family here. My condolences to his loved ones.

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

Devastating news. He was everything anyone could ever hope to find in a fellow simmer. Mentor, instructor, but above all, a great, kind friend. His passing leaves an enormous void for his family and our community. My deepest sympathy to the Marshall family.

Quite a shock reading this earlier... Opa assisted me with various issues on a number of occasions, and I always found him to be kind, friendly and very helpful. The FS community has lost a great simmer; a pioneer in helping all of us get the most out of this hobby. My thoughts go out to all his friends and family. Alan sad.png

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Oh Geez, I am so very sorry to hear this. He was such an inspiration, as his enthusiasm and willingness to help anyone will be missed. My prayers go out to his family and loved ones.Rest in Peace OPA, and thank you for all your help through the years. Kind RegardsBob

Thoughtful kind and patient, ready to help, he will be missed in the virtual family of flight simmers. Condolences to family and friends. Phil Cornwall UK

Very sad.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

With tears in my eyes and a heavy heart i bid you farewell Opa. My deepest condolences to the Marshall family. Sincerely David

A sad loss for his family and our community. R.I.P. Mr. Marshal.Sincerely,Kail

Thanks for listening,

Kail

How sad to read of the passing of David "Opa" Marshal, I'm sure all our thoughts are with his family at this time. "Opa" to all of us was Mr Flight Sim, his constant help and advice was treasured, as were his Tips and Tricks articles. Each time he posted a letter on the Forum, his worldwide fan club would devour his knowledge, whether it be to the novice or expert simmer. He will be greatly missed but to many of us, he will live on in the flight simulation community. With deepest sympathy. Grant (Echofox)

Extremely Sad News. He was a great help to all of us in the Flight Sim Community. He was what every simmer aspired to. R.I.P Opa Regards, Aaron G.