Sign in to follow this  
dm123

The Living, Breathing World

Every airport wasn't his intent .. more than one detailed was!
So where's the line, then? How much detail is needed. If most of the airports were done realistically, there would be no need for add on scenery developers. Add to that the fact there are 49 000 airports in the world. Let's say we go for a reasonable minimum figure. 1% of the total airports in the world. That's 490 detailed airports. Considering 1 airport would take, on average, 8-12 weeks, it makes more sense to let 3rd party developers make the detailed airports. X Plane has been mostly the work of 1 man. Only recently has he employed a staff. That one man has been busy making a flight simulator. Not a scenery simulator. It's fine to EXPECT things, but let's be reasonable. One thing is for certain...X Plane is growing VERY fast.

That's my biggest complaint about the XP AI system, they are there because you are there, not because they're suppose to be there.
HelloThat is exactly the problem ,they spawn because you are there then rather than fly actual real world scedules they dissapear only to pop up again at your destination, If you are really lucky one may fly with you to keep you company.Presumably they switch liveries mid flight.Can someone who is well versed in XP Ai tell me if they have real world liveries, like if I fly from Cork to luton will I see plenty of RyanAir at cork and Easyjet at luton ?

With all due respect I don't think that it is up to the developer to say how much money we can spend on our rigs for XP-10 or why. The developer is already saying that a top of the line PC will not be able to run XP-10 maxed out and at the same time does not see why we would like to use SLI knowing that XP-10 is GPU and not CPU intensive??As I said before, if 2 of these are needed to run XP-10 maxed out I will buy them http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814130733 but it's not up to the developer to tell me to lower the sliders because one card can't handle XP-10 maxed out, it's up to the developer to build XP-10 for SLI, does it make sense?I'll repeat the same question I asked earlier......when?
Actually what I keep hearing Austin stating is the opposite. He keeps emphasizing CPU cores as the most important component. He even states it would take a system of 20 cores to run XP10 full bore. I think XP10 is going to be more CPU bound then we think.Also tha video card you linked to would actually be detrimental for use with XP10, (As well as FSX) since it is a 32bit APP. Video memory is part of the APP's virtual address space (VAS) as such being a 3GB card it would only leave 1GB of VAS available to the app itself. These cards are only good for 64bit apps.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Your right, I will tell Austin to call it all off and start from scratch since you don't approve ;) Like you assesment counts since your less then one percent.I think your just trolling.What are you commercial vendor of ?
HelloIf I am 1% of sales he would be advised to call it off now, hopefully he will sell a few more than that though.And no I am not affiliated with any comercial developer, just a long time flightsim enthusiast asking a few questions.Don't worry I have been just as critical regarding the direction Flight! appears to be taking.

Here's an early beta of Santa Monica Airport in X Plane 10.Looks REAL impressive if you ask me.300px-KSMO_21.jpg
Holy crap! that is impressive.....definitly look real if you ask me....and it's only an early betaApplause.gif

HelloSo how does ATC interact with enroute Ai traffic ?Recently I flew (virtualy) from EGGW (Luton) to EDDG (munster Germany), there were over 30 Ai aircraft at Luton, in the london area alone there were over 50 Ai airborn and loads of Ai flying the airways across Europe as I flew.How will XP10 simulate this environment ?
You should post your question at http://www.x-plane.com/blog/I fly Cessna 172 out of Van Nuys, Burbank, Santa Monica and I have never seen more then a dozen aircraft flying in the air. Lets be realistic are eyes can only focus on a few planes at best with the atmospheric conditions that exist at any given time. There might be more 20 aircraft taxing in a busy Class Bravo airport but not at your 12 oclock in the air.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Actually what I keep hearing Austin stating is the opposite. He keeps emphasizing CPU cores as the most important component. He even states it would take a system of 20 cores to run XP10 full bore. I think XP10 is going to be more CPU bound then we think.Also tha video card you linked to would actually be detrimental for use with XP10, (As well as FSX) since it is a 32bit APP. Video memory is part of the APP's virtual address space (VAS) as such being a 3GB card it would only leave 1GB of VAS available to the app itself. These cards are only good for 64bit apps.
I may have misunderstood or read somewhere that XP-10 was more GPU than CPU bound....so if I need 20 core I'll get this board.. http://www.newegg.co...N82E16813188070 two CPU x 6 or 8 core = 24 or 32 threads.....now we need more plane...blowbubble_s.gifeeeeeeeee these CPU are not cheap....what the heck we have only one life to live.... http://www.newegg.co...N82E16819117228 they should be good enough to play minesweeper....

MD, your following post explains why some of us may appear defensive. Coz a number of forum members are clearly onthe offensive.There's some great uk photo scenery for sale right now for xplane, 125 for entire uk.But then again, Orbx have just announced they're doing UK sceneries, so you'll be happy! End of next yr though. Another nail in the ms flight coffinYour last question? It's not really worth the effort to answer. Like all products, you'll weigh up the costs/benefits and make your own decision.
HelloI take it you can't answer it then ?The Orbx Uk will be for Prepar3D, FSX and most probably Flight! as well, not Xplane though.That baffles me, if XP10 is going to take so much of the market I would have thought that Orbx would have been all over it.I won't be buying the Orbx UK stuff either as I enjoy my GenX scenery too much.

Hello If I am 1% of sales he would be advised to call it off now, hopefully he will sell a few more than that though. And no I am not affiliated with any comercial developer, just a long time flightsim enthusiast asking a few questions. Don't worry I have been just as critical regarding the direction Flight! appears to be taking.
If you are happy with what you have now then more power to you ! Nobody is forcing you to buy XP-10. 99% of us like the direction and tech !The 747 has been cleared to land and is on short final, it's not going to avert to different airport no matter what you say.What is it do want to see in xp-10 ?

Eric Escobar

They already have Jim, it's called OpenStreetMap.
What planes does it contain?

I may have misunderstood or read somewhere that XP-10 was more GPU than CPU bound....so if I need 20 core I'll get this board.. http://www.newegg.co...N82E16813188070 two CPU x 6 or 8 core = 24 or 32 threads.....now we need more plane...blowbubble_s.gif eeeeeeeee these CPU are not cheap....what the heck we have only one life to live.... http://www.newegg.co...N82E16819117228 they should be good enough to play minesweeper....
Holy smoke thats expensive !Would be able to run win7 and XP-10 on that ?

Eric Escobar

I may have misunderstood or read somewhere that XP-10 was more GPU than CPU bound....so if I need 20 core I'll get this board.. http://www.newegg.co...N82E16813188070 two CPU x 6 or 8 core = 24 or 32 threads.....now we need more plane...blowbubble_s.gifeeeeeeeee these CPU are not cheap....what the heck we have only one life to live.... http://www.newegg.co...N82E16819117228 they should be good enough to play minesweeper....
I can't seem to find out if X-plane will work with Hyperthreading or needs read physical cores, has anything been stated about that?

HelloI take it you can't answer it then ?The Orbx Uk will be for Prepar3D, FSX and most probably Flight! as well, not Xplane though.That baffles me, if XP10 is going to take so much of the market I would have thought that Orbx would have been all over it.I won't be buying the Orbx UK stuff either as I enjoy my GenX scenery too much.
John from Orbx always said that they are an MS platform developers only....