Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FSMP

FLIGHT has ATC - YES or NO ?

GIve that:(1) Nobody BETA testing FLIGHT has reported any ATC Functionality in the BETA(2) FSX's ATC was a total mess, so one might assume, if this was worked on, and possibly improved, it would be a feature that one would want Beta Testing Feedback, but NOT if they did not want it made available without purchasing it as an ADDON.It seems highly likely that the FREE Release of FLIGHT would not include ATC.Once would also go on to assume, that since some form of ATC already existed in FSX, that this woiuld be one of many "pay for" MS ADDONS for FLIGHT .If it is, my only comment would be, "I hope it is an improvemnt on the Lame, unrealistic ATC that was in FSX" !!All this speculation -- in a few months all will be relealed, then what will everyone post about here ??

A good question is: What exactly are the beta testers testing?Only new functionality it seems. Odd, because if there are these hidden features that people are hinting at, then who will be testing these? The paying customers upon release?

At this stage of development, the features are frozen, and the beta test is solely intended for last-minute bug squashing and compatibility testing.

Et tu, Mike?
When shall we three meet again, in thunder, lightening, or in rain.When the weather engine's done, when to play, is not so fun.Where the place, in Multiplayer - there to meet with X-Plane( with appologies to William Shakespeare )

When shall we three meet again, in thunder, lightening, or in rain.When the weather engine's done, when to play, is not so fun.Where the place, in Multiplayer - there to meet with X-Plane( with appologies to William Shakespeare )
You gotta lota x-plane'n to do, Lucy!

GIve that:(1) Nobody BETA testing FLIGHT has reported any ATC Functionality in the BETA(2) FSX's ATC was a total mess, so one might assume, if this was worked on, and possibly improved, it would be a feature that one would want Beta Testing Feedback, but NOT if they did not want it made available without purchasing it as an ADDON.It seems highly likely that the FREE Release of FLIGHT would not include ATC.Once would also go on to assume, that since some form of ATC already existed in FSX, that this woiuld be one of many "pay for" MS ADDONS for FLIGHT .If it is, my only comment would be, "I hope it is an improvemnt on the Lame, unrealistic ATC that was in FSX" !!All this speculation -- in a few months all will be relealed, then what will everyone post about here ??
It wasnt prefect . but not a total mess.

Flight has ATC - Yes or NO?
NOThat was easy... :(
A good question is: What exactly are the beta testers testing?
Flying around in a circle...

Whenever you fly and airplane even Hawaii you would normally communicate with either a tower or announce your position and hear other planes position. No ATC for this would be a step back.

when you need an atc, just call to Bill G
Someone should make a pinned post that Bill Gates left Microsoft over 3 years ago.

Someone should make a pinned post that Bill Gates left Microsoft over 3 years ago.
He is still the former owner, even if he has nothing to do with MS for the law.I bet he also earns billions of dollars of dividends each year, even if not under the sun, to avoid taxes and so on.

I thought it was interesting that six months after he left MS, the ACES team was closed down.http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/01/06/microsoft_flight_sim_free/"Microsoft’s flight simulator arm is one of its longest running software franchises, and the first version was released in 1982 – years before Windows saw the light of day. The game was originally bought in from subLOGIC, rumour has it because Bill Gates was a huge simulator fan and wanted one of his own, but the game attracted a small but devoted following. It was also very handy for checking compatibility on PC clones, which was where this El Reg hack first found it in 1987."

I thought it was interesting that six months after he left MS, the ACES team was closed down.

"The team behind Microsoft Flight consists of roughly 50 people, including a mix of professional pilots, 40% of which worked on the previous team."

Absolutely NO ATC in FLIGHT. The radios, VORs, ILSs, ATIS etc don't even work.
And you're positive that none of these features will not work in the final release, based totally on what you saw in a beta?

I disagree. (Be careful about making absolute predictions . . . you may end up being totally wrong.)My guess is that we'll see it shortly after Flight is released (if it is not included, or available as DLC at release).

I believe Thruster that there will be no ATC-- and why would there be? That would be counter to the experience that MS wants, which is easy, sanitized flying.

Yes, i'm 100% sure there will be no ATC in FLIGHT for years.
no beta here but I am not willing to believe this. they are building flight on a modular system for DLC so it would be easy for them to add an ATC addon like any other functionality. the casual simmer does not need ATC to collect aerocaches. but there are also radios on the planes. not willing to believe those are eye candy only

I believe it isn't in the beta, and I believe it won't be in the free version of Flight. But come on, Flight has been conceived as an expandable platform, they still say they want to appeal to simulation enthusiasts, so it's gonna be one of the first add-ons available to buy. Others on AVSIM, who have looked around the interenals of their Flight beta, support that view.So far my impression was that Flight has a lot under the hood, you just need to know where to look. Activating that stuff will cost you money, but the platform itself was for free! So what?If they don't mess up the pricing, Flight will be a nice addition to my collection ;)

Guest comma

Who need default ATC ? ATC was totally crap in FSX, I can't fly without Radar Contact addon. Providing they kept the FSX AI engine which I believe, a SDK will provide us with quality ATC addon. There is no need for default fancy stuff (planes, etc), we just need the platform, and we'll pay for addons through the store.