Sign in to follow this  
dm123

The Living, Breathing World

HelloI want to see realistic Ai as in flying real world routes and timetables in the correct liveries.I want to see these Ai at detailed airports and if I do not have a particular major airport I want to be able to go online and buy it.I want good ATC with regional accents interacting with myself and the Ai.I want a realistic weather simulation and I expect the visibilty to match the metars, not fog me in when the fps drop.I have this now on a six year old sim, will i have all of this on the cutting edge XP10?
You sound like my 5yo. I want, I want, waaaah.LOL.gifAs some of said, you sound like a good candidate for live ATC and traffic. The last time I used FSX one month ago, Ultimate Traffic had lines of tubelines doing rally driving across LFPO's grass islands.

Ha. There are probably a few Mac Xplane users laughing at this, they don't know what BSOD is either. Or CTD
I am not a Mac user (that will soon change) but I sure have had my problems with my 4 years of iphones and ipads since they came out with crashes, slow performance, and bugs. The latest is quite devistating and is supposed to be fixed by next week-that of the ipad indiscreminately erasing data if it feels it is getting too full. This has caused mayhem in the efb rw flight world... I always have acccepted that macs are "sexier" but they are still computers and prone to their own bugs..

Regarding the airports:As we know, FSX has only few detailed airports. However, all other airports are not empty - they ALL have taxiways and buildings. The buildings are not real copy, but at least they placed at pretty close locations. It means, there is available data sources for building placements.I understand, it's not possible to build many detailed realistic airports. But it should be possible to autogenerate some type of buildings using at least the same data source as FSX is using.However, it's still not clear if XPlane 10 will have that autogenerated airport buildings and taxiways or airports will only have runways.Can someone from LR clarify that? Again, I'm not asking about detailed airports, but about airports that would have at least something autogenerated.Thanks.BTW, that "screenshot" of Santa Monica airport is just a picture from Wikipedia and not a screenshot...

Regarding the airports:As we know, FSX has only few detailed airports. However, all other airports are not empty - they ALL have taxiways and buildings. The buildings are not real copy, but at least they placed at pretty close locations. It means, there is available data sources for building placements.I understand, it's not possible to build many detailed realistic airports. But it should be possible to autogenerate some type of buildings using at least the same data source as FSX is using.However, it's still not clear if XPlane 10 will have that autogenerated airport buildings and taxiways or airports will only have runways.Can someone from LR clarify that? Again, I'm not asking about detailed airports, but about airports that would have at least something autogenerated.
Below is an excerpt from a post that Tom Kyler wrote a few days ago regarding airport buildings:well here's a bit of good news I guess. Austin and I spoke about what's next "for me" in xplane 10 work. On the laminar side, I will begin adding airport scenery and probably some landmarks....so as stated earlier, we are beginning work on populating airports immediately. what is unknown is how accurate I'll do airports. Making 1000 custom terminals isn't a practical reality, I am still working with texture constraints...so I'll have to sit and give some thoughts about how I want to approach the prospect....but suffice to say we will get something down. I think the custom stuff will have to be 3rd party..free or pay.To add, when the tools for the community to add scenery to airports using the lego bricks approach is released and those airport sceneries are distributed via XP updates, those airports will likely be very nicely done. In fact it is very possible that they will look better than many of the default fsx airports. This is something that will take some time and some people may not be interested in XP10 because of that, which to each his own.Also, in terms of autogenerating airport buildings, I thought I read something about that recently and will look for it. I believe there will be some very basic buildings produced for all airports, but I could be speaking out of turn.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

BTW, that "screenshot" of Santa Monica airport is just a picture from Wikipedia and not a screenshot...
LOL, it was meant to be tongue in cheek. If you can confuse that photo for a screenshot of x plane, then it would be very worrying. Not to mention opening it in a new tab gives you the actual wikipedia address.

Below is an excerpt from a post that Tom Kyler wrote a few days ago regarding airport buildings:well here's a bit of good news I guess. Austin and I spoke about what's next "for me" in xplane 10 work. On the laminar side, I will begin adding airport scenery and probably some landmarks....so as stated earlier, we are beginning work on populating airports immediately. what is unknown is how accurate I'll do airports. Making 1000 custom terminals isn't a practical reality, I am still working with texture constraints...so I'll have to sit and give some thoughts about how I want to approach the prospect....but suffice to say we will get something down. I think the custom stuff will have to be 3rd party..free or pay.To add, when the tools for the community to add scenery to airports using the lego bricks approach is released and those airport sceneries are distributed via XP updates, those airports will likely be very nicely done. In fact it is very possible that they will look better than many of the default fsx airports. This is something that will take some time and some people may not be interested in XP10 because of that, which to each his own.Also, in terms of autogenerating airport buildings, I thought I read something about that recently and will look for it. I believe there will be some very basic buildings produced for all airports, but I could be speaking out of turn.
I think you're right Mike, but we'd need it confirmed. In any case , xplane's airport data 'curator' Robin Peel has done a great job, virtually all airports/airfields have had their basic layouts, including taxiways, beacons, thresholds etc, created and maintained for yrs. People also need to know that there are massive quantities of freeware airport sceneries, some even payware quality. Almost every major airport is only a quick download away, you just gotta search for it at the .org. Trawl thru our blog for hundreds of mini scenery reviews. NONE are fsx payware quality however. All I'm saying is, it's not a barren landscape once you know where to get the stuff.That's the minimum starting point for xp10. It'll only get better with the new lighting and easier to build scenery. We're already planning some exciting projects, and that's just 2 of us. I'm sure the many talented scenery devs are thinking the same way, and that'll be on top of the dead-easy World Editor & scenery library tools that'll make an above average scenery doable in a few hrs.

Regarding the airports: "As we know, FSX has only few detailed airports. ......."
I believe it has about 80 detailed airports ...

Buy a real Boeing 747 and fly it around the world.
HelloI don't need to, I am happy enough with the NGX
I think it's call "Flight Simulator X with hundreds of dollars worth of third-party add-ons".
HelloThousands actuallysmile.png
Damn. What sim are you flying?? No flight simulator I heard of has all that.
Hello GoranFSX has, but It does cost a lot to get there

You gotta be joking !!!!Yawn.gifWhew.gifWorried.gifYawn.gif
Do I look like I am? I'm not saying that I or you will quit using FSX but if XP-10 run good and 3rd party developers like Aerosoft, Fly Tampa start making sceneries for it (take Aerosoft US cities X picture below for example) I'll quit buying addons for FSX.2009-8-31_17-20-35-169.jpg2009-8-31_17-25-55-246.jpg2009-8-29_18-2-19-715.jpg

Can somebody tell me if XP-10 will make use of multithreading?
Yes it does, according to Austin, each AI aircraft (up to 20) has it's own flight model, and runs in it's own thread, which is why he says it will take a 20 core system to run it with no performance loss. Of course it will run with fewer cores, but performance will be divided between available cores

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Thousands actuallysmile.png
So you're pitting stock X-Plane 10 against FSX with thousands of dollars worth of third-party add-ons and then complaining that X-Plane comes up short. Is that really a fair comparison?

No, XP10 has not been released yet, but some of the feature details have been in order to start making some general comparisons. Only when the product is released and modified a few times can a fair comparison be made.

So Jim,Are YOU going to be developing for X-Plane 10?

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV