Sign in to follow this  
Chrisjh999

FS9 best Commercial Jet add on ?

I would say the PSS Concorde simply because it takes you out of your comfort zone of conventionally powered and flown aircraft. Reheat required for take-off. Unique procedure for transonic flight. Unique cruise-climb procedure and approach speed of 190-160 without any flaps! You use the wing as an airbrake. cool.png Oh, and the small consideration that it can overtake a 747 faster than the 747's ground speed. No flight longer than 4 hours and a 4000 mile range. biggrin.png Just a pity you can buy it any more? Cry.gif

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I would say the PSS Concorde simply because it takes you out of your comfort zone of conventionally powered and flown aircraft. Reheat required for take-off. Unique procedure for transonic flight. Unique cruise-climb procedure and approach speed of 190-160 without any flaps! You use the wing as an airbrake. cool.png Oh, and the small consideration that it can overtake a 747 faster than the 747's ground speed. No flight longer than 4 hours and a 4000 mile range. biggrin.png Just a pity you can buy it any more? Cry.gif
Hello Rayluckily you can still buy it at Just Flight, a bargain at £12.00http://www.justflight.com/product.asp?pid=254

I always thought SSTsim's Concord was the best option for FS9 as it has a fully interactive VC unlike the PSS version... wacko.pngAfter SSTsim released theirs some years back many at the time dropped the PSS offering because key features weren't present. PSS did get one thing right and that was automating the fuel transfer during flight. SSTsim later adopted this feature with their updated version.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Hello Rayluckily you can still buy it at Just Flight, a bargain at £12.00http://www.justfligh...uct.asp?pid=254
MD , that's a bargain considering how many hours must have gone into its development. Thanks for pointing that out.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I always thought SSTsim's Concord was the best option for FS9 as it has a fully interactive VC unlike the PSS version... wacko.png
I won't get into the politics of which one was better. I consider them both excellent. The SST version may have been preferred by many but either version is excellent as a depiction of a unique aircraft. And bear in mind not everyone flies with the VC. wink.png
After SSTsim released theirs some years back many at the time dropped the PSS offering because key features weren't present. PSS did get one thing right and that was automating the fuel transfer during flight. SSTsim later adopted this feature with their updated version.
I've only flown the PSS version and that was enough of a steep learning curve. The VFE was a necessity due to the heavy work load. And I always thought PSS's panels were second to none in quality. Concorde was a superbly modelled aircraft by both SST and PSS. Applause.gif

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I've only flown the PSS Concorde too, haven't tried the SSTsim one. The PSS one was pretty good, I like it - difficult and challenging to master. Switch off the automatic fuel management and things become very interesting! ***************************** My favorite FS9 jet airliner - PT Tu-154M

I've only flown the PSS Concorde too, haven't tried the SSTsim one. The PSS one was pretty good, I like it - difficult and challenging to master. Switch off the automatic fuel management and things become very interesting! ***************************** My favorite FS9 jet airliner - PT Tu-154M
How I hate that Tupolew! Tried more than one hour to get the engines started but no avail. Pritty bad if you can´t even read what´s written in the flight deck.

How I hate that Tupolew! Tried more than one hour to get the engines started but no avail.
Some people call it challenge! cool.png PT Tu-154M is a fantastic addon. And very well documented.It could well be a highly-priced addon but remains free. What a deal!

PT Tu-154M is a fantastic addon. And very well documented.It could well be a highly-priced addon but remains free. What a deal!
Applause.gifApplause.gifApplause.gifApplause.gif
How I hate that Tupolew! Tried more than one hour to get the engines started but no avail. Pritty bad if you can´t even read what´s written in the flight deck.
I love the Tupolev! It just takes some studying - that's all. The English manual has all the information you need. After you've started her up a couple of times, you get used to the procedure and systems.gallery_158959_9_427049.jpg

You know, I always wondered why no one came out with a mod of the panel with something like label tape with the text in English over the Cyrillic labels. It'd be realistic, as well as easier for non-Cyrillic reading users.If only I had the time and knew how....;)

You know, I always wondered why no one came out with a mod of the panel with something like label tape with the text in English over the Cyrillic labels. It'd be realistic, as well as easier for non-Cyrillic reading users. If only I had the time and knew how....;)
The PT-TU-154 is certainly one of my all time favourite simulations. I will look into making an English version when I am back in 154 mode. Not speaking Russian should not stop anyone from the challenge of the PT-TU-154.

If you go to the forum, you will find a download for a pictorial start-up with every function numbered. If you can count, you'll start the T154M. :)

Dave Taylor gb.png

The ATR72 by flight1 with FS2Crew! This still seems to be one of the most challenging and busy in the cockpit!