Sign in to follow this  
N1G

"Shade" for FSX

Purchased and installed "Shade" using the "Mark's Final" setting and then set up an afternoon flight out of Orbx's Port Angeles, PNW, flying East. I tried it with and without my ENB setup and it looked amazing. I ended up flying mostly without the ENB, but I wish I could keep the ENB effects for the sun and clouds while removing it for the scenery. The ENB tends to add some "blurriness" throughout the scenery, cockpit and popup windows. Cockpit was a bit too dark when flying in certain directions (particularly towards the setting sun). Overall, "Shade" definitely makes a positive difference for me. Glad I picked it up.

Alexander Alonso

Hey guys. New here :D Just installed shade im wondering if somebody could help me please? 1. Ive noticed after installing my nice whit clouds also seem to have gained a shadow! ... They look as though its about to rain! .. Is there anyway to fix this? 2. Could somebody help me out in telling me how i get the shadows deeper\darker please? Thank in advance for any help :)

Hey guys. New here :D Just installed shade im wondering if somebody could help me please? 1. Ive noticed after installing my nice whit clouds also seem to have gained a shadow! ... They look as though its about to rain! .. Is there anyway to fix this? 2. Could somebody help me out in telling me how i get the shadows deeper\darker please? Thank in advance for any help :)
Steve has visited and posted a few times in this thread, can't think of it at the top of my head but he did mention the Shade GUI. Now having a look at it you will see "3D Object Lighting" where you can select your Light, Shadow and Fog, After selecting those values press "Save Day 1 to a Preset" and give it a name. Your preset will now be saved and all you have to do is press "Load Day 1 From a Preset", select the preset that you created and then finally press "Clone Day One." Shut the GUI down and launch Shade by pressing Shade_NL, remember to start FSX within 30 seconds or the preset will be lost and Shade will be unloaded.

\Robert Hamlich/

I kept forgetting to start FSX via the Shade shortcut so ended up just "burning in" the "Mark's Final" setting. I also ended up removing the ENB files. While I do miss the ENB effects on the clouds and sun, I appreciate the sharper looking ground scenery and cockpit fonts without it.Nice little program at a nice little price. ;)

Alexander Alonso

Hi! Don´t know if you guys have seen this? A little utility where you can check what day cycle you have to choose depending ofmonth, year and date. http://fsxtimes.word...e-day-of-shade/ Go to this page and save this URL to your deskboard. It´s this you need for this year.http://fsxtimes.tomandmiu.com/ I use FSX Defaults Presets for all days, d/l on there forums. Haven´t changed anythingand today the calender says I have to use day cycle 2 (oct 20) / Leffe

i have installed and load marks final, but i have seen no difference between with shade and without shade in LOWI in daytime.and i saw very dark textures when i launched via fps limiter.exe what is wrong with it? :S

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

Hi! Don´t know if you guys have seen this? A little utility where you can check what day cycle you have to choose depending ofmonth, year and date. http://fsxtimes.word...e-day-of-shade/ Go to this page and save this URL to your deskboard. It´s this you need for this year.http://fsxtimes.tomandmiu.com/ I use FSX Defaults Presets for all days, d/l on there forums. Haven´t changed anythingand today the calender says I have to use day cycle 2 (oct 20) / Leffe
Just keep in mind that when using REX it defaults to just one day selected. Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

i have installed and load marks final, but i have seen no difference between with shade and without shade in LOWI in daytime.and i saw very dark textures when i launched via fps limiter.exe what is wrong with it? :S
Hi Cenk... Try a different preset to see a greater difference during times around noon. 'Marks Final' has less impact on shadows during the day, but ramps-up the effect when the sun is lower in the sky... remember to 'Clone Day One' unless you use different presets or custom values for the full ten day cycle. Not sure why you should see any problems when launching via the FPS limiter, as it should not impact on the function of Shade in any way... use the Shade 'NL Launcher' when using the fps limiter to launch the sim, or 'Set and Forget' or changes will no occur.

Just keep in mind that when using REX it defaults to just one day selected. Mark.
And FEX

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

great stuff :) ... i've tried Mark's Final which works well except it seems a bit too dark at dawn and duskdoes anyone have a recommendation for a "set and forget" preset?

great stuff :) ... i've tried Mark's Final which works well except it seems a bit too dark at dawn and duskdoes anyone have a recommendation for a "set and forget" preset?
hey man you might want to check this "fix/mod" out http://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/2011/10/13/113-a-quick-fix-to-shade-darkness/ what he's basically suggesting here is to shift dawn one set earlier and dusk one set later making them a bit "lighter", and in turn extending the total time for noon. i would suggest making a backup of the original Mark's Final preset first however.

Luke Cerff

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

Just keep in mind that when using REX it defaults to just one day selected.Mark.
Not true if you meant only one shade effect could be resulted. Even you are using REX, you can still have 10 different presets loaded with Shade for FSX. Unless you use the [Clone Day One] function to make all 10 days the same.