Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KLM386

Not nice ! the instant replay with the NGX

Hi all, maybe someone will have the same expierence. but after a nice landing, or sometimes not so nice landing ( ###### happens) i want to evaluate what i have done wrong.and replay the last 200 seconds or so.That works, but its not nice that all the flaps. spoilers, etc etc,, are in the final position, just before starting the replay.I tried the video, but that has the same issues. Anybody a solution or same experience ? or maybe i'm doing something wrong. Thanks in advance for commenting or helping.Regards Rob

IIRC the reason is rather, that most of the animations on the NGX are non-standard and can not be recorded through FSX as is simply doesn't "know" about them, i.e. FSX can only detect flap position and such if the aircraft is using the standard animation framework of FSX - which PMDG products don't do for the most part.

fs recorder does not work with the NGX at least not for me
It works for me. Try selecting all of the possible variables to record in the settings menu of fs-recorder.

Works fine for me too and I'm using the default setup that already has everything set to record. You do realize that instant replay and FS-Recorder are seperate? When you install FS-Recorder you do not use instant replay. You start recording with FS-Recorder then stop recording at some point and save the file. When you want to watch it you select the file you just saved and play it back.

Works fine for me too and im using the default setup that already has everything set to record. You do realize that instant replay and FS-Recorder are different? When you install FS-Recorder you do not use instant replay. You start recording with FS-Recorder then stop recording at some point and save the file. When you want to watch it you select the recording you want to watch and play it.
fsrecorder also has instant replay. which can be saved in retrospect.

i have wasted much time, all set up properly still did not work i gave up not that important to me

Works fine for me too and I'm using the default setup that already has everything set to record. You do realize that instant replay and FS-Recorder are seperate? When you install FS-Recorder you do not use instant replay. You start recording with FS-Recorder then stop recording at some point and save the file. When you want to watch it you select the file you just saved and play it back.
Works fine for me too, everything except the lights and the landing gear, which it tries to raise or lower, but they get too slow and get stuck until I hit the 'g' key. Anyone has this problem? what doesn't work with fsrecorder wrt NGX?

Works fine for me too, everything except the lights and the landing gear, which it tries to raise or lower, but they get too slow and get stuck until I hit the 'g' key. Anyone has this problem? what doesn't work with fsrecorder wrt NGX?
I'm a long time user of FSrecorder, and its amazing how it can capture so many more variables than the standard record mechanism in FSX. I can confirm the above, that lights and landing gear are not recorded, and I believe those are the only settings relevant to replays that are missing, whereas those two settings are captured for most other complex addons. I also saw the slow gear extend sequence with FSrecorder, and use the g key to finish the sequence.

I use FSRecorder. After recording a landing, then continuing on to cold and dark shutdown, the recording shows the airplane on final approach with the door open, airstairs extended, chocks glued to the wheels and the ground cart attached. I would like to start making a few videos, I guess FRAPS is in my future.

IIRC the reason is rather, that most of the animations on the NGX are non-standard and can not be recorded through FSX as is simply doesn't "know" about them, i.e. FSX can only detect flap position and such if the aircraft is using the standard animation framework of FSX - which PMDG products don't do for the most part.
I worked fine in FS9?!?!? Bert Van Bulck

I'm a long time user of FSrecorder, and its amazing how it can capture so many more variables than the standard record mechanism in FSX. I can confirm the above, that lights and landing gear are not recorded, and I believe those are the only settings relevant to replays that are missing, whereas those two settings are captured for most other complex addons. I also saw the slow gear extend sequence with FSrecorder, and use the g key to finish the sequence.
LOL, this is the first time I'm quoting myself. I just remembered there is another "important" landing animation that is not captured by FSrecorder: ground spoilers. As with the landing gear, this appears to be a custom animation, or custom in the sense that PMDG uses extra keystrokes to activate it that differ from the default FSX programming.

I worked fine in FS9?!?!? Bert Van Bulck
So you got the NGX running in FS9? Impressive!

So you got the NGX running in FS9? Impressive!
Come on man, try to be an adult.I ment that the replay of the PMDG 737 worked fine in FS9. I don't see any reason why they couldn't make it work in FSX. Bert Van Bulck

Come on man, try to be an adult.I ment that the replay of the PMDG 737 worked fine in FS9. I don't see any reason why they couldn't make it work in FSX. Bert Van Bulck
And was the FS9 version even half as complex? Nope. Alot more variables going on with the NGX.

LOL, this is the first time I'm quoting myself. I just remembered there is another "important" landing animation that is not captured by FSrecorder: ground spoilers. As with the landing gear, this appears to be a custom animation, or custom in the sense that PMDG uses extra keystrokes to activate it that differ from the default FSX programming.
The ground spoilers work in FSrecorder, but you have to re arm them when in replay or just do it after you land and then start FSrecorder instant replay :-) /Rodd

I think reason some people are having problems is they are not ending the recording until after they shut down. Start the recording on approach for example and end it before you get to the gate. Before you shut down go watch your replay. (Do not power the aircraft down). If you forget about your recording and want to watch it later. Load up FSX select the NGX and load a flight with the NGX running with engines on which is the default. Then load up your saved flight. Works that way too. But not when the aircraft is powered down for some reason.

After reading this thread, I went to download FS Recorder and instlled and used it to record a few landings without any problems. Note that there are 2 vrsions, one for FSX and one for FS9 - if you download the wrong version (I did initially but fortunately noticed before I installed it) you will have problems. I am running FSX on Win 7 with everythig installed in the X86 folder contrary to recommendations, with FScene, Ultimate Terrain and a few other addons. FS recorder is much better than the standard FSX playback, and if you are not happy with a recording, you can just not save it or delete it later. For example I started a recording of a recorded flight of the tutorial landing, but after a few minutes, I realized that I had started the recording too early; so I just stopped the recording and restarted it when I got close to the landing, and stopped it after I stopped the plane on the runway, saved the recording and then watched it while FSX was on pause. You can back up or advance the recording by means of the keyboard arrows. I don't know if this is in the manual or not because I did not read it. Henri

The NG was their first product for MSFS, ported over from FS2002 even. It just wasn't as complex and well designed as the Jetstream or the NGX now. You could try to get a sense of humour. Cheers!

The NG was their first product for MSFS, ported over from FS2002 even. It just wasn't as complex and well designed as the Jetstream or the NGX now. You could try to get a sense of humour. Cheers!
So you say that it is perfectly normal for a new product to loose standard implemented functionality. Glad your not developing excel: we might have lost the SUM function... By the way, there's nothing wrong wit my sence of humor. Bert Van Bulck

That's a bit of apples and oranges right there. It's either loosing that functionality or a mediocre aircraft. Choose what you wish, but I am glad PMDG chose the path they did.