Sign in to follow this  
OHN

Major gaming site IGN reviews Flight

The average gamer takes IGN reviews about as seriously as I take that guy with wild hair on ancient aliens.. I'm not saying their review scores never make any sense, but they never make any sense.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Well, that shreds what little respect I had left of IGN.Seriously, 5.0? I wonder if the reviewer even bothered to turn off all the flight handicaps; judging by the review he didn't even bother to go into the options at all. It's almost as if the reviewer forgot the game was indeed free; commenting on how it's lacking radio communication and "real life weather".I would be insulted if I worked on the dev team. This game is so much better than a 5.0. And it's even worse once you consider how often IGN throws around 9.0+ ratings.So many ignorant people in the comments section; a lot of people passing judgement onto this game without even playing it. Oh well, that's the world we live in.They don't know what they are missing. Sure, it's not 100% realistic. But from one pilot to another, it's got just the right amount of sim and the right amount of arcade. It's a very relaxing game.

If you want to expand beyond Hawaii, well, you can't at any cost
It's almost as if the reviewer has a personal vendetta against this game.

The average gamer takes IGN reviews about as seriously as I take that guy with wild hair on ancient aliens.. I'm not saying their review scores never make any sense, but they never make any sense.
Been a member there for more than 10 years and buy just about every major release title, their reviews are spot on.

I'm not saying their review scores never make any sense, but they never make any sense.
LOL. just read it, seems to be looking at the surface only. sure, many things are correct and it may make sense to look at what we got now but they are missing the enthusiasm many of us have when looking down the road. and some things are just plain wrong, e.g. I DID see trees swaying in the wind. maybe a minor point in a flight sim but I was nonetheless happily surprised to see this happen. I like actually what I see. I like flight.have to carry on now to bring my 4 pax to hana, and I don't really care whether the seats next to me are actually empty...

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Erroneous review. No radios? No moving trees?Love the score, it'll keep the Gamers away.But hardly what MS would like! Now they'll have to include trackir..

Here is the link http://pc.ign.com/ar.../1220696p1.html, that is not good if MS hoped to get the average gamer to buy it.
And the truth shall set you free. About time someone publish the truth, exactly why this game will fail with it's current path. " it will undoubtedly alienate a wide swath of its potential audience – the hardcore crowd that not only filled its simulation coffers for years but also stuck with Microsoft through a variety of rough patches."

The funny part of the review is that they focused on everything that I think 80% of flight simmers are going to ignore. I'm not going to ding IGN as a whole, but their reviewer got this one totally wrong.I find the flight model in Flight to feel very real, but I don't know if it is "by the numbers" the way FSX was. I noticed that there are some RV-6A pilots on these forums and I wonder if they are finding that Flight is faithful to the real aircraft.I never looked to live out an artificial "Story" or a "Career" in a Flight Simulator. I can play GTA for that LOL.I love this line, "there arguably isn't much to hold long-term interest other than to experience the joy of landing, taking off, sitting in the cockpit, and enjoying the scenery." Umm I think that's the point!The community aspect is just starting to take off right here. That In my biggest opinion is what makes or breaks any enterprise these days.

I wonder how he did on the landing challenges. :DHook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Sigh,Flight certainly has some shortcomings, but seriously? I read a similar review at another site a few days ago, and it was much the same. It is like the guys that did those two reviews I read, did not spend any time with the sim to learn about what it does offer, and what it does not. Took a quick look at the surface, and never bothered to drill down into what all is in there.Alienate all the hard core simmers? Well it certainly has not this hard core simmer, and from what I see there are several others that feel the same as well. It certainly will not be for everyone, no one sim is. But will be interesting as it evolves to see how many more of the hard core simmers it captures. I have 22 hours in Flight so far, and while I read that whole review - it did not take long to realize he just did not spend an adequate amount of time with it to provide a more accurate review. If one is going to agree to review a product, at least devote the time to discovery of what all it will do, as well as all that it is lacking in - in this case that just was not done. Well anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :wink:

Been a member there for more than 10 years and buy just about every major release title, their reviews are spot on.
Totally agree, sometimes its hard to hear the truth. :lol: