Sign in to follow this  
simon747

Hmm....does not look good...

I too was under the impression that John from Orbx was making it clear that he had more knowledge than the rest of us based on the interview. Maybe it was just how he worded his response, this line in particular "Flight is not what people are expecting, it won't compete with FSX at all" I took as a very definite answer rather than speculation.

I would like someone doing direct comparisons - you can tell me it's an updated shader, but what does it mean in the visual way?? How much more performance, in percents??

David what the heck are you doing, Frankla's comments were fine and many people in this thread including myself can understand his opinion. Please take the time to read the whole thread before jumping to conclusions just because a developer got his panties in a bunch, he should have known better and not made the interview in the first place.
Yup, after reading both Franks and John's post as well as the link to the Orbx interview all Frank did was quote what John actually said in the interview...

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Just finished installing it an hour ago. Have not installed any addons to it yet. I took a quick flight in the default Mooney and it felt smooth and fluid, but then I would expect that since its all default and default FSX is smooth too. Visually, It looks like default FSX but the Autogen looked a lot better, Maybe its just me, but the buildings look a lot better. Gone are the corrupt textured roofs of some of the default FSX houses. Ill start installing addons to it later, Have to run to work now. Rob

I too was under the impression that John from Orbx was making it clear that he had more knowledge than the rest of us based on the interview. Maybe it was just how he worded his response, this line in particular "Flight is not what people are expecting, it won't compete with FSX at all" I took as a very definite answer rather than speculation.
It came across to me that way too, but now it appears, based on John's reaction in this thread that he must have misspoke in the interview. If so, all he had to say was just that and be done with it... If not then it appears the move to report Frank was retaliatory and for no good reason.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

It came across to me that way too, but now it appears, based on John's reaction in this thread that he must have misspoke in the interview. If so, all he had to say was just that and be done with it... If not then it appears the move to report Frank was retaliatory and for no good reason.
Agreed.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I think we all need a giant mug of soothing, calming, steaming tea. Andy?! Where are you...????
I'm here, but I don't know what you want from me! :) After looking at the Prepar3d site, it appears to cost $500 to use. Is that correct?

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

So what you are saying is once P3D is installed, there is a way to point that program to my existing FSX scenery folders and it will use them in the sim? Is this done via config file or something? FSDT, FT, Imaginesim and Aerosoft's stuff all work in P3D right now? Would like to see confirmation that the NGX works in P3D. How about a weather program? Does P3D use real world weather now or can one use ASE?
If it uses SimConnect, you can use ASE.

After looking at the Prepar3d site, it appears to cost $500 to use. Is that correct?
Nope, $9.99/month Love.gif

I'm here, but I don't know what you want from me! :) After looking at the Prepar3d site, it appears to cost $500 to use. Is that correct?
Hello$9.99 per month subscription gets you two licencesEdit: Stephen beat me to it.

Hello$9.99 per month subscription gets you two licencesEdit: Stephen beat me to it.
But you are right, each license is only $4.985!

Much better forum here !!! http://www.fsdevelop...splay.php?f=103
Teaching grandpa how suck eggs? I've been a member of FS-Developer for years... ;) However, there's not as much chance to actually correspond with the actual developers of Prepar3D there.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

OK guys, we'll close this one too.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.