Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

My guess on anticipated "great announcement" in December:

That the entirety of Hawai is available as a FREE unlimited usage download at Christmas timeAnd that the entire globe will be available at sectional pricing or some scalar as available.That would generate an enormous captive audience with the potential of all becoming addicted to he game IF it is worth it's salt.Otherwise Flight stands to be a big loud belly-flop if its only HAWAI forever and ever.....allen

That would be very interesting, though I would think that the size of the "sectional" downloads would be huge. Would everything be sold "online"? No more brick & mortar sales? That would not be beneficial for them inregards to picking up the casual sales and "newbies", if you will. The marketing aspect would be limited, in my opinion.

Alexander Alonso

MSF started on discs because its all there was.Internet broadband and fiber optic lines will facilitate the optionOf course, theycwould leave the disc option available

MSF started on discs because its all there was.Internet broadband and fiber optic lines will facilitate the optionOf course, theycwould leave the disc option available
They would need to, even a free demo/open beta of hawaii at 10gbs is still gonna take me a month to download with my 3mbps (400kbps actual)

Jack Cannon

Probably the release date and a confirmation that the entire world is covered.

They would need to, even a free demo/open beta of hawaii at 10gbs is still gonna take me a month to download with my 3mbps (400kbps actual)
I dont understand why 10 Gigs would take a month to download....?less than 5 hours maybe
Probably the release date and a confirmation that the entire world is covered.
was there not a certain limited carribean trial available for FSX with unlimited usage ?thats what I'm thinkin

downloading at 400kbps for me pretty much kills my internet for other applications. And leaving my pc when im not at home would leave it on for well over 10 hours.I cant get cable, or faster internet where i am.

Jack Cannon

Don't worry all, Flight will be on DVDs.

My guess is that MS will anounce that MSF has gone into Beta testing and is scheduled to be released in the summer of 2012.Mark

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

The "big announcement"?Hawai'i comes with the Base Package; if you want to fly somewhere else, you can... but ONLINE only, and... you have to pay for access to it!ORThe first 500 purchasers of the New Microsoft Flight get a coupon for a free box of Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Herb Tea! :PAlan

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

Where did you see that there was going to be an announcement in DEC? I must be going blind...lol

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

That MS Flight is going to be Vapourware.......Just kidding. biggrin.png Cheers

Matthew Kane

Where did you see that there was going to be an announcement in DEC? I must be going blind...lol
Look at the latest news article. Very bottom.

Brandon Filer

The "big announcement"?Hawai'i comes with the Base Package; if you want to fly somewhere else, you can... but ONLINE only, and... you have to pay for access to it!ORThe first 500 purchasers of the New Microsoft Flight get a coupon for a free box of Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Herb Tea! tongue.pngAlan
Sorry, but my inside source tells me that since it's Hawai'i only, those first 500 purchasers will get a coupon for 50% off one pound of 100% Kona Coffee.Do a Google on Kona Coffee and see why that's a BIG savings. I'd like to order some roasted coffee beans, but can't quite get myself to click the Purchase button! Shocked.gif

Sorry, but my inside source tells me that ..... blah blah blah.....
By "inside", philosophers do not mean 'inside your house'......Shame%20On%20You.gifso your source is not MS Im sure

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.