Sign in to follow this  
fvapres

XP10.00 - GOT IT!

UPS just delivered my copy of XP10. Started installation at 1622 EST 5DEC2011. Let's see how long it takes to install...Deleted Demo from HDD to see how long a scratch install would take. Says if I select all scenery areas, 58.1GB for install.

UPS just delivered my copy of XP10. Started installation at 1622 EST 5DEC2011. Let's see how long it takes to install...Deleted Demo from HDD to see how long a scratch install would take. Says if I select all scenery areas, 58.1GB for install.
Aw... feeling jealous now. My copy is probably weeks, if not months away.. Rolling Eyes.gif

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Cool, so maybe the email I got a couple days saying it has been sent is right. Should have it in about 7 days for me then. 60 gigs isnt too bad. I have about 90 free on an ssd and was wondering if I should put a 3rd ssd in. too many sims!

Paid $30 for next day and expected to wait til the 7th for shipping from LR...they shipped early. Gotta hand it to those guys. They pulled a Scotty on this one. "I jus' canna' do it, cap'n...it'll take 48 hours at least.." "I need it in 3.." "I'll see what I can do cap'n, but no promises" and here it is 3-4 days before I expected.

Keep us updated with how the full version is and get some shots of worldwide locations that we haven't seen yet :)Rich

with the updates the way they are, I dunno bout SSD. I mean limited write-rewrite to each sector before the sector is incapable of writing or holding data again...I'd use an SSD for OS only and even that is a scary concept with the upates from MS...

Mine says shipped on the 3rd so any day now...

The life of ssd's is far greater than I will get out of one. xplane, if it updated every day is not going to give my ssd a problem ever. That and I upgrade very frequently before anything has a chance to get worn out ;)

Deleted Demo from HDD to see how long a scratch install would take.
The manual recommends deleting the demo before installing the full version to avoid conflicts.My only question is whether or not we can copy our preferences from the demo so we don't have to set everything up again.

Please let us all know how much better the actual version is from the demo. Please, we all need to know that is IS better.

I'm sure that there isn't much different from the disk version from the demo 10.00 we received. The biggest difference is the world in which we fly is full and not limited to seatac and no 15minute limit. As soon as I'm done, I'm going to run the updater and get the same exe I had before with the 10.02b3 released last night. I'm not going to fool myself into thinking that the DVD version is any different. Only difference is limits removed for longevity of use and world data is available.

On disc 3, so not done, but would've expected all tools and exes to be on disc 1, with scenery filling out the other 7. Don't see it, but in the resources/menus/english folder, there is a world-maker.txt..so there is hope.