Sign in to follow this  
anton2110

IFLY 737 Rudder problems

HelloHere is a good reason why Companys have these policies and why most Avsim users (in this post) act the way they do.This was posted today at 9:55 over at Simflight, this is the type of simmer that wont register for support.He apparently buys some addons but does not mind a bit of "swapping". http://forum.simflig...at-to-buy-next/
Reading in that post, I couldn't believe he can buy product(s) that he doesn't even know what it is or who develop it...
What matters here is that the original poster, (who is a licensed user of the product), doesn't get his question answered and it appears that it's done on purpose. He is both directed and then redirected to another forum. Then I come along and ask why.
I direct him to iFly's forum because I believe he will get very fast supports over there. Besides, if this question is asked in iFly forums but get no support (I believe this never happen) or unsucessful to fix it (quite rare) then the whole point of this topic could be different. Anyway, he didn't tell us if he asked there or not. I did..once or twice have problems with iFly 737 and despite all the helps at iFly forum I still couldn't manage to fix it, so I posted my question here at avsim. But of course, I had to tell all about that so I don't have to be directed anywhere.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

What I do get is that I would not like to install something into my sim which could potentially make it have reduced frame rates, cause micro stutters, make square textures appear, or even crash. Now if $60.00 bucks is not one of the most expensive FS9 aircraft out there then point me in the direction of one that's much more.Also, do you think it's going to go down in price if no one steals it? Really...Mark

What I do get is that I would not like to install something into my sim which could potentially make it have reduced frame rates, cause micro stutters, make square textures appear, or even crash. Now if $60.00 bucks is not one of the most expensive FS9 aircraft out there then point me in the direction of one that's much more. Also, do you think it's going to go down in price if no one steals it? Really... Mark
Me too, I agree with you that by installing addons that I don't even know it and don't even know how good how bad it is, it's a risky action. But..we can always ask :) And 30 days money return couldn't harm you or your sim at all.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

You can always ask....And 30 days money return couldn't harm you or your sim at all.
Finally, a more reasonable response. What I'm hoping for is that when I do ask, I don't get my question bounced :)Mark

Finally, a more reasonable response. What I'm hoping for is that when I do ask, I don't get my question bounced :) Mark
We will still bounce you to the place where support is available.The iFly forum is the place to get support, not Avsim.If Avsim were the place we would've told you to go here from the start. I have incidentally not seen the OP's question at the iFly forum soI once again invite him to go overthere and be assisted. cheers JP.

Finally, a more reasonable response. What I'm hoping for is that when I do ask, I don't get my question bounced :) Mark
HelloMore reasonable because it matches your position, doesn't make it right though If you are a legitimate owner of the i-Fly then why would you ask here and not at the official forum.If I answer a question here regarding the i-Fly when I know that the answer is available on the registered users forum then I am only helping all those that have obtained the software illegally.Nothing to hide then register for support, what so hard about that?Unsure if an addon is really worth the price, just ask on the forum you will get plenty of responses, nothing wrong with that at all. And yes I do believe that Piracy affects prices and causes Devs to leave the hobby.

Sounds like arguing for popularity sake, and not even from the OP. Reality today is that the more illegally acquired software there is, the higher the prices, more developers quit the business, and others are forced to inject anti-theft features that sometimes create other problems for legal license owners. This is why I care, not to rehabilitate thieves on behalf of the producers, but because it's my money, I like flight simulation and its many options, and dislike all the anti-theft features that I'm forced to live with because of others. In this case, the answer to the OP isn't about a defect on the product, but about pilot skills.

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Of course I agree with the majority here.The iFly forums offer absolutely top support (what more could one expect?).And there is even the F1 30-day guarantee to check things like quality, performance, stutters, whatever else you think of and above all your liking the addon or not.Not many developers/shops offer such a generous option if you ask me. How can you go wrong with that?

don't like their forums being locked without read only access. I think that practice is ridiculous
Mark, with all respect, I don't know how exactly you make a living, but if trying to protect what you have created for years after studying hard for another couple of years is ridiculous, then I remain speechless. BTW Have you, guys, noiced that 90% of such posts like the OP's are typed by people having usually 1 or 2 posts? Then they somehow disappear forever.... might be a coincindence, of course. blush.png

