Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dm123

The Living, Breathing World

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hah I was too slow. Nevertheless - here is my personal "best of":screen-shot-2011-11-06-at-3-30-23-am.pngscreen-shot-2011-11-06-at-3-06-07-am.jpgscreen-shot-2011-11-06-at-3-04-55-am.jpgshot-king-air-b200_101.pngshot-king-air-b200_95.pngscreen-shot-2011-11-06-at-3-10-04-am.pngStunning stuff. I just wonder what kind of computer is needed to run that.

Ok, I just nearly fell off my chair.I kept getting told "you ain't seen nothing yet". Now, I believe I have seen something.I don't like blasphemy, but holy S@&T.Now we just have to wait for the few nay sayers to start saying "there's too much detail."

Wow, I was already impressed.By the way does anybody know of any available XP10 sound previews yet?

Wow.. those look really impressive! It's still rather dystopian though.. i mean if Laminar is going down to this kind of detail, they might as well make sure they have some people here and there. That chair in the yard needs like a hot chick, for instance. that'd truly make it a living world.

Okay, I'm waiting for the next iteration of urban backyard shots to have dogs running around in the grass. How about a big Great Dane standing up and looking over the fence?

Yah and some cute birds in the trees... and a squirrel, and maybe some cats..did i mention chicks yet? we definitely need those :)

Wow.. those look really impressive! It's still rather dystopian though.. i mean if Laminar is going down to this kind of detail, they might as well make sure they have some people here and there. That chair in the yard needs like a hot chick, for instance. that'd truly make it a living world.
Dystopian? I understand that none of these shots are taken in well known locations or with tourists on vacation, but isn't it kind of hard to equate a clean empty back yard to a miserable or oppressed place?Maybe the XP10 World maker will allow us to design people and make them do whatever we want wherever we want to see them.Maybe the backyard is empty because the pet Rottweiler chased a would-be robber down the street?

lol ok dystopian was kindof a bad choice of word, but it does lack that last little touch of having people mill about. I mean some screenshots look like they could be from GTA4, the only difference being the lack of people.Mind you.. i'll be happy to fly this without people too.. i understand that it takes a lot of extra processor time to have them, and we already have alot of cars and planes, maybe even trains or boats, so there's a lot of life going on already. It's just that because those shots of the streets look so good that it made me feel like everyone seems to have left, as if it's some kind of post-2012 scenery.. lol.. which is realistic, since the world ends in 2012 anyway :)

lol ok dystopian was kindof a bad choice of word, but it does lack that last little touch of having people mill about. I mean some screenshots look like they could be from GTA4, the only difference being the lack of people.Mind you.. i'll be happy to fly this without people too.. i understand that it takes a lot of extra processor time to have them, and we already have alot of cars and planes, maybe even trains or boats, so there's a lot of life going on already. It's just that because those shots of the streets look so good that it made me feel like everyone seems to have left, as if it's some kind of post-2012 scenery.. lol.. which is realistic, since the world ends in 2012 anyway :)
The people aren't in their backyards because they're either inside or driving their cars to work and to the airport.tongue.png

If this sim. run as good as it looks .....FSX is dead in the water.
Not for me.. FSX will still be FSX. I never really get the attitude of having to choose between one or the other.. i'm happy to have both X-plane and FSX on my HD.. and i'm sure that later on Flight will be added too, since that also looks really promising.

Okay, I'm waiting for the next iteration of urban backyard shots to have dogs running around in the grass. How about a big Great Dane standing up and looking over the fence?
Shame%20On%20You.gif no dog $hit in my new XP-10 back yard.....

Thanks Alain - My perception of X-Plane has improved greatly with these. When are we going to see you on the FTX forums again LOLCheersjja

Not for me.. FSX will still be FSX. I never really get the attitude of having to choose between one or the other.. i'm happy to have both X-plane and FSX on my HD.. and i'm sure that later on Flight will be added too, since that also looks really promising.
I understand what you mean BUT I think the immersion factor look a lot better in XP-10 (just my honest opinion) I just hate roads cutting thrue buildings, parking lots and baseball fields.....I also think that 3rd party dev. can only improve XP-10 with peoples, sounds and other stuff that can make XP-10 more alive......still....no dogs in my new back yard.

Yep 2012 is just around the corner. Anything to improve on the packs of deer in XP9 that jump the airport fence and run across the runway even when you are on the ground in a location that doesn't normally have deer. I'm sure that with my silly computer I will have to turn a lot of stuff off to really enjoy my flying. The one thing I like about XP9 is that if I am running too many settings, the software warns you and it makes scenery adjustments automatically. Unlike FSX that just crashes before you have a chance to reduce your settings.

Thanks Alain - My perception of X-Plane has improved greatly with these. When are we going to see you on the FTX forums again LOLCheersjja
Hawww! what a nice way to tell me that you'r missing me......wink.png

I understand what you mean BUT I think the immersion factor look a lot better in XP-10 (just my honest opinion) I just hate roads cutting thrue buildings, parking lots and baseball fields.....I also think that 3rd party dev. can only improve XP-10 with peoples, sounds and other stuff that can make XP-10 more alive......still....no dogs in my new back yard.
True.. but with some add-ons i think FSX also looks really great.. i still enjoy it a lot anyway, even if it takes forever to start because of all the addons.. lol. Still it's a lot of fun doing some low-leveling in a nice Orbx-scenery. The good news is that with XP-10 we might get something that picks up where FSX left off, in a sense. I really like these procedural cities, all the new shader tricks, the lighting, AI planes/ATC.. it's all really amazing and it promises a lot for the future.

Stunning stuff. I just wonder what kind of computer is needed to run that.
That's a very good question, especially with the frame rates in those screenshots running in the low 20's. Is that what those of us with decent rigs will be able to see on release day, or is that something to look forward to in a few years when the hardware has finally caught up?

If this sim. run as good as it looks .....FSX is dead in the water.
Considering that FSX is several years old, was designed for last gen hardware, and has been essentially abandoned by its developer... if X-Plane can't beat that kind of competition then they're doing something seriously wrong.tongue.png

That's a very good question, especially with the frame rates in those screenshots running in the low 20's. Is that what those of us with decent rigs will be able to see on release day, or is that something to look forward to in a few years when the hardware has finally caught up?
Many people have "complained" that the X Plane 10 screenshots of 1 or 2 months ago looked too low res and that if Austin wanted to show it off, to pump up the detail. This has now obviously been done. It has also been said by Austin that todays top level hardware will most likely not be able to run X Plane 10 with maximum detail. So, these screenshots have been pumped up to maximum detail (or at least very close to it), and as a result, fps has suffered.I still remember FSX, out of the box when I first got it, sliders maxed out, I was lucky to get double digit fps.