Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fulcrum_64th

FO displays on or off ?

How many of you turn of the FO displays to save fps ? Best Karim
I do

I really haven't noticed much of a difference one way or the other....I leave them on. I really don't pay much attention to the FPS counter to know; if things are smooth, it's all good.

I really haven't noticed much of a difference one way or the other....
same here, and i do pay attention to fps.

We didn't see any difference ourselves but we left the option in there in case people wanted it...

We didn't see any difference ourselves but we left the option in there in case people wanted it...
Well, if there is no difference, it will be ON in the next flight.

Zero difference on my rig. Since I haven't found a difference I leave them on. It's nice to see when I glance to the right.

Turning off the CoPilots instuments, this is an option that carries over from the PMDG 747 days. Back then, FSX was new (or newish) and hardware could not keep up with it, so every little step helped.This option is not so important nowadays, especially if you have an I7 cpu and modern GPU, I have never seen an improvement with those displays off, but it's nice that PMDG offers this for those with older systems.

I have been running them off, but can't honestly say I've seen hard numbers showing any FPS savings even on my older system. Just the same, I've been keeping them off since my F/O never listens to me or laughs at my jokes. tongue.png One little bug I noticed however...when you initially turn off the F/O displays, the F/O's CDU goes off too...as I would expect. But when you re-load a saved panel state with the F/O's displays off, the F/O's CDU is on. Personally, I like the F/O's CDU to be on regardless of the PFD and ND display state and think it should be that way in the upcoming SP.

Do you switch off the FO displays to save fps ? Best Karim
FO displays ON all the time. The few fps aren't worth turning them off, and without FO displays the cockpit just looks crippled.Flying trackir and VC only, so I'd definitely miss the FO displays doing their work.

Interesting topic - I've had mine off but according to Ryan above, it may be worth turning back on - if nothing else, just for the VC looks/ambiance. I know, once my FS2Crew NGX FO is born and climbs out of his crib, I'll turn them back on so he/she has something to look at besides those pertty pertty clouds, LOL...

I noitced an average 5 FPS decrease with them on, so I have them off :)
I initially thought this too, but it turned out just to be a temporary frame rate drop from moving my mouse in the VC (an FSX issue) to turn the F/O displays back on. Try checking again and wait about 10 seconds to see if your FPS increases again after turning them back on and keeping your mouse still. I'd be curious to know--thanks.