Rafal, I don't think it's out of bounds to complain here at all. No one helped the original poster. Weather there exists support in another location or not, what business is it of yours or mine? If a few people here want to hack up legitimate requests for help then that is a shame. By enabling officious behavior like that, we loose a third party who can mediate between marketing fluff, politically motivated responses, and the actual product performance. I think we're suppose to be the third party here, not the cyber police. ...and I did notice that the original poster had a low number of posts. That's exactly why I wanted him helped. Years ago, you and I had a low number of posts as well. How would you feel if you didn't get help when you reached out for it back then?Mark

Rafal, I don't think it's out of bounds to complain here at all. No one helped the original poster. Weather there exists support in another location or not, what business is it of yours or mine? If a few people here want to hack up legitimate requests for help then that is a shame. By enabling officious behavior like that, we loose a third party who can mediate between marketing fluff, politically motivated responses, and the actual product performance. I think we're suppose to be the third party here, not the cyber police. ...and I did notice that the original poster had a low number of posts. That's exactly why I wanted him helped. Years ago, you and I had a low number of posts as well. How would you feel if you didn't get help when you reached out for it back then? Mark
HelloOP still has not posted in the i-Fly forum , any ideas as to why not ?

OK, Mark, there are always two sides of a story. I do not want to be a robocop of any kind, rest assured.Especially that sometimes people ARE legitimate users but behave in a way that may be misleading to many of us. And it is true that everyone did come here for the first time one day.You have a valid point here. Now please let me answer one question you asked me:

Weather there exists support in another location or not, what business is it of yours or mine?
In my case the business is I work hard to earn my money, I support developers by purchasing their products and respect their rules by registering at their forums for support.When I see (or sometimes just suspect, I shamefully admit) someone who doesn't and who wants us to 'help' him use the toy he just downloaded to play, I become angry.Maybe this feeling is not the best one as sometimes it may hit an innocent simmer. But I am just a human plus I have seen too much in this society for years.And, last but not least, I am personally oversensitive about piracy and intellectual property theft as I have myself been robbed like that many times (copyright violation). I know this world is going mad. We are fighting even though sometimes the war is lost from the beginning.Sometimes we shoot at enemies until we hit innocent civilians. These real world's ideas can be applied here in a way.We must be careful and try not to exaggerate and accuse too early. On the other hand we must help developers survive, otherwise there will one day be no more great addons to enjoy. sad.png

HelloOP still has not posted in the i-Fly forum , any ideas as to why not ?
No idea whatsoever and let's let it go at that - as many of you know I am one of the folks that tries to help out over there. That's where support is given; by folks who enjoy and know the details of the plane. Any owner is welcome! DJ

I dont know why you guys create such big deal and are so offensive if u think all use torrent and that stuffs like most of you i guess thats why u feel offend and react like that because now u buy couple of original addons think are the elite is wrong is actually childish.... all u could do is just give me the direct link cause i cant find or or just said the reason thats it , for the guys who doubt and think i am like them full torrenst here is the post i gave up finding the post and i post a new one http://ifly.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=5434&PID=53309#53309

actually they did direct you to the support forums just after your opening post, just that another user didn't really seem to see the reasoning for it (hence the debate). in this day and age everyone who's interested in the well-being of the hobby are really vigilant for those suspected of piracy, as a common trademark is they tend to try and avoid going onto the support forums (i've seen a couple or so here regarding iFly' s 737 and i'm still waiting to see them post in the support forum about the same issue...). piracy is what's killing this hobby unfortunately. i remember a while back a developer put intentional bugs in a scenery package and uploaded it to a torrent site (i think? - there's a post in these forums here somewhere about it). sure enough, their forums began to get quite a number of posts regarding the said "glitch" - hence most devs now make users register the software in order to receive support for it. --Xavier

We keep hovering around issues here to validate everyone's point so here's mine again. ...My original complaint was (and still is) that information that should help me determine a product purchase is being sequestered by the manufacturer of the product. I actually have to buy the product and see if it works, risking my system and FS9 install.What's changed...nothing. I think it's extremely anti-consumer and many here Avsim have been drafted into behaving as if is a reasonable business practice. Personally, I don't think we're doing the consumer, the end user, and especially ourselves any good. If you think that prices will go down because you act on behalf of a company in proxy, guess again.You've simply taught the manufacturer that it can get away with anything it wants to. Mark