Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

RIP: David "Opa" Marshal

It is with great sadness to inform you, that David Marshal (a.k.a. as "Opa") has passed away, after a heart attack last Thursday.His daughter Mary informed me of this, in reply to an Email I sent to David a few days ago.I'm sure many of you will be as shocked as I am.As you know probably know, David was a very knowledgeable and extremely helpfull member in the flightsim community.My deepest sympathy to David's family, and I wish them much strength in dealing with their awfull loss."Opa", RIP.You will be missed by many. Best regards,Rob Barendregt

That is sad news. The flight sim community has lost a great character, a family has too. sad.png My sincere condolences to them.

It is with great sadness to inform you, that David Marshal (a.k.a. as "Opa") has passed away, after a heart attack last Thursday.His daughter Mary informed me of this, in reply to an Email I sent to David a few days ago.I'm sure many of you will be as shocked as I am.As you know probably know, David was a very knowledgeable and extremely helpfull member in the flightsim community.My deepest sympathy to David's family, and I wish them much strength in dealing with their awfull loss."Opa", RIP.You will be missed by many. Best regards,Rob Barendregt
Sorry to hear that.Opa was always ready to help out.He will be sorely missed for sure. Vic

Guest firehawk44

That is truly sad news. He was a big help to many here on the AVSIM forums for many, many years, including me. My condolences and best regards to the family. Jim

A truely tragic loss - Opa was always willing and able to help any who needed it on any forum where he could be found. The FS world is poorer for his loss. DJ

A sobering and bittersweet time for us all as we remember a gentle man whose thoughtful comments and kind responses made those of us who are less technically adept feel better about ourselves as we enjoyed this hobby. David had a special gift for getting knowledge across without being pedantic or patronizing. I, along with many, will miss his guidance and reassurance. Our thoughts and prayers are certainly with his family. John

Opa was truly the original example of how the culture of AVSIM should be. Helpful, kind, enthusiastic and dedicated to the joy of flight sims. He was around this website for so long it will truly feel like a piece of AVSIM has been lost. RIP.

Very sad. He was a very active member of the forum, and always very helpful. RIP David, you will be missed by us all.

We never met, but I felt I knew him. The FS community has lost a knowledgable and ever helpful friend. His family is in my thoughts at this saddest of times.

Regards

Frank Jones

My thoughts and prayers go out to David's family for their loss. The flight simulation community has also lost a valuable asset and David will be sorely missed. Bob

Sad news indeed. Simmers will miss his contributions. My condolences to Davids family.

My condolences to David's family. This is a huge loss for this community and flight simming in general.

NAX669.png

Opa, Requiescat In Pace and my sincere condolences to the family. M.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy