Sign in to follow this  
clum

Flight project cancelled/on hold

But why would they release videos/screen shots on a regular monthly basis, and then just all of a sudden go silent?
I wouldn't be concerned yet. There was no news/updates between February and May and the last update was June, so if we don't get any new info by the end of this month, then I'll start to panic. LOL.gif

The only fact buried in this entire discussion is that nobody actually knows what's going on. From the peanut gallery,-Greg
Exactly, and IF somebody by what ever strech of the imagination did know something I'll bet you that he or she will not tell where the info he or she got come from (somebody from the inside pffff), they will not use their own computer (IP address) or e-mail address or personal phone for that matter, I mean how dum will that be...what they can do in the other hand (assuming that's possible) is to leave clues here and there on forums like Avsim just to see if peoples can put 2 & 2 together......I'm sure MS is still working on Flight....prozac somebody?? http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

I really think this post needs to be locked. Until we hear directly from Microsoft, everything here is just speculation with no basis of fact.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Why are some of you getting worried, they are on a vacation, guys it was just summer they are people too, they don't sit in the office all day, they would be back soon, I sent them feed back and what I got replied was that the secretary was on vacation till October 5 and she would reply then so I'm sure some of the others are on vacation like the person in charge of media,some of you should calm down,Flight would be released shortly so no needs to worry.

on vacation till October 5
Wow... that's what... 30+ days of vacation? I'm just sayin.... LOL

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Yeah they're just on "vacation" LMAO.gif

Matthew S

I really think this post needs to be locked. Until we hear directly from Microsoft, everything here is just speculation with no basis of fact.
hehe .... what a hasty proposal. Don't worry, just because people are saying its canceled wont make it come true...no need to lock the thread.

But why would they release videos/screen shots on a regular monthly basis, and then just all of a sudden go silent? Name of the game is to generate as much pre-release hype as possible, starting early. Again, I really I hope I'm wrong. But FSX is a very mature sim and could still last a long time, especially now that the hardware is available to get the most of out of it.
Well, your question and concern are both legitimate despite all those who are simply wishing into the wind here. While true that no one knows if Flight has been canceled, we can... as an educated group, look at the evidence we do have. Both from MS (and the lack of from MS too) as well as the general economic news that keeps coming out. The fact that MS was releasing info, pics, video et al then simply went quiet tells me there might be more to the story about a changing of the guard regarding the decision makers who oversee Flight. It would say that either something has shifted significantly enough for them to stop updates because they are now incorrect or inaccurate. Or the project has indeed gone cold. Companies are still hurting, one of the largest banks int he US just announced 30,000 jobs cuts today. Another is selling off a sizable stake in an investment house to free up much needed cash. And the US Economic outlook was revised lower for both 2011 and 2012 year again. Its not hard at all to see a reason or a hundred reasons why MS would cancel or kill off projects that won't generate adequate cash flows. And they don't necessarily need to be products that will show a loss, they could be products that will generate only slim profits too, it would make sense for them to kill of a project like that to focus much needed resources into games that are projected to show much higher profits. Everyone needs to look at the whole board and keep praying were wrong!
Why are some of you getting worried, they are on a vacation, guys it was just summer they are people too, they don't sit in the office all day, they would be back soon, I sent them feed back and what I got replied was that the secretary was on vacation till October 5 and she would reply then so I'm sure some of the others are on vacation like the person in charge of media,some of you should calm down,Flight would be released shortly so no needs to worry.
Were not like Europe where entire countries go on vacation at the same time... I know folks who work for companies larger than MS who haven't taken vacation in many, many years... Just because some secretary is on vacation has no bearing on the other unknown number of folks who are working on this project...
LOL... yeah here in the USA that's called either a layoff or Family or Medical Leave... not a vacation... LOL.gif

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

You all need to read back post # 201....seriously.....and follow the instructions on the prozac bottle...... shuuuut! don't say anything but MS in full mode development.....

Yeah, this topic really doesn't have a purpose anymore. Once Microsoft actually says something, we will know the truth.

Brandon Filer

Yeah, this topic really doesn't have a purpose anymore. Once Microsoft actually says something, we will know the truth.
HelloMight as well lock the forum then as everything here is just speculation, not just this post.

I wonder if MS pays overtime.I'd guess the Flight team is into very long hours right about now.Anyone interested should look up EA and the stink they had about overtime during crunches.That work is stressful, difficult, and has very long hours...vacations are well earned :)

70% of the threads dont have any real purpose .. cant lock them because you dont like them.

So long as the thread remains light hearted and fun, which it is, then it shouldn't be locked. There's nothing wrong with speculating; it's good entertainment. If you guys want to see speculation taken to absurd levels, this is all nothing. Go check out the iPhone 5 discussions.

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.