Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anthony_d

X Plane Real Weather Turbulence

Better than what? What's the benchmark you are aiming for?It's getting improved constantly. Maybe exercise a little patience.

Laminar Research is a strangely interesting company when it comes to customer service.After all, how many global consumer software companies can you name where you can contact the man in charge, and expect to get a reply? Considering the size of the team, I think the fact that they can spend time on both the product and replying to the customer is hugely advantageous to them.I've submitted several bug reports, and have received a personal reply from Austin himself on some of them. That said, the reply can sometimes be an abrupt "no", and that can really grate sometimes when it comes to a software fix request that seems sensible to you.But nonetheless he's contactable, and that fact alone will lend him to (eventually) listen to what the (growing) crowd wants.
I had a problem with getting the x-plane 9 app to work with my HTC desire android phone. I sent an email to their customer support about it. I had a reply back within an hour from not one but two of the developers discussing my problem directly. Eventually Chris Serio (I assume he is the main guy behind the android port) had resolved it an hour later. Very refreshing. I've had similar experiences from third party addon developers for FSX and X-plane. Its why I like this hobby so much. Cheers Rhydian.

I agree 100% with Muskoka.Just like Austin is the only one who loves the UI in XPlane."his company and as head cook , dishwasher, and waiter, he can pretty much do what he wants"so can the users: head beta testers, purchasers, forum posters.we can post & complain & recommend not to buy pretty much as we want.public pressure may eventually force even the most stubborn to rethink his strategy.I prefer companies where the customer, not the boss comes first.the few flaws could & should have been solved long ago. I feel sorry for Supnik and Serio who work hard and still get bombarded with negative feedback. after all the energy they have put into this otherwise great product. didn't they too deserve to fly in their very own Cirrus or Columbia one day?
I love the X-plane UI. I don't get how people can hate it so much. Once you learn your way around the menus, its extremely efficient and fast to use. Sure it doesn't have pictures to guide you or anything of the like but that was not its intended purpose.

you like the UI, that makes 2. :Kiss:we are not talking about pictures here, that can wait til Xplane v20. just try to change the time of day or the date via those coarse sliders. awkward.

you like the UI, that makes 2. we are not talking about pictures here, that can wait til Xplane v20. just try to change the time of day or the date via those coarse sliders. awkward.
How is that awkward? I find it easy to change the time, just slide the slider, don't get how thats awkward. Also you can adjust time of day in-sim using the K & L keys. Really nice feature.

Well, many people took the time (unlike some other whiner in this thread) to submit bug reports. Chris Serio posted the following at the Org on Thursday:

I received many bug reports about turbulence this week. Austin responded by making some tweaks which will be in the future 10.04Beta2. When it's released it should be a step in the right direction though I haven't had a chance to try it myself.

you like the UI, that makes 2. :Kiss:we are not talking about pictures here, that can wait til Xplane v20. just try to change the time of day or the date via those coarse sliders. awkward.
No need to use the sliders to change the time of day, you can use the clock inside the cockpit with your mouse. Incredible watching the time of day change from the midday sun to midnight, dynamically, in real time. I showed this to some of our members of a flight sim group in the UK, they were gob smacked. I do agree with you that the interface needs a facelift, Austin says he will change that in one of the updates. I'd like to see something done by REX team. Their interface for their software looks really modern and slick.

Am I the only one here who believes X-plane has no user Interface? It's a great menu bar once you get the hang of it, but I wouldn't call it a user interface. That's something that should be added on top of what's already there......which is a simulator with a menu bar, IMO.

Am I the only one here who believes X-plane has no user Interface?
Yes, you are. Explore a little more.