Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

Aerosoft AES VS FSDreamTeam GSX

AES VS GSX  

478 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Aerosoft AES
    • FSDreamTeam Ground Services X

Sounds like AES is a dying product mainly due to the fact that it only works at a very limited amount of airports and its cost.

I looked at some videos but don't see hardly any people walking about doing things in GSX.

Do these products and any ground service activity at smaller airports?

Sounds like AES is a dying product mainly due to the fact that it only works at a very limited amount of airports and its cost.

I looked at some videos but don't see hardly any people walking about doing things in GSX.

Do these products and any ground service activity at smaller airports?

I don't think AES is a dying product. It just got an update a few days ago, and I for one am happy to buy credits next time I run out even though I own GSX.

Fact is that AES is a custom tailored approach whereas GSX is automated. My main beef with GSX is that the automation isn't very good at times (pretty much every time I use it I have vehicles driving through buildings/planes/each other), and you are stuck with FSX's flawed jetway system. I own every FSDT airport and even there I get some pretty messed up docking unless I leave it to AES.

For airports that I use a lot I prefer AES, and I think there are a fair few who do too. Just my 2c.

I personally prefer AES custom tailoring myself. However GSX is great to have where it's not available. They compliment each other well I think.

Agreed. That's why I ended up buying GSX. It's nice to heave in ORBX-land since the ORBX developers didn't let Oliver do his AES magic.

I personally prefer AES custom tailoring myself. However GSX is great to have where it's not available. They compliment each other well I think.

I totally agree on that. And (not for push back) it works fine together if you want.

Eric

I agree. I did buy GSX and happily use it when AES is not available but I prefer AES. I just bought another credit pack last week.

Even at FSDT airport, I still use AES - partly because I haven't found the time to work through all the GSX settings and partly due to the fact that I don't like the GSX nag - close this, open this...

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

partly because I haven't found the time to work through all the GSX settings and partly due to the fact that I don't like the GSX nag - close this, open this

You can easily configure GSX to ignore an airplane door using the supplied Airplane configuration editor AND you can also customize GSX timings to increase the time between such reminders as a global setting (setting it very high, will basically turn off reminders)

This will stop the "nagging", which is of course made on purpose, in order not to end up in unrealistic situations with service men passing through doors if you forgot to open them. But, as I've said, it can be easily fixed in the above two ways.

Can any one tell me witch one has More animation to it GSX or AES .. ??

I only ask this because one of the GSX screen shots i see a man unloading the catering Truck

I only ask this because one of the GSX screen shots i see a man unloading the catering Truck

We don't need many screenshots to advertise GSX, since it can be downloaded for free, and it works in full with no limitations at all FSDT airports, the two Flightbeam sceneries that has been released so far, plus two default airports.

That's why our screenshots are not very informative: we figured out most users would just try it out on their own system.

I am having Big problems installing GSX and i am about to give up on it Although i have Purchased it right away with out even trying it hhhhhh

i did go to the form and i have been doing every thing for the last 5 hours i just cant install this ( Couatl)

I dont know what to do any more

Noticed this today: http://www.the-international-fsx-jetway-poll.info/jetway-poll.htm

Looks like their findings are a little different from this poll. The sample size is larger but the options are not as clear.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Noticed this today: http://www.the-inter...jetway-poll.htm

Looks like their findings are a little different from this poll. The sample size is larger but the options are not as clear.

I noticed there was no GSX option in the poll so it's similar but not as comparble to this poll. (On a side note, why would he include the option to have static jetways with a higher price? Seriously?)

I have an adequate FSX addon budget. I refuse to spend money on AES credits. GSX is not only very good, IMO, but it's a one time purchase and has been updated often. Plus, GSX can be adjusted to work @ all most airports. I know some people do not like pushing Control J, but I have no problem what so ever pressing that combo and smiling about the credits I did NOT have to buy.

Some like Coke. Some Pepsi. Some like the NGX, some like iFly. I have no reservations in recommending GSX. Others feel the same about AES and the credits... To each their own preference.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I noticed there was no GSX option in the poll so it's similar but not as comparble to this poll. (On a side note, why would he include the option to have static jetways with a higher price? Seriously?)

I have an adequate FSX addon budget. I refuse to spend money on AES credits. GSX is not only very good, IMO, but it's a one time purchase and has been updated often. Plus, GSX can be adjusted to work @ all most airports. I know some people do not like pushing Control J, but I have no problem what so ever pressing that combo and smiling about the credits I did NOT have to buy.

Some like Coke. Some Pepsi. Some like the NGX, some like iFly. I have no reservations in recommending GSX. Others feel the same about AES and the credits... To each their own preference.

Have you had any problems installing GSX ??

I am having this

The executable of couatl Scripting engine for fsx

has been modified . please check for vituses on your computer

if no viruses please reinstall the product

and i dont know how to fix it even with my antivirus disabled

do you know a trick ???

I have not had any issues installing GSX.

I have only 2 suggestions:

1) Run as Administrator while you try again to install

2) Sign up and join the FSDT forum and ask in the GSX backdoor. Virtuali should be able to get it sorted for you ASAP!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma