Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fulcrum_64th

FO displays on or off ?

Do you switch off the FO displays to save fps ? Best Karim

win 10x64 - Asus Rampage V Extreme - I7 5930K@4.5Ghz - Samsung 850 pro SSD - RAM Corsair 32GB DDR4 2800 - Corsair H100i - Asus Geforce 1080 ti - Philips BDM4065UC 4K monitor - oculus rift cv1 and a few other goodies

I really haven't noticed much of a difference one way or the other....I leave them on. I really don't pay much attention to the FPS counter to know; if things are smooth, it's all good.

Scott Burns

I really haven't noticed much of a difference one way or the other....
same here, and i do pay attention to fps.

Intel Q6600 2.4Ghz @ 3.12Ghz (390x8) | 4Gb (2x2Gb) OCZ Reaper 1066Mhz @ 1040Mhz

Asus P5K-Deluxe | nVidia 295GTX 1.8Gb | Win7 64bit

We didn't see any difference ourselves but we left the option in there in case people wanted it...
Well, if there is no difference, it will be ON in the next flight.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Zero difference on my rig. Since I haven't found a difference I leave them on. It's nice to see when I glance to the right.

Ken Ehlers
F70

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Turning off the CoPilots instuments, this is an option that carries over from the PMDG 747 days. Back then, FSX was new (or newish) and hardware could not keep up with it, so every little step helped.This option is not so important nowadays, especially if you have an I7 cpu and modern GPU, I have never seen an improvement with those displays off, but it's nice that PMDG offers this for those with older systems.

A.J. Domingo

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

43%
    $10,985.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now