Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

Check this out! Wish it could be done with FSX

Guest firehawk44

Pretty neat. I looks like it will be coming out soon. I know ASE is working on some kind of nice upgrade. Perhaps this is it... Hopefully it won't crash every computer. Just some... LOL.gif Best regards,Jim

They offer a 30 day evaluation then one would enter into a licence agreement thereafter. I read through their documentation and looked at the evaluation registration page and it Looks as though it might run in FSX although I wonder how smooth the weather generation would be. Not to mention we are now viewing 4096x4096 textures and trueSky couldn't come close to that I'm afraid. The company is based out of the UK, I doubt it has anything to do with AS2012. Have to say that it sure looks nice though. Thanks for the link. Jim, I'm going out in a limb to say that AS2012 will knock our socks off! The new "Shade" program by MogwaiSoft displays cloud reflections on water now so who's to say that cloud shadows are out of the question at this point. It's going to be a good year for us simmers.

Edited by BAW435

\Robert Hamlich/

Guest firehawk44
Jim, I'm going out in a limb to say that AS2012 will knock our socks off! The new "Shade" program by MogwaiSoft displays cloud reflections on water now so who's to say that cloud shadows are out of the question at this point. It's going to be a good year for us simmers.
I was just thinking the same thing today. The new Shade program has changed FSX dramatically and I know I will never fly again without it. I really like FEX with ASE and the new Shade program. Things couldn't be better right now with the new CPU's/graphics cards to run all this new 'eye-candy'. Best regards,Jim

Phew!!!!!! My CPU is Screaming already!Big Grin.gifJ/K Looks incredible!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

I was just thinking the same thing today. The new Shade program has changed FSX dramatically and I know I will never fly again without it. I really like FEX with ASE and the new Shade program. Things couldn't be better right now with the new CPU's/graphics cards to run all this new 'eye-candy'. Best regards,Jim
Jim, interesting you mentioned FEX, I tried shade with REX clouds and did not like it at all. Have been using FEX for quite some time (using Nick Needhams cloud and water set) and seems to be so much realistic.I know a lot of people swear by REX, but I think FEX is so much underated, and as far as performance and realistic clouds go (and using shade) I out performs REX IMHO.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Guest firehawk44
Jim, interesting you mentioned FEX, I tried shade with REX clouds and did not like it at all. Have been using FEX for quite some time (using Nick Needhams cloud and water set) and seems to be so much realistic.I know a lot of people swear by REX, but I think FEX is so much underated, and as far as performance and realistic clouds go (and using shade) I out performs REX IMHO.
I agree Julian but I have never owned REX so can't comment on the performance. I use the HD FEX textures and they are stunning. Best regards,Jim

Funny you should say that. Since I got REX a few years ago I have been struggling to find a cumulus set that I like the look of even when using just ENB. Seems like every REX set I have tried has been too hard looking and seems to not really blended with the sky well and looks out of place. About a month ago I was looking in my FEX cache folder to see what the last few cumulus sets I had installed were years ago and I just picked one of the cumulus01 bmp's out that I installed in '09 and have been really happy with it. I think it was the cumulus from the old Chew Test 2, New Softs or Hybrid White set, but it looks a lot more natural that anything I have tried in REX.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi Sean, If you get a chance, try Nick Needhans theme. He also has ENB settings to got with it.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.