Sign in to follow this  
clum

Flight project cancelled/on hold

Looks great! I still can't help pondering whether it's simulates the whole word or just Hawaii.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

Here's a gold rope to hang yourself.Wait, you want platinum instead?Tough. You'll get over it!LMAO.gif

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Well guys the question is, is how will your reaction be if, in the future, you come to find out that FSX is it. It's the last sim that will be made of the PC. I think with the hardare catching up now, and with all the add-ons, it won't be that bad. Then, we can all get back to enjoy flight simulation again instead of being on this darn tread-mill. RH
What????? XP10 will release in a couple of months ... so cant be the last sim made for the PC

BUT Microsoft what about fixing the grossly over sized auto-gen houses we see in pic 3. Even the smallest houses we see in Flight (and FSX) are still the size of small double storey "warehouses".
Those ARE double story warehouses.

Cool I had emailed them about this topic today awesome glade there watching. thanks ms flight team! im Not Worthy.gif

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Those ARE double story warehouses.
How many warehouses have you seen with pitched roofs? Where are the single storey, regular sized houses with pitched roofs? Seemingly all cities in Flight consist only of warehouses and no regular sized houses, this gives a false sense of scale... just like in FSX! (Oh wait I forgot it is FSX "SP3")

Matthew S

The Folks At MS must have had a good laugh reading this thread.I hope this thread gets locked soon, it has outlived its usefulness..Edit: Anybody notice this "We hope you enjoy the improvements and stay tuned for additional updates coming next month"

What!!! you don't tell me....I just hate when peoples can't put 2 & 2 together......told you they were in full mode development......oh! that's right I forgot....nobody know anything about anything....more or less about Flight.....prozac somebody....Pffff

Oh wait I forgot it is FSX "SP3"
That, right there, says a lot about this community. Honestly, what do you expect from global/generic scenery? And yes, this thread has lived its life. The speculation has been put to rest by an official news update. I would say it's probably time to put it to rest. This thread will always be remembered. LMAO.gifLMAO.gifLMAO.gif

Brandon Filer

And yes, this thread has lived its life. The speculation has been put to rest by an official news update. I would say it's probably time to put it to rest. This thread will always be remembered. LMAO.gifLMAO.gifLMAO.gif
Yes the news update shows just how "lax" the Flight development effort is if after 3 months of silence there is nothing new or improved except for the softened cloud edges. And no, a few new/updated scenery models (ie the observatory) don't count as "news worthy". Come on Microsoft surely you have more news about the weather system enhancements than just "we designed Flight to avoid harsh edges where clouds intersect with terrain and scenery". I think also using the term "designed" is a little dishonest. Makes it sound like Flight is a new engine, designed/written from "scratch", which I and some others suspect (with a high degree of confidence given the screenshot evidence) is just not true. Frankly, a very poor effort at a news update. Please try harder next time. Rolling%20Eyes.gif Here's an example of how to do proper development updates http://www.x-plane.com/blog/And before you ask, no I am not a XP "######", I prefer FSX to XP9.

Matthew S

One of the most fumiest speculation thread in AVSIM history lol
Not really .. you can find the same thread during the development of FSX

I think also using the term "designed" is a little dishonest. Makes it sound like Flight is a new engine, designed/written from "scratch", which I and some others suspect (with a high degree of confidence given the screenshot evidence) is just not true.
You'r getting there Matthew, FSX SP3 repackaged with a new name, remember MS goal is to make money. As far as making Flight A1 on all level......ain't gonna happen...think about it just for a sec., if Flight was designed to be perfect (or near perfection) with the best weather engine, the best buildings, night texture, +++ what will be left for the dev.....and since we all know MS will have a market store for add-ons......a lot will be left to 3rd party developers, MS is focusing on fixing what was wrong BIG TIME with FSX's engine, to me I don't really care (no choice anyway) if the use the same engine as long as they are able to fix it to be able to use SLI to offload the CPU....that's where a lot of the performance will come from.

They've been teasing us. You know, like getting a dog to sit up and beg. And what do we do?

Mike Beckwith

Ha, what a massive entertaining thread! If anything, such a huge response should spur on those Microsoft guys all returning from their break to work their butts off over the winter!Like a few people have said, who cares in a way. My pc is running fsx so sweet now, it's like a new sim anyway. I've got a good few yrs to go before I go broke trying all the great sceneries. And all those amazing new a2a planes. Mussstaaannnnggggg!

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.